Dc69f582 bd7c 469f 90b7 a1c7fab2d2c8

PureHeart

-Not my photo-
Young Writer
INFP-T
Hopeless Romantic
Away with the Fairies
Cat Lover
Hufflepuff
Victorian Viking
Marvel Fan
FOB/P!ATD
Gentle Soul
Disneyphile
Asgardian
Autumn Child
Born For Winter

~ It's always darkest before the dawn ~

#Fire CONTEST RESULTS!

15
~ the time has come ~

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to decide on. I'm not even exaggerating. All of you did amazing! There were so many pieces of writing and I know it took a LOOONGG time but I'm just so glad I've got this all sorted. It was almost impossible to decide the winner, but I hope you guys agree with my decisions!

1st Place:
loveletterstosappho
with ' carbon monoxide. '
This was just such an intense and interesting entry to read! I just absolutely love this piece! The way you expanded on you vocabulary, it made your description so full of depth. The depth you conveyed into this piece made it captivating to read. Such an interesting approach to the contest, and I love the useage of carbon monoxide, making an automatic link to fire. I highly recommend reading this piece!
 (you can find the piece in this link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/98942/version/188061 )

2nd Place:
fatpanda
with ' her. '
Again, a great example with the description. Even the sort of vagueness that flowed through this piece made it powerful, and made me want to carry on reading. Every word you used sparked off something in my brain. Its great to let the readers imagine for themselves the image your trying to convey. Very interesting choice of words, which made it all the more fascinating to read! I love the line 'as my magic touch extinguishes your pain.' 
(you can find the piece in this link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/97222/version/184952 )

3rd Place:
N.
with ' Honey / Water '
Very interesring concepts. When I was trying to decide who would be in the top three places, I thought about the uniqueness of different pieces. This entry stuck in my mind; it was one of the most memorable pieces I've seen. Every  word I read was interesting, and it kead the path for a great poem. Also, great use of rhetorical questions throughout the piece; it really instills the mystery you were trying to convey in the readers hearts.
(you can find the piece in this link here: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/97074/version/184662 )

Honourable Mentions:
I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself; I had to do two Honourable Mentions!

1st Honourable Mention:
Bambi
with ' the fire of life. '
Just so interesting! A very unique approach to #fire. I love how you incorporated relatable things that actually happens in the modern society. For example, you mentioned the sensitive topic of teenage suicides, which is really relevant for this generation. You knew who your audience was and your delivered this entry in such a way that made me feel inspired! Considering it was actually your first published work, I'm so proud!
(you can find the piece in this link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/97655/version/185821 )

2nd Honourable Mention:
Xavier Nelson
with ' Our Fire. '
This piece really showed the reader the narrator has an open mindset, especially the unique ideas you conveyed in this piece. I like how you related and compared human lives like that of a candle flame. This piece really egnites hope in the reader. I have a few favourite lines: ' a world in which we're all shining magnificently,' 'rage brilliantly,' and 'the world will be ours.'
(you can find the piece in this link here: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/96993/version/184490 )

Well done everyone! I appreciate all your efforts and I also appreciate your patience, waiting to hear the results! 

All the people who won a place on the #Fire leaderboard, tell me which pieces I should like and review.
Remember
1st place: 3 reviews, 5 likes, on the pieces of your choice.
2nd place: 2 reviews, 4 likes, on the pieces of your choice.
3rd place: 1 review, 3 likes, on the pieces of your choice.
Honourable Mentions: 1 review, 2 likes, on the pieces of your choice.

Hope you are all satisfied with the results!

Have fun and stay sweet,

Pureheart xx

• January 28, 2019 - 2:05am (Now Viewing)

• bambi

Hi PureHeart! Just logged into my account and found this in my notifications! Thank you so much for the honourable mention! I don't have any writings published here, so I posted a prologue of a long-term writing project I am working on called 'Charity Case'. I hope you could take a look at it! It's a first draft, so feel free to critique as much as you'd like! There's not much context to this story, so also let me know if you're confused with anything in the prologue :) Thank you so much!

Link to story: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/103480/version/196111

• Kahasai

Congrats to the winners!

• mrcolinredwards

Congrats to everyone who won and got mentioned,I'm proud of you! I might not have won,but this was a fun contest! Let me know when you're doing another one because I'll do it!

• fatpanda

Thank you and congrats to everyone else! Could you please review 'crush' and 'us'? Like any four pieces you genuinely like :) thanks again

• Johanna

Congrats to everyone ;)

• Silver Pen

Well done, everyone! God bless, and Jesus loves you. :)

• Xavier Nelson

Thank you for the opportunity to write something fun. You can review and like whatever you want, I don't have a preference ;P

Awesome everybody! :DD

• N.

Congratulations to everyone else, and thank you! Like loveletterstosappho said, I would rather let you choose pieces that you truly like. That said, I wouldn't mind the review to be on my piece titled "A (Potentially) Bad Idea" since it's a long term project. Thank you again, this contest was fun! :)

• loveletterstosappho

thank you so much!! i'd rather you like and review any of my pieces of YOUR choice, since i feel like that is a more genuine representation of your thoughts. thank you again and congratulations to everyone else as well!!!

• korra4life

Congrats to everyone!

• ProcrastinatingWriter

Great job to everyone who participated!