ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

A character for a novel I have yet to write.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Mari

PROMPT: Living People

1
    She has a lollipop in her mouth as she walks down the crowded street. She's always had a sweet tooth, but never liked eating sweets cause it made her feel girly. Ice queens don't have sweet tooths. Sugar was too expensive anyways.
    The sun had just slipped past the horizon and a fog was starting to flood between the tall, tired houses. The colors were all starting to blend together as twilight rolled in. She smiled -- she would be able to disappear easily. She brushed against a woman next to her and lifted a small mirror from her purse, a skill she was quite proud of. The woman wouldn't miss it.
   She continued walking away from the woman, but tripped as she stepped down from the curb, cursing loudly as she fell. Looking up, she saw the staring eyes of a small child, whose mother glared at her and led the boy away. As she watched them disappear into the crowd, a brief memory came to mind. She had tripped, her hands were scraped, and her mother was wrapping them in a handkerchief. A sad smile wormed is way around the lollipop. A memory of a recent nightmare replaced the face of her mother, though, and the smile faded. She kept walking.
   A copy of Dicken's A Tale of Two Cities was bouncing in her bag -- a birthday gift to herself, along with the lollipop. She would add the book to the eighteen others on her shelf at home.
   She looked up at the darkening sky, and quickened her pace. She didn't want to worry her brother.

1