All writing published for Slow Seeing

Published writing

2

old (United Kingdom) published:

early morning lullaby

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The blinds are shut. My eyes are shut.

Tiny birds spring from the flimsy branches of a hedge and hop across the stones. They chirp and chat and laugh and pluck small berries from the bush, not still even for a second. They hide under cars and perch on windowsills - charming the elderly with their colourful feathers and round bellies.

The warm summer evening has turned into a cool morning and so I roll over, kicking the overs back...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

ollieollie (United States) published:

Paint

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Color dribbles into the sky. Slowly at first, a few drops here and there, but then it comes in a torrent as the sun races to meet the horizon. Pinks, yellows, streaks of purple and red are all painted sloppily across the sky, glowing, dripping a bit and running into each other. The clouds, wherever they reside in the sky, get a pink coat, and remain as little highlighted spots in the air.
    The color starts to bleed into the sea,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

old (United Kingdom) published:

early morning lullaby

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The blinds are shut. My eyes are shut.

Tiny birds spring from the flimsy branches of a hedge and hop across the stones. They chirp and chat and laugh and pluck small
berries from the bush.

The blackbirds in the garden peck at yesterday's bagels with their orange beaks. They return to the safety of the phone line before the cats wake up.

Pigeons watch the birds from the tops of chimneys, they build their nests perfectly round so they...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

AbigailSauble (United States) published:

Morning Had Come

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

I couldn't sleep. My dreams were constantly bothered by trying to remember what it was like to see. Grasping the banister, I drowsily stumbled down the stairs, praying my parents wouldn't hear me and send me back to bed. The air was musty inside, from being closed up all winter, but outside I was free to breathe! Quickening my pace, I felt my way around the doorway at the base of the stairs, and set my hand to the wall....

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

KaylaM78 (United States) published:

Thunderstorm

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

All is quiet for a brief moment. The heavy, dark clouds above are unmoving as the world awaits the inevitable downpour. Suddenly, a quick flash illuminates the sky with a strong flash of bluish, silvery light that glides along the darkened clouds, casting a glow along them for only a moment until the light fades away. The details of the storm clouds are outlined in the rapid shine of light; from below, the clouds seem smooth and the only rough shadows...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Peppermint Lemonade (United States) published:

Analysis of a Beach-Front Sunrise (a Contemplation of Unknown Messages)

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

You watch the spheres of hydrogen we call stars shine helplessly bright in the crisp winter air as you wait for dawn to arrive. Shivering slightly, you run your hands over your limbs, trying to make the horribly unattractive goose-pimples return to their pores.
The night atmosphere seems to tense around you. You squint at the never-ending horizon of salt-water. The edge seems to pale, the curvature of the earth making it look like a halo of light.
Slowly the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

glass_raindrops (Tunisia) published:

Alpine Storm

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

We sit on a wooden deck, a little sliver of porch, on the side of a mountain in the Alps. We just finished dinner, even though it's about 8:00, and my mom whisks away the mismatched dishes with remnants of stew puddling at the bottom. That contented feeling settles in your stomach, the kind that weighs you down and fills you up. 
We spend a few minutes like that, just sitting in the brisk air, watching the sun sink in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

RedWriter (United States) published:

Untouched By Man

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Far away, in a cold place with snow hanging onto leaves like fringes of snowflakes, unwilling to fall, there is a group of trees, a forest. Snow drifts and patches of icy skates cover where lakes had frozen over and where the land had been covered in the layer. The buzz of life was not as clear as it was in other forests, but it was there. An owl slept in a tree, blue snowflakes dissipated on the nose of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

sarah leying (United States) published:

Standstill

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

For a few precious minutes in the early morning, time comes to a standstill.
Light spatters onto the edge of the sky’s massive canvas and beings to trace its way across the sky, pink and blue hues intertwined together in a perfectly choreographed ballet to unwritten music that sweeps through my heart and leaves me breathless. Birds begin to sing. The first bits of sunlight scatter themselves onto the ground unveiling millions of twinkling dewdrops. A cooling wind moves through...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

HeyThereRose (United Kingdom) published:

​Living forest

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The forest is living.
Quivering with aniticipation.
Still at first glance and then
The conapy of green above me flurrys for a moment,
the carpet of ivy twitches.
Out of the corner of my eye I catch a fern dance,
Only to freeze seconds later.
But there is no wind.
The forest is alive.
Breathing.
And...
Speaking.
A thousand voices chatter in the stillness.
Each one different from the next,
This is more than just birdsong,
As bluetits converse,
And...

Seeking Peer Reviews