This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

Write the world prompt   globalization

Your Voice: Globalization

Full Details

Some recent elections around the world have demonstrated a backlash to globalization. In the UK, for example, voters decided to leave the European Union (EU) in a movement known as “Brexit”. And in the US, voters elected Donald Trump, who campaigned on promises of building a border wall between the US and Mexico and scrapping the 22-year-old North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which reduces or eliminates tariffs (taxes on imported goods) between the US, Mexico, and Canada. Shortly after taking office, Trump also withdrew from the Asia Pacific trade deal, which was intended to remove barriers between the US economy and those of 11 other countries around the Pacific. 

Dear writers, tells us your thoughts about being a part of a global community, as Natashia Grace and FidgetSally do in these impassioned responses. What do you want the legislators of your country to know about your feelings on this issue? In one sentence or one hundred sentences (or anywhere in between), tell your president or prime minister (or another leader of your country) about your perspective.

And if you’re feeling inspired, we encourage you to send a copy of your response to the legislator of your state or territory, or to your local Newspaper.