Screen shot 2019 02 21 at 5.38.11 pm

spearmint

Write free

I'm one of the many writers on this site who's left because of what I believe is unfair censorship. A few of my works have been taken down for mentioning, but not promoting things like suicide. This has happened to other writers too. I'll admit that it's kind of stubborn of me to just leave, but this issue is not something that I want to put up with. I'm not protesting WtW; it's just not the right place for me. If you want, you can find me on theprose.com. I have the exact same username, so it shouldn't be too hard.

As Cold As Stone (Chapter 13)

2
I'm sorry, I haven't updated in ages!!! I've just been so busy with school, homework, and extracurricular classes. I'll try to get this out.

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

This is awful. If our family isn't bad enough, Amy is spreading it around. Countless innocent lives... Disappearing by the second. I wonder what she is doing right now. Probably off killing some other poor parents.

Weeks later

It's become a habit to sit and watch the news now. I want to know what Amy is up to. I expect to find the same old thing, elections, Amy's terrorist attacks, global warming, wildlife endangerment, and whatnot. But something new surprises me this time. Amy is once more on the screen, this time live.

She hisses, "Tell my dear old brother that my corruptness started in our family." Then she turns away, and lets the cops lead her. It has been at the back of my mind for a while now, the possibility that she was the one who killed mmother. I switch off the TV. I'm too upset. I was hoping, no clinging on to the small chance that it wasn't her. I lay back on the couch as I did the day I buried Mom. I've truly lost everything now.
This was more of a filler chapter. I understand that I'm not as good as I was at the beginning, but I swear, I'm getting there. I also know that this was REALLY short, but I had to go SOMEWHERE, and I was sick of not updating this story.

• spearmint

Thanks so much!! I've been working on the next chapter, but it's coming kind of slowly, I apologize. And I might be able to make this into a book, now that you mention it! It keeps getting longer the closer I want to get to the finish, so I think with some polishing, your idea could work! Thanks for reading this.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I've been waiting for it, but forgot to look?
    Anyhow, I'm still really enjoying this and looking forward to whatever happens next; I think this would make an excellent book if you wanted to do that :DD

• Opal Drop

Nice! You're right, this did feel like a filler. The last couple of sentences seemed too abrupt though, so try putting in sentences that give a better flow. I noticed this is some other places, so try reading it out loud to see how it flows!