Katlynne Davis

Danielle and Benjamen's Story

Danielle and Benjamen's Story
Sunday, August 16, 2015
Danielle is the most beautiful girl in school. She is not just beautiful, she is exquisitely gorgeous. Her name is Danielle Nicholson. She is 16 with brown hair and blue eyes. I can't wait to see her tomorrow at school, I had to go to a math camp for the summer and didn't get back until earlier today, so I couldn't see Dannie. I’ve liked her forever, since like 5th grade but we are just friends though, best friends since preschool. We could never date though. First, it would be weird for her because we have known each other for so long, she says she sees me more as a brother. Second, is because she is the most beautiful girl and I'm some emo nerd who is as thin as a stick. She used to have the biggest crush on the quarterback, so I'm not really what she is looking for in a guy. The complete opposite really.
Monday, August 17, 2015
I started school today, it went pretty well, I think. Although I see Danielle and I tried to sit with her at lunch. That didn't go so well. I guess she made a friend over the summer. Her name is Taylor. She is older, and mean. Very mean. Anyway, so here is what happened at lunch: I went to go sit down next to her and Taylor was sitting on the other side.
“Who are you?” Taylor snapped.
“That's Benjamen” Danielle said.
“Who?” Taylor said again.
I decided to speak up.  “Dannie and I are best friends.”
Danielle’s face went red I knew she was embarrassed. It's the same face she made when I accidently seen her kiss her first boyfriend in sixth grade. I knew she didn’t want me there now. I just didn't know why.
Taylor asked “Since when is this freak your best friend?”
“I’ve known him since elementary school.” Danielle replied.
I left after that. I threw away my trash and waited in the bathroom until the next bell rang. After the last class of the day I went to find my locker. Lucky me, it turns out Taylor's locker is right by mine. While I was putting my books away I heard her and Dannie talking about a party that Thursday. Dannie doesn't party or she didn't used to. Especially on a school night. She had straight A’s last year and she didn't miss one day of school, even when she had the flu really bad.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
All of my classes are pretty good so far, I like the teachers. None of them are mean like my other school was. I went to a private school for a year because I was getting bullied so badly, I didn't mind but my parents did.
Dannie is in my Anatomy class though. I don't know whether to talk to her or not. I'm not sure if she doesn't like me or if it's just Taylor. But I guess I have a chance to find out because we were grouped up by the teacher for a project.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Dannie invited me over to her house today to work on the project. It's about the bones in the body we have to draw a body on a big piece of paper and put in the bones and label them. The teacher said one of us should lay down and the other can trace but I don't know about that. I would feel super awkward either way. We will probably just draw the bones and label them.
I asked Dannie about Taylor today at her house. She told me Taylor moved in down the street and they started talking and became friends. Dannie seems nice, she hasn't been mean to me so I think it's just Taylor pressuring her. While I was there Dannie didn't do any work on our skeleton drawing. I did all of it. It's weird because she always does at least half the work when we used to get grouped together. She has been sleeping in Algebra too. This is a major issue, Taylor is bad news. It has to be her. I don't see any other reason.
I went home and texted her and asked her a question about the project. I knew the answer but I wanted to start a conversation with her. She answered and it was not the right answer but I went with it.
“Thanks!” I said then I put “Do you have plans Friday? I wanted to see if we could have a movie night like we always used to! I think it would be fun.” I really hope she says yes.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
So I haven’t heard anything back from Dannie yet. It says on my phone that she seen the message though. At the end of the day I heard Taylor and Dannie talking about someone, “He is my friend I want to hang out with him! We haven't been able to hang out all summer!” Dannie yelled to Taylor.
“You're only getting mad because I said he doesn't like you. Which he doesn't, I don't think you should hang out with him and get your hopes u--” she stopped. They noticed I was standing there listening and Dannie ran away, to the bathroom I think. I feel really bad, I don't know why maybe I should've told her I liked her?
Thursday, September 10, 2015
I haven’t really written in here much after Dannie and I started dating, I guess I’ve been busy. I don’t think I’ll have much time to write in here so I might just give up the idea of having a journal. Dannie and Taylor hasn’t talked or anything since that argument.
I got the girl. The enemy is gone. I guess you can say this is happily ever after.

• February 16, 2016 - 7:16am (Now Viewing)