All writing published for Writing for Children Competition 2017. See Competition

Published writing

2
1

bride124 (United States) published:

I Hate Baseball (Inspired by "Summerland")

PROMPT: Writing for Children Competition 2017

"Oh, C'mon Dad. You know I hate baseball. I don't even know how to play."
 "But after this, you will." 
 "Dad, you have to erase your delusion of me being the next uh... Bambo thingie."
  My baseball maniac of a dad shakes his head in a cocky way.
 "The Bambino, kid. Do you even know who he is?"
  I shake my head.
 "Babe Ruth, kid. Learn about him sometime, would ya?"
  I sigh.
  "You said the same...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

PineappleGirl (United States) published:

The book that will make you laugh

Hi Stranger my name is Lucy.
    Here is all my personal information! I live in building 349 in apartment 4B on 92 and 3rd. My mom's credit card number is 4486783464990. Here is 60 dollars. Wanna be my friend? Here's a story.
    One day on my way to buy milk at Paba's bread shop I saw a monster pop out of the side walk! He was all like
"Hey, You wanna be my friend and come to dinner...

Seeking Peer Reviews

glass_raindrops (Tunisia) published:

I Went to be Friends with the Moon

I gazed one night at the moon's pale face
and the Moon gazed back at me, 
her attempt at explanation
was crystal clear to see. 

"I wish only to follow,"
she whispered in my ear, 
"Please do come back tomorrow," 
and then she disappeared. 

Next night I sat expectantly, 
cross-legged on my lawn, 
waiting for the moon to show
before the night was gone. 

She rose above trees' leafy hands 
her smile shone bright and strong
"I'm glad you came...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

glass_raindrops (Tunisia) published:

I Went to be Friends with the Moon

and the Moon gazed back at me, 
her attempt at explanation
was crystal clear to see. 

"I wish only to follow,"
she whispered in my ear, 
"Please do come back tomorrow," 
and then she disappeared. 

Next night I sat expectantly, 
cross-legged on my lawn, 
waiting for the moon to show
before the night was gone. 

She rose above trees' leafy hands 
her smile shone bright and strong
"I'm glad you came...

Seeking Peer Reviews

DragonQueen227 (Australia) published:

Just Imagine

“Just imagine. Just for a minute. Close your eyes and whisper, I am who I am but who am I.” she whispered. Everyone stared at her intently. “The secret for having true power is…” she was interrupted by our teacher, Ms Flutterby.
“I am sorry to interrupt, Mrs Tumblepuff, but you are needed at your office at once” Ms Flutterby said as she bowed, entering the room. Mrs Tumblepuff nodded her head.
“I am so sorry little ones but I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Natashia Grace (Sweden) published:

The Monsters

Dear child,
We all have those monsters under the bed. Monsters we fear might crawl up and face us head on one horrifying day. The monsters with green hair growing out from their slimy orange skin. But what you must understand is that the monsters are all different and we all have them. Your mother and father possess them and your sweet uncle Bert that always smells of burnt toffee too. Your mother's monster has fallen asleep and allowed peace to take...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Natashia Grace (Sweden) published:

The Monsters

Dear child,
We all have those monsters under the bed. Monsters we fear might crawl up and face us head one horrifying day. The monsters with green hair growing out from their slimy orange skin. But what you must understand is that the monsters are all different and we all have them. Your mother and father possess them and your sweet uncle Bert that always smells of burnt toffee too. Your mothers monster has fallen asleep and allowed peace to take over,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Junior-poet (Denmark) published:

A wall worthy of a king

Once, many moons ago, there was a king. A horrendously horrid  and heinous king. He ruled his kingdom with a ruthless and cunning hand and the kingdom, which was a magnificent one, surrounded by jewels and riches of unimaginable quantities, suffered by him. The king was a brute and the riches were not his to keep and to hold. The riches were thievings of the townspeople and of other kingdoms surrounding his own.
But among the townspeople there went a...

savarsdottir (Iceland) published:

Magnificent World

Liz gazed out the window and felt the gust of the wind on her face. She took a deep breath and tried to savour the cold night air into her lungs. She stared at the stars out of her bedroom window and dreamt about travelling among them. She sighed and stalked to her bed, she laid down and covered herself in her blankets. She left the window open. She wasn't supposed to, but the night sky was too beautiful to...

4
1

Junior-poet (Denmark) published:

A wall worthy of a king

Seeking Peer Reviews

17
2

Vin (United States) published:

Winkle and the Window

A long time ago, there lived a small boy called Winkle. His mother had named him after the stars, which had winked and twinkled in the sky at his birth, laughing at nothing, as stars do. Winkle lived with his mother and father in a cottage by the sea, and every day his parents would go out in a little fishing boat to catch their supper. But one day, when the sun began to sink in the sky, Winkle’s...
Seeking Peer Reviews

4
2

SallySanban (Philippines) published:

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Mommy, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up." Jack mentioned, looking up to his mother. His eyes were full of confusion; they were hazy and unfocused, and his eyebrows were knitted together because he wanted her to know how serious he was about this topic.

