Christy Wisdom

Hello people! What to say? I'm a Christian girl. I like to write. I write tons of poetry, some short stories, and other things.
I like
NARUTO
Imagine Dragons
LOTR
Harry Potter
Agents of SHIELD
Artemis Fowl
My Hero Academia
God bless you!

Thanks for reviewing my previous version, Paperbird!

The Right to Life

5
Stop associating abortion with women's rights. This is not a political battle, as it was when the right to vote was at stake. This is an intense fight for life as we know it. Whether or not you believe me, and whether or not you care, children are dying. We are letting the unborn die, and this is wrong. Why are we allowing this?  

Do you want to talk about supporting women's rights? Sure. 
I support the rights of the unborn women, the rights that are being taken away. We talk of how women should be treated with respect. We ask for rights. So why don’t we protect the ones in the womb? Why haven’t we respected them, the women who would’ve been our future? We tell everyone, we can be great, powerful leaders, so give us a chance! But we are taking that chance away from the ones who have yet to be born. The ones who we have killed.  

This is not an attack on anyone who supports abortion. I do not mean to offend. What I mean to do is inform. Babies are dying, whether you call them that or not. When a person is pregnant, you don't say "Congratulations on your fetus!" They say baby. Get it? Baby. Not "Bundle of cells" not "fetus". Baby. This is important. There is no distinction between a baby and a fetus. We tell ourselves that they are not human. Just because they are "bundles of cells", and “can’t live without their mothers”. I'm a bundle of cells. You are a bundle of cells. We would never have lived without our mothers, we need people to care for us. Does that make us not human? Does a couple weeks inside the womb make the difference between humanity and "not human"?  I don't think so. 

It is said that we should fight for the helpless. The innocent. We are meant to defend those who cannot speak. So stand with me, then. Fight for the unborn, fight for the men and women of the generations to come. Fight for the right to life.

1

• Christy Wisdom

I'm glad :)

• loverofwords2

i couldn't agree more.

• Christy Wisdom

Aww, thanks Paperbird! It was my pleasure to accept such wonderful feedback :)

• paperbird

thank you so much for taking my suggestions! paragraph 2 is so much better; you did great with the revision.

• Christy Wisdom

@asteria I'm glad you agree with me :)

• Christy Wisdom

Aw, thanks! Paperbird kindly reviewed it for me, even though this piece opposes their views.

• asteria

i am 100% with you Christy Wisdom. women's rights should be a completely separate issue from abortion. women have pride in their ancestors and their struggle for the right to vote, but why do we not have pride for the women of the future? we cannot be proud of our descendants and the powerful women they will become if their precious lives are snuffed out before they can take their first breath.

• The Bubbling Pen

New and improved... I love it! Even though I have different views, kinda (but not exactly) like in the piece I wrote, your passion and confidence is amazing to read. Awesome work <3