Thornexcress

KizzyCat

I am a young writer in high school who writes for the fun of it. The things I love to read/write are fantasy, sci-fi stores, and cute, fluffy romance stuff. Plus a twinge of angst here and there.

I am still a rookie when it comes to spelling and punctuation. However I am trying my best at all of these, so go easy on me!

A Fairy's Life

PROMPT: Everyday Magic

0
    A fairy brushes Lily's cheek, and makes her flutter her eyes open. Small white fairies fly in the early morning breeze, like white dandelion seeds floating in the breeze. Lily giggled and reached out to touch one, for they always let her touch them. This time however it was different, because as soon as she went to reach for one, they all disappeared, along with the landscape around her. Surrounding her now, was a bright white room, and she couldn't move her arms. She felt gross, like she hadn't showered for days. And who knows, maybe she hasn't. A nurse walks in, and the scene changes. Instead of the nurse, it is the fairy queen, tall and lovely. The one who always seems to know just how to make Lily happy. A Mothers smile, one that makes the babies stop singing their songs of distress, and calms them to sleep.Like before, she had come to offer Lily a sweet fruit, one she couldn't name. Lily took it with much gratitude, sick of the dull boring foods the nurse gave her. 
    The two talked and talked, and Lily didn't want this one to end. Sadly, though, all good stories have an ending, and soon Lily was back in her white room. The nurse was standing a ways off, looking at her with such a sad expression. It made Lily wonder why. Was she worried about the fairies hurting her? Oh, if only the nurse could meet her fairy friends, she would fit right in. Fairies only like pretty, delicate things, such as people with soft skin, smooth hair and shining eyes. It matched themselves greatly, a pretty girl for a pretty fairy. That's why Lily could never stay long. She was never pretty enough. And now, she never would be.