pencils.and.paper.roses

Director
NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
Queen
The Lumineers
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with Rami Malek
❤️

America passed a law in some states today allowing women to abort their children up until the day before birth. I don’t agree with it in the slightest, and as soon as I read the news I was angry.

Please know that this poem is not meant to offend ANYONE. It simply states my viewpoint on the situation. :)'

I'm reposting now for max exposure.

They Will Live

1
Anger rises in my throat
as almost-lives sing
their final note. 

Sadness rises as well,
as unborn children
claim their final quell. 

I can’t believe it. 
So many that will never live,
children who will never receive 
the love this world has to give. 

This unfair “permission”,
this cruel truth,
America, what’s wrong with you?

You bear these children 
without bearing, 
you give them life
without giving. 

How dare you?
I cannot stay silent. 
I cannot let lives be taken, 
signed away in a single second
of fear. 

These children will survive. 
These children will have worth. 
These children will live. 

• Christy Wisdom

I don't think we mean to say that women exist purely to marry and have babies. I'm a woman, and I don't believe that that is our sole purpose or anything. For me at least, this is less of a fight against women's rights and stance in society and more of a fight for lives that are being taken away. The way I see it, if a woman accidentally has a baby because of something like rape, there's no point in harming another innocent. It's not the baby's fault, and should not be killed because of something somebody else did. If it's a woman whose birth control didn't work, I mean, I'm sorry it didn't work for them, but I don't think that should make it so they can abort the baby. Also, the bacteria on our seat don't grow up to become as humans do, and do not have souls. I don't mean any disrespect, of course, by anything I say in these topic matters.

• paperbird

no. these are not "children." they are unborn matter. for crying out loud, they don't have brains. they don't have nerves. when you sit down in a chair, do you consider killing all of the bacteria that's on your seat unethical? you don't.
    you're forgetting about women. abortions are messy and tragic, but forcing women to bear children is cruel. and it reinforces the principle that women exist purely to marry and have babies.

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Very true.

• Christy Wisdom

Yeah, that's what fueled my piece. Writing on abortion, though people may not always agree with us, at least we give food for thought, right?

• pencils.and.paper.roses

I know right?? This is definitely going to be a prominent source of “Power poetry” for me for a good while. *teardrop*

• Christy Wisdom

This got me totally worked up, I went and looked it up, and ugghghghh what is this world coming to?

• Christy Wisdom

WHAT!?!?! THEY HAVE??!?! That's horrible! I was unaware of this :(( I totally agree with you, and I wish I could do more for the cause..