All writing published for Mystery Writing Competition 2017. See Competition

Published writing

PineappleGirl (United States) published:

Part Two, The Explanation: Diary of Lila Caljet, Conceals Only the Answers

PROMPT: Mystery Writing Competition 2017

------------------------Part Two------------------------
    I heard screams as I lied on the cold wet floor, my vision was blurry. I saw blood, my blood. I then closed my eyes and took my last breath, I felt no more. That day I died, so this is here to help solve the mystery of this horribly altered school. My story will hopefully help those who seek answers. Now I suppose you will use this to help you, so I must say the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MADISON KAPISAK (United States) published:

Missing daughter

"2 voicemails, at 9 pm and 9:30 pm," the women's monotone voice said. "Press 1 to listen to the voicemail," the women said. "Mom, don't worry nothing bad will happen it’s just a get together with me and the girls, oh mom I have to go see you soon, love you, I will be home in an hour," the recorded voice of young girl said " The voicemail has ended, Press 2 to replay voicemail, Press 3 to delete voicemail,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Seeking Peer Reviews

I heared screams as I lied on the cold wet floor, my vision was blurry. I saw blood, my blood. I then closed my eyes and took my last breath, I felt no more. That day I died, so this is here to help solve the mystery of this horribly altered school. My story will hopefully  

Seeking Peer Reviews

NATALIE PREINER (United States) published:

White Light

I remember I remember everything. The stale air that smelled of blood. My family’s lifeless bodies on the ground. My father, he owed someone money… a lot of it. When he didn’t pay, he sent his thugs to collect what they were owed. I remember my dad running to lock all the doors. He and my mother grabbed my little sister and I and ran to the car. My dad hit the gas when he saw that we were being...

5

AddyG (United States) published:

My Name Is...

Everyday, I go to school with a lot of other people. I am in fifth grade and I live with my mom. My father was killed when I was 3 years old. He had a real name of Kin. My town, Fretenburg, has a very strange mayor. Mayor 1563 is his 'name'. Nobody in town has a real name like Javelin or Max. If anyone is found that has a name, they are executed by "The Name Knife". This is...

2

AddyG (United States) published:

My Name Is...

Everyday, I go to school with a lot of other people. I am in fifth grade and I live with my mom and sister. My father was killed when I was 3 years old. He had a real name of Kin. My town, Fretenburg, has a very strange mayor. Mayor 1563 is his 'name'. Nobody in town has a real name like Javelin or Max. If anyone is found that has a name, they are executed by "The Name Knife"....

4

White Light

4

lili (United States) published:

Boy Across the Street

A girl sits at a desk in a bedroom. She is about fourteen, maybe fifteen; on her desk sprawl polaroid pictures of friends, various pens and pencils, scissors, a reading light, and a writing journal. The girl is writing in the journal with her favorite pen, the pink one with the feather. Every now and then she glances up at the small analog clock which sits on the window sill before the desk- it reads 3:28 am. She admires what...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Livy Maillet (United States) published:

Absent

DANIEL
I saw her. Saw her rich, wavy black hair blowing in the wind. As black as the asphalt on the ground. As dark as her future. I couldn’t pinpoint her name, but she seemed as mysterious and as forgettable as the hot summer wind. Suddenly, I heard an ear-deafening sound of a gunshot. She disappeared over the edge as quickly as the shot echoed off the trees. I ran to the side of the cliff, regretting it...

1

Livy Maillet (United States) published:

Absent

DANIEL

1

RedWriter (United States) published:

Intruder

I pulled my red beanie lower around my ears and looked at the end of the hallway. I shined the flashlight forward, my tongue too lead-like to move. I didn't want to either. I quickly shut off the flashlight and crept forward silently, not wanting anyone to see me if they were there. My legs grew achy like they were ready to sprint all the way down the black and into the nearest taxi cab. My breath was coming in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

RedWriter (United States) published:

Intruder

I pulled my red beanie lower around my ears and looked at the end of the hallway. I shined the flashlight forward, my tongue to lead-like to move. I didn't want to either. I quickly shut off the flashlight and crept forward silently, not wanting anyone to see me if they were there. My legs grew ache like they were ready to sprint all the way down the black and into the nearest taxi cab. My breath was coming in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

AbigailSauble (United States) published:

Raging Storms

It was a lonely, wintry sunrise. Pink and gold painted the sky in an endless array of beauty. Glistening snow hugged the mountain-range on the dark horizon. Brown deer flicked their tails as they leaped between white-clad firs, shaking soft snow-flakes from their warm coats. A single red fox slunk to the frozen creek's edge, licking at the ice with frustration. A white rabbit, barely visible in the dim light, against the pure snow, sprang through the deep drifts, its...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raging Storms

Seeking Peer Reviews