"Why do you have to think about this now, Jack?" His mother told him, bending down on her knees so that she could level with him. She brought her hand...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
3

TerenNeret (Malaysia) published:

Isabelle

Isabelle lives on Yellow Stone Lane, house number 24. She has two dogs that she loves very much and a sister 2 years younger than her and a sister 2 years older than her. She likes playing with trucks in her backyard and baking cakes, although not at the same time, and enjoys eating ice cream on the sidewalk in the summer. She is a perfectly normal girl who lives a perfectly normal life.
The only thing was... well... she...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

JLopez (Mexico) published:

Goggles for the Rain

One day in New York City, little Cosi walked up the street swinging from her mother's arm. The pouring rain just made her more energetic. She loved the rain; she loved splashing in puddles, and especially, she loved the blue umbrella her mother was holding. She was only 3 but she was full of bright ideas. One of them was wearing goggles in the rain so the rain would not blind her. That way she could splash in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Peppermint Lemonade (United States) published:

Lazy Girl and the Bread

It was a hot July day in the village and Lazy Girl sat in the shade of a tree complaining about the weather.
Now you might be wondering how she got her name well, the explanation is quite simple really, instead of going to school to learn like all the other children, she would spend her days dawdling and complaining about the weather (such as that particular day),and because of this the villagers called her Lazy Girl.
Her mother tried as best as she could to make her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Katie8 (United States) published:

My Friend Moon

As I watched the stars wink to sleep that night, the moon held me captive with its silvery-white light. I remembered all of the nights we spent together when I was a child. 

In the springtime, we would romp around in the field, watching the fireflies as they danced and reeled. Moon's beams shone like wild.

In the summertime, we spent our days by the shore, Moon's fingers caressing the waves, as we listened to the ocean roar. When it...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Croken (United States) published:

Aaliyah Dreams of Faries

Far away, in the great land called Saffron, a beautiful little girl named Aaliyah sleeps restlessly in her bed. 

The moon shines brightly in the dark night sky and it's gentle light passes through Aaliyah's window, right onto the sleeping girl's face.

The pale light causes Aaliyah to stir and rub her eyes. Slowly, the moon pulls her from her dream land.

This is not good, for little girls aren't supposed to be awake in the middle of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

alexandra1furlong@gmail.com (United States) published:

The Forgotten Sea Shell

I laid quietly in the soft sand feeling the cool water. The other shells were whispering to each other about how they had almost gotten picked up, and they argued about who was better for hours. I sighed. I had given up on being chosen. I was old, I had been on the beach for 5 years without getting washed away or picked up. I was a small shell, with some blue lines, but mostly just dark grey and brown.  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

RedWriter (United States) published:

The Tales of Johnny Penswin: A Dragon and an Unloyal Donkey

Johnny stared up at the tall tower, the cobblestones looking so perfectly placed that he couldn't help bite his lip at the thought of having to climb up something that was so well made that there would barely be any foot or handholds. His leather jerkin wasn't really helping the smell of cow manure that clung to his tunic and pants, but maybe the princess wouldn't mind once he told her about the dragon he had had to face to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

RedWriter (United States) published:

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Vanilla (India) published:

The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars

Illustration : https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/ab/06/7aab063510e6f301ce3963d1c9a2e07e.jpg

(Picture: A girl sitting on a bed next to the window, through which a full moon is visible.)

The sky was starry. Emma lay in her nightdress, in her bed by the window. She loved sleeping here. Today was special, because the moon was full. 

And today was even more special because Miss Ellen had loved her drawing. It was a blue ferris wheel, looking over a colourful carnival. She had even stuck the biggest smiley sticker...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

caswin1 (United States) published:

The Stars

I lay down my head on a soft bed of straw,
Then gazed up at the stars and my mouth gaped in awe.
My mama leaned over and gave me a kiss,
Then looked to see why I was staring like this.

I watched as her smile slowly subsided,
How, in the stars, could she not be delighted?
“Mama, is there something sad on your mind?
Do you have illness, or hurt or bad news of some kind?”
  ...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Mac1234 (United States) published:

The Greedy Leopard

Once upon a time, there was a regal leopard who loved to bathe in the sun. He spent his time licking his coat and sleeping under a tree that he called “his” tree. It had abnormally huge leaves, whose prettiness were corrupted by the fact that the leopard would drive every animal away from the tree’s leafy shade that was so sought after in the times of extreme summer heat. The tree was in the center of a deep, deep...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Azaira65 (United States) published:

When It Comes To Family

As Lola’s mother is tucking her in bed tonight her mom asks her how she feels about getting another sibling and while it does not seem that bad she is not too happy about it either. That is why she replies with the simple truth, “I do not know mommy.”

“It is okay to not know,” her mother replies. Which goes in one of Lola’s ear and out the other.

“Why do you ask mommy,” wonders Lola really...

3
1

EnjeckCleo (Cameroon) published:

A job?

Jeremy was standing next to the kitchen sink, watching his mother silently as she whisked the cake batter. He played with his fingers and tried to figure out a safe way to say his plans.

He sighed deeply and finally said, “Mum?”

Mum looked down at his face and smiled. “Yeah?” She dipped a finger into the batter and had a taste. She hummed at the sweetness.

“I want to get a job,”

Mum’s mood changed. “No way,”

Jeremy frowned....
Seeking Peer Reviews