All writing published for Sports Journalism Competition 2017. See Competition

Published writing

1

nashamyahbriggs (Israel) published:

you???

PROMPT: Sports Journalism Competition 2017

As time passes my
feelings are getting stronger
i have yet to find you
cause i dont know who you are.

my heart hurts from something
it doesnt have,i dont know
who you are but you got me
feeling some type of way.

my body crave you,so does my heart 
who are you?
when will you enter my life?
 or are you here already?
what am i not seeing?

from a young age you always had a place 
in my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MatthewS12345 (United States) published:

The Greatest Super Bowl

It is the 42nd super bowl of the NFL and the New York Giants are going against the New England Patriots.This is the biggest game of the whole season because the patriots were undefeated but the giants didn't have the best record in the league and they went head to head in the super bowl.
The patriots were the only team in the league that year that went undefeated. The New York Giants had 6 losses going into the playoffs...

Hynox (United States) published:

Carmelo Anthony Facing an Uncertain Future

Carmelo anthony a 10-time all star, practically guaranteeing his name in the hall of fame, yet the superstar remains one of the lowest rank player in today's NBA.
For all the acclaim carmelo has drawn for his spot on scoring and his ability to create mismatches as a physical, small ball power forward, but the critics have been quick to point out his defence and sometimes maddening the shot from midrange.
Carmelo is not pleased with ESPN’s NBArank. After coming...

Seeking Peer Reviews

BridgitK (United States) published:

Are Athletes from the LGBT Community Being Discriminated Against?

LGBT Athletes are being harassed and discriminated against for their preferences instead of their ability. The athletes are being harassed, bullied, and more and more torture. The athletes are scared to come out to their teams, and that has to change.
    Recently there has been recognition on this problem. LGBT athletes have been discriminated against. The reason, their sexual preferences and gender. The fellow athletes will do anything to harass or discriminate against their fellow team mates.
As of...

GiannaMonaco (United States) published:

Rules of Surfing

Surfing is just like any other sport. There are rules and competitions for surfing just like all the others. When surfing you can’t go far into the ocean, but you have to go far enough to get good waves. You can’t go just sit on your board in the middle of the ocean, or sharks will think your food. If you go to surf, you follow the rules of the beach, and just surf normally.
    The first rule for...

2

RedWriter (United States) published:

Sportsmanship

A Good Sportsman.

What matters the sport?
Whether it be field or court?
If there is no good sportsmanship?
Do you see the story's blip?

A man could be the best of the best
And to this he could easily attest.
But if he is to make fun of the other
Would that not be the same as a bully to another?

And should the loser of that game,
Whether an off-day or pressure of fame,
Demand false unfair play...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Theodora Oancea (Romania) published:

Hooliganism: Who Is to Blame for Misbehavior?

With the increasing number of sports competitions kicking off in various places of the world, there comes concern about fearsome fans and the right way to deal with them.

For many football admirers, 29 May 1985 counts as a dark day etched into their memories forever. Thousands of people went to watch what should have been the match of a lifetime: Liverpool competing against Juventus for the European cup. Thirty-nine people died and 600 were injured when Italians fans were...
Seeking Peer Reviews

annieamwl (United States) published:

Taking a Knee

It’s is one of sport’s most humanistic qualities, the reverent tradition of kneeling when a player is injured until they get up to respectful applause on both sides.  It’s ironic that this universally accepted symbol has become the source of contention in the firestorm that has emerged from former NFL quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit out the national anthem. Amidst the raging debate whether it’s the right thing to do or inconsiderate to those...

EnjeckCleo (Cameroon) published:

Soccer in Cameroon: Profit or menace?

Cameroon is a bilingual country situated in Central Africa. Like many other African countries, soccer is a widely practiced sport. Assessing the facts, one can’t help but wonder: is soccer bringing out the best or the worst for the country’s population and the economy?

Let’s start with the good part. Soccer, like any other sport, is great for the health. An estimate of 98% of the country’s male population must have played soccer one time in their lives. It’s a...
Seeking Peer Reviews

CarlyI#7 (United States) published:

Kershaw Throws Zippy Fast Balls

Clayton Kershaw is a professional baseball player for the Los Angeles Dodgers. He is a left-handed pitcher for his team and he is ranked #1 pitcher in the MLB. In 2008, Clayton Kershaw was the youngest MLB player around. He has come a long way from where he started because now he is the best pitcher in the entire MLB. In fact, Clayton Kershaw has the world's ninth largest sports contract of $215,000,000 and his salary is currently at $32...

Kyle McCarthy (United States) published:

The Biggest Fight in History

The Conor Mcgregor Floyd mayweather fight could be the biggest fight in history. Conor Mcgregor coming straight out of the UFC walking into a boxing ring must be very different to him. He’s used to kicking and wrestling until the opponent taps out. In the Octagon in UFC it very different when talking about rules. Conor spent years training and winning fights in the UFC he was lightweight and featherweight champion meaning he was the best UFC fighter in two...

