All writing published for Your Voice: Climate Change

Published writing

BlueGold (Canada) published:

The Time Is Now

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Over the past few weeks, I've been reading up on this global phenomenon: Climate Change. I knew about the drowning polar bears and the trees getting chopped down. But that was just the tip of the (melting) iceberg. 

Scientists have climate models that can recreate the temperature and weather events of the Earth. When these climate models were subjected to natural factors only, the results did not show the warming temperature and extreme weather events we are seeing today. However,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Devin Cook (United States) published:

The Impact of Global Warming

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Global warming is a controversial topic currently in the US. Studies show that temperatures and ocean levels are rising and it's our fault. Humans rely on cars and factories for many things, but the fuel and coal that runs them emits gases that are toxic to our planet. As these gases are released into the air they create a seal in our atmosphere. Heat from the sun comes in but it can not get out. This causes the temperature to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jackson Crook (United States) published:

Climate Change

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Climate change is a serious issue. The planet has already warmed by an average of 1 degree Celsius since the middle to the end of the 20th century. 1 degree may not seem like much, but it is a lot for a planetary average. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, sea levels have risen more than 9 inches since 1880. If this continues, whole cities will be swallowed up by the seas. Global temperature increase is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

GroverTheForest (United States) published:

A letter to those who are wrong

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Dear Mr. President,
Over the time which you have been president you have doing many things which I do not agree with. Your misogynistic attitude and rude comments anger me on a daily basis. You actions are often worse and prove that you do not know what you are doing or how to make a better America.
One of the most unbelievable and idiotic notions which you have said so far was probably, in my opinion, your denial of climate...

JME (Australia) published:

Slowly

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Slowly.
Slowly, every tree was chopped down, engraved marks remaining on the stump,
until nothing was left except bark. The shrouded, decomposing, auburn bark.
Slowly, every fish had died, their eyeballs transforming to crosses,
until all that remained was water. Trickling, freezing, icy water.
Slowly every mountain fell to its knees,
falling crashing, going down. Until all that lingered was dirt.
Mounds and mounds of heaping dirt.
Slowly every river evaporated. Decreasing, shrinking, deforming.
Until nothing was left except stones....

2

JamieCarter (United Kingdom) published:

Dear Mother Earth

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Dear Mother Earth, 
      I am so sorry, I wish I could make them stop hurting you. I wish I could protect you from them. Its not their fault, its just the way they are, obsessed with power and money. Its cruel what they do to you on a regular basis, all the fracking, burning and pollutents. I try my best to protect you, I attend protests and vollenter to help you, but Mother I am just a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

justmar (United States) published:

i'm sorry

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

mother
i'm sorry

mother
You have taken care of us since before we knew how to
walk
talk
ruin

mother
You have given us nothing but the best
land
water
air

mother
how have we repaid You?
we pollute
we trash
we ruin

mother
when will Your patience end?
will it be too late?
will we all be gone?
how much longer?

mother
i know You're trying to teach Your children
a lesson
a way
a plan

mother
We are...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Izziethepixie (Indonesia) published:

to mum and mother

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Mother I promise when I grow up I will help you. Yes, I'll take care of you. 

But Mother, I'm busy- with school, you know. 

Yes-but I do love you.  I can't help you now,

I have no money, no life, not yet. 

I know, yes, it's the everyday things. 

What do you expect? I'm just a kid.

I'm sorry I left the sink running,

the garbage littered on our driveway

made you buy gas driving to and from and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

BlueWriter (United States) published:

Our Town

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

​In my whole life, I have only fought for what is needed. Home, lives, safety, and all that.
​But never have I left a challenge without a fight. People have hurt me in ways that can never be healed. They have taken things from me that can never be brought back. They left me on the ground crying out for help, even through we both knew no one would ever come to help me.
​     But that's when I usually start to snap. I have never walked away from injustice. All...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

SkiPPer! (United States) published:

Climate Change

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

It is common when faced with a difficult situation, for those impacted to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the issue at all costs. However, we can not afford the time to continue debating climate change's existence rather than doing something to stop it. Climate change has nothing to do with theology and its only place is as a public safety issue.

