PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

Achilles & Patroclus

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

5
I screamed at the sky when you said you’d go to Troy. I asked the divines, “why?” And one stepped out of the sky to watch me choke in my grief for you.

“You know why.” The love born girl whispered as she wiped away a stray tear. I watched as you and I, the entirety of us flashed across her eyes and my descent into her arms was much too slow to be anything less than celestial. She murmured into my hair.

“All great love stories end in blood.”

“But why did ours have to be great?”

• PouringOutTheSun

Okay so I don’t know how to reply to you guys but I really hope you see this, but thank you guys so much. I only managed to get myself to stop crying after “The Song Of Achilles” like a few minutes ago and your comments have set me off again.

Ruthh: I know! Isn’t the book just amazing? And thank you so much for mentioning my work and that absolute masterpiece in the one sentence. I don’t really know, it just seems kind of like an honour ahaha.

Andromeda: I had to press my face into my pillow and try not to scream at your comment. It made me extremely happy to see your words. Thank you so much.

The Bubbling Pen: You were my first comment on any of my works here ever! The myth of those two really is just astoundingly beautiful isn’t it? And now you’ve got it in my head that I have to watch “Troy” and it’s pretty late at night. Thank you so so much for your kind words and I kind of melted a bit at the little <3 you gave at the end.

• Ruthh

AAA THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE SONG OF ACHILLES IS SO BEAUTIFUL TOO!!

• Andromeda

Very heartbreaking and very good writing, you were able to put a lot of raw emotion into only a few lines. Well done! :)

• The Bubbling Pen

Awwww this is so beautiful and I almost cried. I loved the movie 'Troy' so much and Achilles & Patroclus are honestly the best Greek legends ever. Fantastic work <3