Image

Verena

I'm a junior in high school who has the imagination of a five year old. Besides writing I also enjoy singing, acting, playing guitar, and exploring the forest.

Writing is my escape and I'm happy to find people who will read it. No matter how painful life becomes I'll always have my writing's which speak for me when I cannot. I'm awkward and quiet but my mind is filled with brilliant colors and loud opinions that are dying to be heard.

Numb to the Shadows

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

0
A mysterious young woman stood at the entrance of a dark alley, her sharp and calculating eyes burning holes into the backs of passerby's. The frigid wind whips her hair around her face, the pale moonlight shining over the darkened street. Laughter and the sound of harsh footsteps can easily be heard from the shadowed corner of the alley, the people drunken on the idea of getting home to their warm house's. Moss grows on the side of the old brick buildings, their tall frames slowly falling apart after years of abandonment. The air is brisk and filled with the painful reminder that winter shall soon be upon the now broken city. The mysterious young woman takes a deep breath and feels the chilled air catch in her throat, it was time to go home, home to her bed that swept her into the sweet allure of slumber.