Ryder

Homeschooled
Instagram follows are very welcome:) @elsagrace25
Goodreads: Elsa Grace

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
― Rob Siltanen

Will you always be there?

9
I stood on that bridge all night. The sun was now giving everything a pink glow, and it reflected off my tear stained face. I climbed up on the rail. One more step, I told myself. I heard a car skid to a halt behind me, I didn't look back. I took that step.

But someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back onto the bridge. "Why did you do that?" I shrieked.
"I can't let anyone do that." He had a soft voice. I looked up into his green eyes. "Why?" I said again.
"It can't be that bad."
"How would you know?"
"It never is."
"It's bad. I have nothing to live for, I'm tired of living other peoples lives. All I wanted my whole life was a family of my own. I needed a job....but nobody helped me get it. my hopes have been crushed too many times. Theres so much more that you wouldn't understand....I'm done. Nothing to live for." 
"You could live for me."
I looked back into his eyes hoping that this wasn't a joke.
Then he said, "God said I would find you here. Come with me." He took my hand and led me to his car. We both got in and I lived happily ever after.

• Fernweh

This is really beautiful!!!

• Ryder

Thank you @asteria!

• asteria

i LOVE this little short story! i agree with other comments that life doesn't go happily ever after, but if that is the story you need, then write it! i firmly believe that whatever you write should mean something to you, and if you need to hear that everything is going to be alright, then don't ever be afraid to say so! keep on writing, friend :)

• AbigailSauble

Hm ... while I like the descriptions, you could work on your monologue a bit, and the ending is not only abrupt, but a little silly.
    No one in real life ever lives happily ever after ... life isn't perfect. =)
    Keep going! God bless!

• Ryder

Not really supposed to be funny....but if you think it is that's fine. I just needed to state that everything works out fine for the rest of her life.

• Opal Drop

This so sad and heartbreaking. Beautiful description. Is the end, the last line to be specific, supposed to be funny? If yes, then it definitely is. If not, then it seems quite abrupt, and you should have a little more leading up to it, because 'I lived happily ever after' seems so sudden in this context. But still, wonderfully done!