Climate change is something that impacts everyone on a day to day basis and will continue...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Atalanta (Canada) published:

Change

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

What happened to global warming? Climate change this, climate change that, of course it is important, that's why I'm writing this, but really, what happened to global warming? Was it a trend? Was it a stage? Was it real? It is technically the same thing as climate change. Warmth, surrounding the earth like a heavy blanket, suffocating us with our own exhaled breath. Literally. But global warming was a trend. The name was at least. The subject is not. We...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jafrin (Bangladesh) published:

An Apology to Polar Bears

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

• Dear Polar Bears,
  • I'm writing this letter to you confessing how vindictive we human are and how we are pushing you to the edge of extinction in the name of industrialization and development. I hope you're doing well in your beloved ice covered arctic habitat which now seems to be melting rapidly.
  • I don't know if you are familiar with the term Climate change. I wonder if you have noticed any dramatic transformation in your ecosystem such as rapid melting of...
Seeking Peer Reviews

ChrisV4 (United States) published:

Not Effective Now but Effective in the Future

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

The truth is we will probably not experience the climate changes, at least in the United States. We as Americans cannot forget about the future generation though. If we decide to just forget about the environment and chug coal and be good with it, what will the future do? They will obviously follow the same path. Humans just naturally do things the easy way and if we make fossil fuels the easy way of producing energy, everyone else will keep...

2

Gabe Krawec (Canada) published:

Why Climate Change Doesn't Exist

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

June 10th,  2017
Science-y types are always going on about how hot the earth is getting and how the climate's changing and there's empirical evidence to prove it, but I'm pretty sure we don't belong the the empire anymore, so I'm gonna keep this journal to show everyone what a load of hooey this climate "change" is.

June 11th, 2017
Still no fires or extinct animals or plagues of frogs or whatever the hell. Plus my air conditioner kept me a...

KayChanXD (Philippines) published:

Global Warming, Terrific or Terrible?

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

More than 95% of the climate scientists have concluded that the Earth is facing Global Warming and as people living in the current time, we should take actions to lessen the impacts or prevent future mishaps that may be conjured because of the supposed negligence for nature.
    The Philippines have always been known for its 7,641 beautiful and intricate islands and we can’t fathom the idea that in the near future, some of its little islands may cease...

Seeking Peer Reviews

RedWriter (United States) published:

We Finish It

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

A sunset dips behind the mountains, casting a warm glow on the small house that was just closing the dog's houses up for the night and setting the TV to the nightly news, a soft breeze rippling the curtains. This- this is how it should be. There shouldn't be any worries of how many people might be in risk of getting harmful UAV rays from the weakening atmosphere, or creatures having to go hungry or die to make room for...

3

Sydnie Brint (Canada) published:

Mother Earth

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

Mother, I’m sorry for how we treated you. How we filled your eyes with clouds of pollution and fed you chemicals and gasoline.

We are greedy, and unthoughtful. We take your stones and the water you’ve given us and keep them to ourselves. A growing parasite on an aging back, inflicting wounds deeper than the trenches, and seeping poison into your veins.

Mother, I’m sorry for how we hurt you. Cutting down your trees, laying concrete over your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Quixotica (United States) published:

No Sacrifice People: Ableism, the Climate Crisis, and Dehumanization

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

In these times, we face an increasing crisis of dehumanization, both interpersonal and systemic, driven largely by the capitalist society we live in. As well as everyday impacts, dehumanization has direct implications for our response to the climate crisis; the less responsibility or solidarity we feel for the most dehumanized and vulnerable among us--who experience first and worst the impacts of climate change--the less we will feel the urgency of protecting the planet.
    A point where dehumanization is enacted very...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

yapyapxy (Singapore) published:

Stardust and Plastic

PROMPT: Your Voice: Climate Change

This is a Public Service Announcement: We’re now made of stardust and plastic.

Not so romantic, is it? Yet, think about it: plastic is man-made; it cannot decompose naturally (even if it does, it will take hundreds of years). In other words, plastic which is non-biodegradable will only break into smaller, less traceable pieces. As we consume the many sea creatures which have unwittingly consumed plastic, it only firmly establishes the amount of plastic in the food chain. This...

Seeking Peer Reviews