Rdryer (United States) published:

Bayshore Cross Country Starting Off the Season Right

Monday September 11, starts off the cross country season at Bayshore Middle School in Middletown NJ, they have many upcoming practices and meets, but they remember to keep their heads up and legs moving. Many students have been able to prepare for this years cross country season by participating in the school's spring track program, which has been running for two years now. Last season Baysore’s boy’s cross country team had a 0-0 over all win and the Bayshore’s Girl’s...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

C.S (United States) published:

The Giants

Today we are going to be talking about one of the most popular popular baseball teams of all time the San Francisco Giants, they have one over eight championships in their lifetime starting from the earliest being 1905 to 2014. The history of the San Francisco Giants starts in 1883 with the New York Gothams and has had some of the best baseball players in history starting with Willie Mays, Juan Marichal, Barry Bonds and Gaylord Perry. The amazing team...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Michael Weinbel (United States) published:

The History of The Mets

How well do you know the New York Mets? The New York Mets organisation started in 1962. They won five national league pennants (1969,1973, 1986, 2000, 2015) meaning they went to the world series five times. Out of the five times they won the world series twice, there first one 7 years into their organisation in 1969, and there second one in 1986.
When the team started their colors were given to them by two teams, that used to play...

Christopher Jensen (United States) published:

Las Vegas Raiders Stadium

2 Billion dollars invested in building the Oakland Raiders new stadium in Las Vegas. It will take three years to build this Gorgeous stadium. The team owner Mark Davis had the idea with others to build this stadium. The name of the dome stadium is still yet to be found.

The Stadium will be almost 1 billion more than the Dallas cowboys stadium. The raiders stadium today is also used for baseball, and it has the diamond that...

1

Collin Jaffe (United States) published:

Ousmane Dembele's Trip Around The World

How would it feel to be only 20 years old, just coming out of a youth soccer club, and signing for the spanish giants, Barcelona?  Ousmane Dembele had just turned 20 years and has now signed for Barcelona for 105 million euros (125 million dollars) plus add ons of about 42 million euros (50 million dollars).  That means that only a twenty year old boy had just signed for one of the best European clubs of all times for about...

Angela.Volpe (United States) published:

The Ball Family, the Greatest Family in Basketball

The ball family is one of the biggest family´s in basketball right now. But in order to understand why you need to know their names first. Firstly, there is LaVar a former star college basketball player, former NFL player and now full time trainer and businessman. There is also his wife Tina , who is also a former star college basketball player. Then there is Lonzo, or just zo, the oldest son and the star of the family....
Seeking Peer Reviews

MickDog (United States) published:

History Of The Philadelphia Flyers

The Philadelphia Flyers came together in 1967 and where part of the NHL expansion.The  Flyers were the first expansion team of the Original Six era, and were meant  to win the Stanley Cup,  in 1974 and again in 1975.  The prediction was right,  the flyers won their first stanley cup in 1974.
The 1975 stanley cup finals, were played by the the Buffalo sabres against the returning champions, the Philadelphia flyers. The flyers had won the stanley cup for the...

1

The Greatest Super Bowl

1

Acel Jone Cayot (Philippines) published:

Cleveland Cavaliers flounders in the Game 5 vs. Golden State Warriors

The Cavaliers’ defense silenced Stephen Curry, Warriors' prized forward, in the first half – but not during the crucial moments of the payoff period.

The Cleveland Cavaliers clawed back from 6 points down in the third quarter but just couldn’t find their man at crunch time as they suffered a 120-129 loss at the hands of the Golden State Warriors in the National Basketball Association (NBA) Finals Game...
Seeking Peer Reviews

amandac (United States) published:

Chicago Cubs Win World Series After Historic Drought

The blue W flew proudly over Wrigley Field as Chicago celebrated the Cubs' miraculous 2016 World Series win. The city was alive with excitement for the Chicago Cubs, who hadn't held a World Series Title since 1908. Fans had been waiting a century for this night; some people were born and died without seeing the Cubs win a World Series. After decades of failure and disappointment, emotions were high as the Cubs entered the final game of the series at...

Seeking Peer Reviews

BarryK (United States) published:

Super Bowl 52 For Green Bay?

A 44-21 blowout which will knock the Green Bay Packers out of the Playoffs. This is what Green Bay will have to avenge this season after an embarrassing performance in the NFC championship game last year. But the new season can look promising to Green Bay. With the defense improving which has killed them in the past. Aaron Rodgers said to be at his prime by NFL Hall of Famers and analyst. Also, being able to beat anyone in the...

1

olac (United States) published:

Jayson Tatum's Outstanding Move Into the NBA

A college basketball player of Duke University has struck the many minds of the media with his incredible talent. He plays with the ability to make most of his shots but he also plays with the ability to make you in an uproar for the type of shots he makes.
Jayson Tatum, 19, has been playing basketball ever since he could remember. He started to enjoy it, even more, starting in middle school. He's always desired to play professionally.

Going...
Seeking Peer Reviews

5
1

Autumn Finch (United States) published:

Animal Athletes in the Great White North

In 1897, the Two Harbors Iron News ran a story about a man named John Beargrease, declaring “there is probably no more reliable carrier in the land, there are but few harder routes”.
Beargrease was the son of an Anishinabe chief in Beaver Bay, a small town on the north shore of Lake Superior. He carried mail, by dogsled, up and down the shore of the great lake, a job that was always demanding and often dangerous. According to Daniel...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MendezSa (United States) published:

​Major Bus Incident; Angles Injured

It was a beautiful day in May 22, 1992 when a bus swerved and injured a handful of players on the team in the New Jersey Turnpike in Deptford Township, NJ. Thankfully, only 18 of the players were injured on the bus. Reckless bus driver Carl has been charged with a $66 fine for his careless driving.

Bus Driver Carl picked up 18 of the 37 players on the team while the other bus took the other 19 players...