Peer Review by Samina (India)()

The Quickest, Most Wonderful Mistake I Have Ever Made

By: bride124

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

"Are you serious, Ryan?" Casey asked calmly.
"I'm sorry. I guess I don't love you anymore."
"This is so out of the blue. Is there something I did wrong?"
"No."
"I just don't know what to say." Casey shook her head in confusion.
"I think I should go." I paid for the dinner and left with my heart filled heavy with guilt and a twinge of regret.
I got home with my mom serving me a plate of spaghetti.
"I'm sorry that you broke up with her."
I sighed. 
"I know. And I love her so much. I mean we have been dating for three years. But I have cancer. I don't want her to be weep over me when I inevitably die in a couple months."
Mom nodded with comprehension.
"Honey, I know that you are right. But can I tell you one thing?"
I merely nodded due to the pasta in my mouth.
" If you really, truly, genuinely, wholeheartedly love her, don't let her go. Casey is so lovely and so perfect for you that she will be with you all the way no matter what. Trust your feelings for her to make your final decision."
I stared at my food, knowing I made the wrong choice.
"Thanks Mom." I leaped from my chair.
"That's what I am here for." She smiled.
I perhaps drove past the speed limit to park back at the restaurant. Like I knew she would, Casey was there, finishing up a eclair that I had ordered before breaking the news. 
I rushed through the foyer and paced to her table.
"Casey."
Casey looked up and scratched her head.
"Ryan. What are you doing here?" she whispered.
"Casey Elise Abrams. Would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" I pulled the engagement I have kept for two years from my pocket and presented it to her.
After a little bit of weeping and sniffling, she shouted "YES!" 
Momentarily after the clapping of nearby people and the exchange of a hug and kiss, I said "I have to tell you something."

I hope you like this mini love story. (P.S: It's a bit longer than 100 words. Oops!)

All is well that ends well.
I really felt that sometimes we are upset with life but we never know how it is going to end.

I feel sometimes under pressure of our voluntary brain we take decisions that our involuntary heart doesn't accepts. And the title is going with the tale that makes it much more attractive. This piece is so touching.Despite the fact your bound by word limit.

No additional comments.