All writing published for Turned to Stone

Published writing

E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd
6

Riley Noel (United States) published:

My Star

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

Sunlight danced along my pillow as it filtered through my pale curtains. I pulled the covers over my head as a voice groaned softly by my ear. 
" Good-morning doll," he said. He wrapped his arm tighter around me pulling me closer to his warm body. I giggled softly curling into his embrace. 
 " You know I was thinking," he said softly. " Why don't we just run away somewhere for the day". 
"Where would we go?" I asked. 
"Anywhere," he...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2019 03 12 at 5.28.21 pm
5
1

Opal Drop (United States) published:

Clockwork Precise

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

It happened a few months after she perished. People started dying, and a clock struck 3 times every time it happened. In the last few days it has been striking non-stop. The last 3 strikes I heard followed my mother's scream from downstairs. I heard a whoosh, and I screamed too before a dagger plunged into my stomach. 
    "DING"
    "DING"
    "DING"

Seeking Peer Reviews

E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd
2
1

Riley Noel (United States) published:

My Star

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

"Where would we go?" I asked. 
"Anywhere," he...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7e02d6c1 f1e4 49e6 b51f 414b2bf44b6d
2

Heyyitzme (New Zealand) published:

I made it

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

The blood and my tears match in pace. Equal in speed, equal in pain, and both caused by someone else. The trees laugh at me, for my foolish escape, but I don’t know why because at least I got out.. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd
2

Riley Noel (United States) published:

My Star

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

"Where would we go?" I asked. 
"Anywhere," he...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1

Cassidy Jackson 2 (United States) published:

Mr. Johnson

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

'What is her name?' I nervously asked as I continued to run the isopropyl alcohol on the skin, being sure to fully cleanse the area. I discarded the disinfectant pads, and stepped away from the table. 'Don't know, Police couldn't identify her.'
Immediately, Mr. Johnson began to mark along the skin with a black permanent marker. The dotted line followed along the woman's abdominal area, starting below her naval and ending between her breasts. He then reached for the scapal...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2018 04 29 at 2.46.45 pm
2

halcyon (United States) published:

ocean legends

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

The sea churned in its bed, rising and swelling against the shore, waves breaking with ferocity against the rocks that jutted out to sea. Cliffs leaned out to sea as if they were once huge creatures, frozen while marching towards the deeper waters. The rocks they were made up of were sharp and jagged, black and covered in slick algae. Each pulsating wave came speeding up to their huge, weather worn flanks. Spray flung itself up along their side, and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

153c758ffff5a705502762334193
2

Old Sport (United States) published:

Escape

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

fandom content: detroit: become human
spoilers?: noncanon, oc
tw: (human) death, ab*se implied, manipulative motherfucker mal, Violence(tm)

~~~~

To be fair, he tried to kill me first.
    I actually think I have good reason to believe he's always wanted me dead. Which is pretty weird, considering how the prick kept me around anyhow. All I ever wanted to do was help--though, I guess that's just because it was in my programming. I was created...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Luke L (United States) published:

The End

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

You can only see the blackest black, hear the most silent silence, feel the most numb numbness, taste the most tasteless taste, and smell the most odorless odor. But then, you see a bright, horizontal ray of light and it begins to widen as time slowly, tediously passes. You then see a door with a clipboard sandwiched between two white walls. You then look to the left to see a heart monitor displaying a dancing, energetic line and emitting a...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 20181101 081301 753
3

Puppet_Master (Australia) published:

The Man

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

His breath chills my neck. Turning me to ice. His breath sounds raspy. I close my eyes. 
"I'll be back," he whispers sending chills down my spine. His long legs walk away. His steps echoing. I can't move. I'm frozen to the bone. Ice is all I know.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Sheila Heaney (United States) published:

The M-wing

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

I walked down the halls in a fast strut, the kind of way that I imagine prominent business people would walk in Manhattan. I was so focused on my destination, English class, that I could barely hear the murmur of students in the halls. Perhaps if I was listening, I would have stopped walking. Perhaps if I was listening, I wouldn't have gone on to see what I had seen. Perhaps if I was listening, I would have been more...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Bbc631974b5c528d1f090d683089d41b
1

Fleeting Spirit (Busy with School and stuff) (United States) published:

Something in My Wall

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

No one will believe me as I tell them what I hear. They thinks it's my "imagination" whatever that is. I swear I hear voices and noises in my room. I swear I hear these voices coming from the inside of my wall.

Quiet, hushed whispers like feathers floating to the floor. I twist and turn and try to go asleep but the noises and whispers filling my ears keep me awake. I'm tossing around with my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Snapchat 667216864

loveelise44 (United States) published:

"You are dead"

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

"Hello," my voice echoed through the house. I felt a shiver traveling through my body. I tried to move my leg. There was a slight wind breeze. the shiver came back. I walk towards the light. The light became darker I ran as hard as I can to try to get there before the light was gone. "thump" I fell on the ground. I didn't know what I feel over. when I felt the ground I felt an arm. I shrieked, my body...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Trinity Chapa (United States) published:

Old Oak

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

The tree stood in the middle of nowhere. Lonely and old.  I walked up to it because it was the only source of shade in this dry and deserted land.  Why was it here? Where are the other trees? There must be a reason this tree is here and I was going to figure it out. I sat under the tree for a little to take a break when I noticed something move. No, not something...someone.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Ty and kit words wordart

ChronicFangirl (Australia) published:

Residence

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

My dog died. My parents died. My grandparents died. My sister died. My brother died. I suppose I died as well. It wasn't my fault this time though. This time it was her. And she got away with it. The police won't find her trace, for she does not hide in the world. She resides in my dog. And now he is alive. And so am I. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Bbc631974b5c528d1f090d683089d41b
2

Something in My Wall

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

No one will believe me as I tell them what I hear. They thinks it's my "imaginwaton" whatever that is. I swear I hear voices and noises in my room. I swear I hear these voices coming from the inside of my wall.

Quiet, hushed whispers like feathers floating to the floor. I twist and turn and try to go asweep but the rapping of knuckles and whispers in my ears keep me awake. I'm tossing around...

Bbc631974b5c528d1f090d683089d41b

Something in My Wall

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

Seeking Peer Reviews

Frodo synthesis 33956638
2

CaptainFood159 (United States) published:

The Boy

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

I saw him. The Boy. He was just standing outside my window, looking, staring at me. I didn't know what to do. I was petrified. Then all of a sudden I felt a urge to go out to see him, to look into his eyes one more time.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 7014
3

Chi Chi Zhao (Australia) published:

Stone Angels

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

Iris fumbled around in her backpack, hands trying to find the flashlight she was sure she stuffed in before she left home. The graveyard was darkening by the minute and she had to get back before the sun completely slipped below the horizon. This was her last lead, she'd been working on this case for two weeks now and if she didn't find a clue tonight she was sure the case would go cold. Iris couldn't believe it, a family...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Snoopy writing on typewriter e1396399166920
1
1

Poppy.M (Australia) published:

Turned to stone prompt

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

There is nothing more obscure than walking past your own grave. It was dawn, and I had arisen early, desperate to feel that cool morning freshness. Dewdrops glistened on every blade of grass, and the soft breeze tickled my face as I strolled down the street. Around the block from my house is a cemetery, and I decided to walk through it. Though the prospect of walking past the headstones seemed somewhat dismal, the natural beauty surrounding the graves was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 2236
1

Isabella Swenson (United States) published:

When The Rain Finally Fell

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

The sky was grey, but no rain fell from it. Everyone had been watching the sky for weeks, they brought their umbrellas with them wherever they went. It'll rain any moment. But it never did. It had been months, and everyone was still waiting. The air was unbearably hot. It pressed against her, wrapped her in a suffocating blanket. Everything seems to be filled with an electrical charge; Buzzing, humming, waiting. For what, she didn't know. Nothing ever happens around...

Seeking Peer Reviews

F241b220 f12d 4b00 89a3 3a04a42028cf
1

sad_saucepan (Australia) published:

The Woman

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

As I’m lying in bed, reading, I hear the creaky floorboards that lie under my door. My door is slightly open. Someone enters my room. I can’t see her face, but her gown is beautiful. She has long flowing chestnut brown hair. She looks at me, she’s clearly not human. Her face is transparent, she points to my mirror. I sit up. I hear my mum call out my name. The woman disappears. My mother walks into my room a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2019 05 21 at 5.00.08 pm
2

BeTheChange18 (Japan) published:

ContemporaneoUS

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

“Madam, you’ve had a miscarriage…I’m very, very, sorry.”
That news hit me hard. Really, really, hard. We tried. We failed. It’s too much to handle. I can’t do it. I just, can’t do it.

That night, I couldn’t sleep. After checking the bin, I think I binged a whole tub of vanilla ice cream, two Mars Bars and I feel like I’ve swallowed down about one litre of salty tears. Why? I wonder. Why me?

Two days later,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2019 04 04 10 28 04 1554353905593 1554354027225

MimiChoudhury (India) published:

Gray

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

Once , in a gray world, there lived a girl. She sat on a swing,looking intently at the clouds. The gray clouds. The main cause of the gray patch which had stained her life to such extent that...that it could not washed off....
An outline of a living being was coming towards her. Slowly...Cautiously....as if it knew what was going to happen ....it came closer. More closer....yes..yes..she could see him now ! That stitch on the upper lip.Yes,that was him...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

MimiChoudhury (India) published:

Gray

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

Seeking Peer Reviews