Peer Review by loveletterstosappho (United States)

One Village's Children

By: bride124

PROMPT: Strike

Every ten seconds is a report of child abuse.
About 2,000 children die of abuse every year.
Close to 80% of child deaths involve one parent.

These statistics all involve the idea that children are being hurt every day. Second per second, children are being deprived of food, water, shelter, or the care they need. If I were to go on strike for anything, it would be for child abuse. Along with school shootings, cancer research, world hunger, world peace, bullying, social justice, and many more, this issue should be high in America or any country's radar. Children should not have to suffer for ordinary strangers to be aware that they are in danger. Us fortunate humans should seek ways to benefit children less lucky. We, as people on Earth, should treat anyone in aid as our own, so they can become successful. Thank you.

- bride124

I just wanted to inform people about what is going on in the world. Thanks for reading!

there's obviously the question of whether or not this affects the writer directly, or if the writer has had any experience with this before- one doesn't need to experience something to know it's wrong, though, and these are rather personal questions.

I think that the second to last sentence carries the most strength, with the idea that children are truly our future, and if we allow child abuse to continue, we're hurting our future.

very strong! I love the way you started with statistics. well-written & powerful