Received 1818677971734315

Bailee

You may be wondering what makes me different from you or the person in the corner? Well not a lot really, I write on here, on Wattpad, and singing is my life. I'm striving to one day perform on Broadway... hopefully. I honestly just love feedback!

I would really appreciate some feedback! Thank you :)

The Car Ride

0
The car is silent.
Slowly we exit our driveway only to drive shortly and briskly make a U-Turn to head in the other direction. We all know there is a certain tension bounding against the confiding spaces of the car, but none of us say anything. It has been decided that we are to head to our local dam for lunch which will only take half of an hour to drive. Mum said it will be good, she says it will be a change of scenery. The truth is we all have been seeing the same walls of our house, shadows masking the daylight we urge to see, especially my Dad. As they say, Mother knows best, maybe it is a good idea to eat out for a change. I am beginning to realise the lack of luscious scenery I hoped to see. The sky is grey. The clouds are blocking whatever hopeful sunshine there was left. Of course, of all days, in summer, when it could be sunning for us in the middle of the day on a Saturday, it's not; it's raining.

We continue to drive. The car is still silent.
The light hammer of the rain fills the empty void that is silence in our ears. At least nature can make some sound. As we travel along the highway gloomy tree's stand still, soaking, dripping, waiting for the rain to pass. What was meant to be the continuous evergreen lining the edge of the highway is now dark, depressed and lonely. Dad speaks, maybe because the silence is too painful or because he believes he has to say something through the matters. 

"How are your friends?" he asks, eyes sill plastered to the road. 

"Good, they're really good," I reply, I don't say anything else. Maybe because I don't know how to elaborate or maybe because I don't want to say too much, as if words are infected with venom. 

The car is silent. 
The rain splatters against the windows ever so lightly, making patterns as the car makes a turn off, heading to our destination. I know he's thinking about her, we all are. "She'll be alright," we say hopefully, "She's a strong woman," we reassure ourselves, the constant pound of the words repeating in our heads. Truth is my Dad doesn't know, Mum doesn't know, none of us know, no one knows. She never deserved this wretched internal bully that will never go away. The rain continues to splatter against the window with every new thought in our minds. Rain is so calming yet is so terrifying because it is saturated with truth, later the storm will come. I keep hoping the scenery will change, that the tree's will perk up or the birds will chirp again but nothing. Once again the only sound occupying the space is the rain, drip, drip, drip. To make matter's worse for what was meant to be a nice Saturday is how I can link everything to something worse. To make an example the grass; it's dry, shriveled and tinted with a melancholy brown. Because despite the weather being cooler today, it's still the middle of summer, dry, shriveled and all the once beautiful colours of the spring are now melancholy. The longer grass reminds me of the once blooming flowers in the vibrant Spring, waiting to blossom again. You know it's funny, I now know why sick people in hospital's usually don't like flowers. Although they are flamboyant, vibrant and cheerful it quickly fades. Flowers die, just like people, slowly dying... Drip, drip, drip.

The car is silent. 
I realise that we are closer than I thought to our destination. The dam is always a lovely place to go with a quaint little cafe, a surrounding park and outdoor park benches, sometimes it's just the simple things in life that are the best. The rain has slowed now to a softer pace like the beating of a resting heart. Mum and Dad are still paying attention to the road ahead, they speak briefly about some topic that I don't know about until there is silence again. The rain has stopped now but the clouds are still grey. I just wish we could all help her and tell her everything will be okay. Emails never seem to be enough, but for now it's all we can do. The dam is in sight now, we have arrived at the beautifully glum location. 

The car is silent.