All writing published for Slow Seeing

Published writing

Audrey Arbeeny (United States of America)() published:

Washed Up

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Step by Step, the footprints of my size six feet were shattered against the unbreakable sand while walking to the large portion of H20 . As coming up to the crashing, blue, sight seeing waves you can see the pattern of just two feet that followed up to me. The waves were big, but not to big, and when they crashed everything went white throughout the ocean. I gathered my sun-dazed specs, and color orientate carry on to the spot...

b.mxtthxw (United States of America)() published:

Harvey

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The day started out like any other. Mostly anyway. It was my sixteenth birthday and we were stuck inside. We'd gone to the store the night before to get things for cake and almost everything was gone.

By noon, the rain started. Slow at first. Just barely able to be seen by looking out the window.

It didn't take long to speed up.

Time started moving slowly. We knew it was a hurricane....

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
2

Abbi Dougherty (United States of America)() published:

Sunrise

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Your eyes adjust to the sudden brightness as the sun reaches you from atop the horizon. It rises through the sea of smeared colors. The grass and plants bend and bow as the early morning winds usher forth the new day. The birds begin to herald the dawn and the animals begin to awaken. The trees are bathed in light and sway in the breeze. The hills stretch as far as the eye can see and all around you, the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MendezSa (United States of America)() published:

The Storm Begins

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

I panicked underneath a table. I was confused, surprised, and bewildered. My head was spinning and I couldn't stop thinking about the world without me in it. Just as I was about to scream, someone had their hand on my shoulder. My head stopped and I found where I was again. A wave of relief and comfort rolled down onto me and as soon as I looked to see who it was, it vanished. I woke up from...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

val (Singapore)() published:

Something

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

When the Earth is hungry, she'll complain a little. Like a bus driver who's been working from six in the morning to three in the afternoon, ferrying passengers to and from the city, her stomach will give a small protest. A gurgle, then it grows into a rumble, then a complaint. She'll wait for someone to answer her, feed her water, feed her kindness and love, but will it happen? Probably not, she knows, because when her creations are hungry,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Lucy_Cerys (Australia)() published:

God's Breath

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Huge metal beetles crawled slowly across a fog drenched road. With the mist came a near-silence in which only the whispered sounds of a communal engine hum and the connected heartbeats of each witness could just about be heard. The fog was the breath of God on a cold winter's morning.

A bird landed on the bonnet of a car unafraid in the peace brought by the unknown. It stood for a few moments shifting it's feet a few times and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Kerstin Seguin (Canada)() published:

Cold Touch

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

beautiful things seem to hurt the most. I remember having to walk home from school on a cold fall afternoon because my fathers truck wouldn't start. if it was too cold for the vehicle to start I don't understand how it was warm enough for me to start. I began my journey from my middle school to my house down the street. I stepped out of the building to see snow falling. everyone was hurrying to their vehicles or back inside but I looked up at...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

rowangalathynius (New Zealand)() published:

What About Us?

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

*inspired by a P!NK song*

Two children, sitting atop a lush green hill. Legs stretched out, gently crossed at the ankles. Each has one hand in the hand of the other, and the other hand steadying them. Their faces are angled toward each other, filled with joy and laughter. A happy day, happy hour, happy minute for them.

Anyone observing them would notice the innocent air surrounding them, until... Flash. The sky suddenly flashed, the movements of many step leaders...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Paroxysm (Viet Nam)() published:

Winter

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

It's grey. It's has been like that ever on the upper part of this piece of uninspirational landscape since it was born on this way through the stars, a faintly whistling sky but not like the leaden colours of the arenaceous pencils that are touched so commonly, trying to fill up the somber vacancies by embellishing some more atoms, breaking the whole structure with the spherical heaviness. The sky of this cloudy loneliness feels like a sketch of sloven dots,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Unapologetic Regret (Australia)() published:

Small Whispers Change Worlds

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

A whisper disrupts nature's quiet song. It is small, but strong. Rustle and wobble, rustle and wobble, it continues. An eternity passes, it seems, until the very first fracture. This infinitesimal sound signals a new beginning for one, but around it, the planet continues spinning and activities resume undisturbed; this incomprehensible event goes completely unnoticed. The tiny whisper grows, raging against its confinement, our confinement, all confinement. A while passes before stress points become fractures, fractures become breaks, and breaks...

1
1

HivertoAutumn (United States of America)() published:

Rushing Waters

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The little lappings of water washing up to the shore grows. It grows a bit louder and a longer. It touches your toes, then your bare feet, then the person behind you, till it's gone too far. A bit strange, yes? But nothing to be afraid of. Until the little lappings pushes back one more time and it brings the waves along with it.

And you start running.

