Meah McGary

Over The Years

I have a friend her name is Jennifer. I met her at church when I was about 7, and to tell you the truth i hated her so much.  I honestly don’t even know why I hated her I just did, but as I got older and life got harder I realized that she was one of the only people that was there for me and that she cared way more than she had to. When I was nine my mom got us taken away for child abuse, and as I sat locked in the bathroom crying she was the only person that sat in there and told me it was going to be ok. She was the one who calmed me down when I couldnt keep calm while the police were taken my mom out the house in handcuffs. After being in foster care for about 5 months I was adopted by my best friend Jennifer on April 10, 2009. While living with her I struggled with deep depression.  On April 15, 2009 Jennifer called me into her room at exactly 4:22 in the afternoon and said, “ Meah I love you so much. I know that things may be hard for us all right now, but i’ll always be by your side baby. I’ll never give up on you and please never give up on yourself. You’re strong and can make it through anything life throws your way.” I began to cry, and just layed there I didn’t know what to say i was just so emotional and sad.
    Three days later my Grandma and I went to visit my mom. The whole time we was there she just made me feel bad about myself. She told me plenty of times that “she hated me” and that “we are all in this situation because of me” and “how she didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore”. I felt so hurt like and that things would never be the same and I was right. August 23, 2014 was the day my mom got custody back of my brothers and I. I spent that whole entire day crying. My mom just made me feel so worthless and that she didn’t even want me there. A few hours later we started to argue then things got pretty violent and the police was contacted. My mom was arrested again for an assault charge and I lived with Jennifer again.  Throughout life Jennifer and I have had many disagreements in life, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. She’s always been there for me. she was the mother that my mother wasn’t. I appreciate her so much, and i’m glad i’ve got to spend the last seven years getting to know her.