Image w856

muppet's novel workshop

hi, i'm your friendly neighborhood muppet, and i've started a novel workshop! read the first post to join or find out more.

here's a link to my main account
https://writetheworld.com/profiles/25729/feed

MUPPET'S NOVEL WORKSHOP/INTRODUCTIONS

10
helloooo friends! g'day mates!

tis i, the muppet. as stated on my other account, i really hate that we can't upload chaptered stories on here. also, the young writer groups are ineligible to be created, for some reason. so i've made my own. 

this is a group where we can beta read one anothers' novels, offer feedback, criticisms, and help with everything. having a close-knit critique circle where we're all around the same age would be really beneficial, as i've found the website Critique Circle a bit too harsh for my tastes. 

a few people commented on my last post saying they were interested, so here i present to you, muppet's novel workshop! 
how does it work, you ask?

in the comments below, write a little introduction. say who you are, your novel (or idea that you hope to turn into a novel) is called, and then give me a one sentence log-line to describe the plot. genres and potential offensive things. personally i'm not offended by anything but once the actual reading bit comes along i want to make sure nothing is being reported. 

i'm going to post first here under my main account to give you an idea on how it works! please follow this page and drop your introduction below if you want to join! 

• February 2, 2019 - 10:53am (Now Viewing)

• Kahasai

I'm Kahasai, nicknamed Doctor Kahasai or Doc on discord.

Novel: Beyond the Veil of Silence

Plot/Logline: In a land living in terror of spirits and skin-thieves, Catt Zim finds an opportunity to prove herself to her mistrustful uncle by diving headlong into a mystery where the right questions can lead to answers no one is prepared to learn.

Genre: Fantasy ... (with a mystery/thriller subplot?)

Themes: trust, family, sacrifice.

Other: there's not an abundance of cussing, but it's definitely present at times. I cuss about as much as Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo ... if you've read that duology. At times it might be graphic? I don't know what'd count as graphic. I describe skinned bodies.

It's also important to note that this is a full-length novel, so it may take a while to finish.

• Aihpos

As you can see by the username written right above this line, I'm Aihpos.

Novel: Nanoscopic

Plot: Wynter Warlen struggles enough with ordinary school. But, when she stumbles into hidden catacombs beneath her school, she does everything to get her ordinary, homework-filled life back.

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy

This is Wynter's view on a story that Rosemarywisdom, Johanna and I are co-oping on.

Potentially offensive? Only if you hate a little romance.

• Johanna

I'm Johanna and I'm... here.

Novel: Haemolacria (co-oped on separate books with rmw & aihpos)
    (I've stopped publishing on here but would still like feedback)

Plot: Symmer Wildt doesn't need a reminder of her appalling past. Unfortunately, a trip to the cursed catacombs under her school might've just caused the best reminder there is. Forced to embark on an adventure filled with overthinking, she recalls memories and see visions and hallucinations that are a little too real to her liking.
    (That was bad but oh well)

Genre/s: Adventure, fantasy, humor? (realistic fiction when they're not hearing creepy voices)

There's a little weird romance haha

• rosemarywisdom

Okay. I'm rosemarywisdom. Active member on this site, future Marvel screenwriter, avid film junkie, rebel.

Novel: It's called Unspoken and I haven't worked on it in about a month because I'm suffering from a major block.

Plot: Sarcastic Autymn Halloran hides her tragic past. But when she accidentally discovers the catacombs beneath her school hold dark secrets of their own, she embarks on the adventure of a lifetime, where the lines between fantasy and reality are dangerously blurred.

BE WARNED: NOTHING IS EXACTLY AS IT SEEMS TO BE.

Genres: Action/adventure/humor/realistic fiction turned fantasy/hinted at romance

Themes: Individualism, Sacrifice

Anything else: Nothing I can think of, but some scenes can get dark and mysterious/thriller style. It'll definitely leave you on the edge of your seat.

(I post it in one long one, so just go to the most recent one to read it.)