Run from the waves that follow you on to shore. It follows...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

SadBirds R BlueBirds (Australia)() published:

A Beast I Knew

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The deep- throaty growl could be heard in the distance as a mighty roar broke through the skyline.
I wasn't prepared for the claws that dug through the watery sky and pushed the surrounding clouds from its presense.
I heard rather than saw as the belly of the beast make its way over the city, placing a blanket over the surroundings.
The ground shook as its embodiment stepped closer and closer to my house.
I wasn't ready as the smoke...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
2

elisa (United States of America)() published:

Lindley

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

i'm calm.

it's rare, nowadays, for me to be, what with school and work and anxiety. but here, perched on the side of the bridge, watching the stream twist and turn and bubble over rocks and dirt and sand, i feel okay. i watch maya quietly, her paws barely grazing the ground as she jumps from bank to bank. i can hear the sound of a dove high above me, crooning and rustling her wings.

a leaf tears off the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Nadia Kotova (United States of America)() published:

That's Why I Write in the Willow

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The lone willow sweeps its bows in the center of the open field, guarding over the blooming wildflowers. Lovely little blossoms bob brightly in the wind. Long grass ripples in waves amongst the flowers. They carry them along in their tide. Purples, pinks, reds, blues, yellows, and oranges play with each other. Everything in the field is open and free.

That's why I write in the willow. 

But the wildflowers, as beautiful as they are, cannot compete with your beloved...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Insomnia Writer (United States of America)() published:

Autumn Leaves

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The world alight with brilliant flames
Crackling, roaring, and all-consuming
Slowly, slowly burning sun-kissed earth

Rusted copper and scalded vermilion 
Tawny ochre and golden amber
A beautiful fire twisting, twirling its deathly dance

The blazing inferno destroys the world
Razing summertime's final last breath 
With the charring remains of autumn once more
Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Mitsuri (United States of America)() published:

Tree

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The day was slow. In this summer heat, an ancient friend stood. His back was bent with time pushing down on it, with gravity pulling it down. The tender skin of youth had wizened with years of heat and cold, and is scarred from the cat of nine tails. Wind would ruffle his old friend's hair, dyed in the hues of green and yellow. The being was bound to earth, without his roots he is nothing. His roots were deep,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Korai (United States of America)() published:

Blind

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Murmurs fill the air as tourists prowl the streets. One shirt. One shirt for them to remember an event that is supposed to stick with them forever. Shelves are ripped apart, leaving nothing but discarded price tags. And they fall back to their parks and their libraries, carrying their prey as they trample the grass and watch the ever-darkening sky. 

Put on your glasses, the child says to the dog as she wrestles a piece of cardboard around his eyes....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Atalanta (Canada)() published:

Bull Of Wind and Earth

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

1:00 PM. The sky is not it's normal shade of purplish blue, but nearing teal in colour. I can see a wall of brick-like clouds moving forward in the sky. They resemble some godly figure pushing forward building blocks of grey steamy matter. The first move in a devastating game.
1:30 PM. Is it night? Am I underwater? The sky is so dark, and the murky green of the sea. Light filters through the clouds the same way as it...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Atalanta (Canada)() published:

Bull Of Wind and Earth

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Kaitlyn ❄ (United States of America)() published:

And The LORD Parted the Clouds

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The thunder roared outside of our house. Lightning flashed illuminating the fields and trees. The clouds were so thick and dark

you might not be able to tell that above that all, it was daytime. The house shook again and again. I watched the rain beat

down upon the road, several meters from our house. Cars drove by at snails pace, in a vicious attempt not to slip and crash

during the treacherous storm. I heard a stick crack ominously...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Azurea_Robin (Canada)() published:

Vesuvius: Fiction Once Again

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

A gray haze spread across the sky. Maybe it was an eclipse. Maybe a meteor blocking out part of the sun. Or maybe entirely something else. It didn't cross the mind that maybe it could have been an eruption of Vesuvius. Perhaps it was because I was too sleepy, having just woken up. But, still, it never crossed my mind.

Well, not until the screams sounded. And not until Alexa came, grabbed my hand, and ran outside, barely saving anything...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

S K Hammer (United States of America)() published:

A world before light

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Cool air grips my body, goosebumps growing over my body. Adrenaline pumping through my veins, waiting for the moment. The moment before the sunrises, the moment when the world was still asleep but I was a wake. The wind changed, this was my time. Drops of dark blue started to pepper the sky. Time seems to slow to a crawl. I start to walk, then jog, then run. Wind blows threw my hair and bites at my face. I’m chasing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

pencils.and.paper.roses (United States of America)() published:

Storm

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

Clouds gather as if for a meeting,
and the air begins to chill and darken.

Drops begin to fall like tears from the heavens,
eventually escalating to an ocean 
as if the bottom fell out of the Atlantic.

Winds rush, branches bend, lights go out, 
as the world takes in the awesome sight 
of the waters rising.

As the winds and the heavens rest,
the ocean calms, and the clouds begin to fade,
the sun returns, and all is calm.
...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

old (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

early morning lullaby

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

The blinds are shut. My eyes are shut.

Tiny birds spring from the flimsy branches of a hedge and hop across the stones. They chirp and chat and laugh and pluck small berries from the bush, not still even for a second. They hide under cars and perch on windowsills - charming the elderly with their colourful feathers and round bellies.

The warm summer evening has turned into a cool morning and so I roll over, kicking the covers back...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

just.dreaming (United States of America)() published:

Once in a Lifetime

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

They told me it would be amazing. But whatever I'd been told could never compare to when I saw it myself. I was at school, and we had been preparing for it all day. They took us outside, and gave us glasses. Even before the moon fully passed over the sun, I was amazed. I had never seen the sun like that before. The seconds slowly ticked away, and the sliver of sun shrunk more and more, until the sky...

Seeking Peer Reviews