Img 1459

Maya!

how could i be so faithful to the queen of media?

yknow i'd really like to call myself a creator, but really i just dig up some words sometimes, and do my best to string them all together.

​Choice

PROMPT: Strike

15
I would walk out of school for Canadian Indigenous rights any day of the week. Perhaps I was not there to protest when they were slaughtered, assimilated, uprooted; when children were torn from their homes; when a cultural genocide took place on the soil I am building my life upon. Perhaps I didn’t choose to be born onto unceded territory, onto stolen land - but I can and do choose to speak up, to challenge, to resist. I am here now, and I wield the power to make change. Because the survival of Turtle Island’s original peoples is worth stopping traffic for. 

• The Bubbling Pen

Such a beautiful and passionate piece - I'm from Australia and I really feel this, as it relates to our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people too <3

• Hanan Adi

Yes, the Canadian Indigenous peoples! Along with the Australian Aboriginals, too often are they ignored and forgotten. Thank you so much for calling this to our attention.