• muppet

i love this swearing beast already! i'm so excited to read everyone's work. l8r this week or now i'll post the next big thingo on this page! x

Ok............ My last intro was terrible, so..... I'm Quille. Best way to describe myself is Round-The-Clock Writer. This intro's so much better! ;)

Novel: Might Be Continued

Plot-line: A fairytale mash-up where the Beast is trapped in a human body and trying to break the spell by killing Princess Beauty, thus causing Prince Gordon to suffer a broken heart. At least, he was going to kill her before he fell in love.

Genre: fantasy-romance

The Beast swears a lot, but that's all.

• muppet

Quille, sure! Please!

One question: are we allowed to do this for more than one novel?

• Big Blue

Blue is Blue. Sixteen-years-old.

Novella title: The Ghost of Rachel Borough

Log Line: Rachel Borough died in a drunk driving incident. Rather than being reincarnated or going to Heaven or Hell, Rachel turned into a ghost. To pass on, she has to make amends with friends and family, which turns into a much more depressing adventure than expected.

Genre(s): Realistic-fiction, drama, lgbt+

Contains mild language, and depressing themes. Loss of a family member/close friend, dealing with grieving, etc.

• muppet

@RainAndSonder, that counts just fine! Series and novellas sound great to me!

does this count for series that are more like novellas, or are short stories but have multiple parts to them and err on the longer side? i'm working on a short story that has three parts so far, but there are definitely going to be more and i'm not sure how long it's going to be. if not, that's totally fine and i'll just join as a reader!

oops forgot to add that i've written some snippets here and there, links below:

oof now i feel like i'm oversharing my love but lack of motivation ;P

• Kahasai

I'm Kahasai, a seventeen-year-old homeschooled girl.

Novella title: Wraiths of the Moon

Logline: A naive princess sets out to return the moonlight to the sky after centuries of darkness. On her journey, she meets Kistal, a sassy demon with more secrets than she can imagine. Soon, what was previously a simple mission turns into something far more dangerous as one ancient secret is uncovered and turns the princess into prey.

Genre: fantasy

The cussing is on the mild side of mild

i'm anha (the username says it all)
    i've been mulling over my novel idea for years (and i just call it fantasy, cos of the genre and the chances of it actually getting written)
    plot: anxiety ridden boy and his twin sister are driven by the hands of fate to free the neighbouring continent from the tyrannic rule of a stupid king and his comparatively more intelligent advisors, aided by a prince, a rogue magician and the head of the crown guard.
    genres: fantasy, lgbt+
    will probably contain swearing and mention of intrusive thoughts or suicidal attempts

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Hey! :) I’m Budding Mae. I’m writing a middle grade mystery-adventure novel that’s currently title The Game.
    It’s about a girl who enters a national Game with her best friend and befriends another girl, Albany. She discovers a horrible plot at the same time that Albany disappears, and they plan to rescue her. Not very good synopsis. XD I’ve got the whole thing posted on here on one piece, but I can post it chapter-by-chapter if you like. :)

Potential offense: there’s a romantic subplot, but that’s all. :) I’m very excited for this!

• muppet

@paperbird, yes!

• paperbird

hm... i don't have a novel, but i'd like to be part of this group. can i only be a reader?

• muppet

i'm muppet, a 17-year-old gal.
    my novel is called paper animals.
    log line: melbourne, 1995- when the ex-girlfriend to a popular rock star ends up pregnant, a custody battle and story of love & biological destiny ensue.
    genres: literary, women's fiction, romance (women's fiction does not mean men can't read it. it means the main character is a relatable woman.)
    there's very mild cussing in this, but that would be the least of our issues. the characters are all adults and one has a debilitating drug addiction. basically, this story is not censored. it's gritty, it's real life.

Hi, I'm Quille, writing an intro for my novel, Fairy Chains, of which I have published two pieces on here.
    Here goes:
    It's about a girl named Maisy and her friend Jacob, who just released a magical monster from their favorite tree.
    Genre is fantasy that collides with the modern world.
    Potentially offensive? People die. There will be nothing inappropriate and no swearing.

Thanks for getting this started and I hope it goes really well :DDD