All writing published for Invented Cartography

Published writing

E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd
1
1

Riley Noel (United States) published:

Lethe

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

Lethe is a tough country, they say only the strong survive. The harsh northern winds howl over green rolling hills, and the  sheer grey cliffs of her western shore. A shore that does battle each day with the oceans great waves. The people who live here don't know what a ship looks like, for none dare dock in her unguarded shores.To the north is a maze of snow capped mountains, where little grows. The people who live here are rumored...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Cute tumblr profile pictures drawings 1
3
1

citynerd (India) published:

Magical

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

The scent of moss is what hits him first and then he sees it. The village is surrounded by a thick foliage of shrubs that act as a guardian, keeping it hidden from sight. The birds chirp happily above, glad to be a witness to this magical place. The most prominent part is the bell tower that rises steeply above the village, with its cracked walls and rustic charm. People mill about the market place that surrounds the tower from...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 20170221 wa0006
3
2

daisy 00087 (Ireland) published:

We've Lost Treasure Island

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

Slightly damp
But it's corners still sharp
Running ink
Has long since dried
Once smooth parchment
Once a delight to touch
Now dips and dives
Creating craters 
Spoiling its perfect moon
A quill mapped this
It's feather beaten
Still standing proud
Rather like the illustrator
His name unknown
lost beneath the sea
His ship suffered the same faith
But before all was lost 
There was a map
Beneath its crude sketches 
it showed adventurous escapades
Of rolling,turmoiling seas 
and creatures...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 20180512 134824050 01
2
1

she's-got-a-story (United States) published:

To Take a Walk Backwards

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

This is the world of the steps we retrace;
The world of his conversation

There are my high peaks of laughter and valleys of unease;
Hundreds of windows lit with the anticipation of nightfall

The sea whirls by; roaring against the rocks until they pull back;
The sea turns to glass

The mountains rise but recede;
For the sea erodes them into valleys

With every step he takes forward
I move back

Each step is a patch of dry earth...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Q
1

BAB0402@dcds.edu (United States) published:

monosyllabic

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

Cartography, or mapmaking, has been an integral part of the human history for thousands of years. From cave paintings to ancient maps of BabylonGreece, and Asia, through the Age of Exploration, and on into the 21st century, people have created and used maps as essential tools to help them define, explain, and navigate their way through the world. Maps began as two-dimensional drawings but can also adopt three-dimensional shapes (globes, models) and be stored...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Pandaa
3

Dprime3 (United States) published:

Water

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

The shades of water shift from light to dark. The vivacious colors from the sun truly bring out the personality of the picture. The structure in the center of the picture resembles hope. The hope of happiness.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2018 12 23 at 12.43.11 pm
1

Aaliyah (United States) published:

The Hayanak Civilization

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

Well, do you believe in heaven? Over the years, though people have continued to question the decision whether such a place really exists above our earth, but I don't have a firm answer. So let me introduce you to the Hayanak Civilization- a fictional place in the blue skies above us.

The white clouds surround the breathtaking scene. Looking up will reveal a hazy, yet sparkling scenery. In front of you, you see a massive bronze gate, carved with figures...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images 8 copy
1

GroverTheForest (United States) published:

The Integrity's Seas

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

The map of the ocean lay centered on a small, low, wooden table, in the middle of the T's quarters on the Integrity. It was made of a crumpled, weathered paper, the color of leather. The map of the sea was illustrated in a few dull colors that had once been accurate, but were nearly washed away by the continuous use.
    Upon looking at it most would think it was a treasure map. Especially since it...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 20161024 225641
1

Vanilla (India) published:

Memorising

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

Third city in three years. How is it that this still turns out to be different?

Aren't cities supposed to be same, stretching buildings defending the sun with their glass shields, lonely green gardens desperate for a tag of 'open space', and painfully vivid malls with underground parking that looks like the perfect setting for murder.

But then there are those magically peaceful houses with lonely driveways and mystical by-lanes and Royal Poinciana trees throwing confetti as you walk on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dsc 0428 edited
1
1

kenzibelle (United States) published:

The castle, the mountains, and the fields.

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

The vast land was full of fog. The castle was very faint sitting on the hill in the background. Horses roam the back fields. Trees sway in the wind on the mountains. The sun rises through the mountains as it reflects off the thick fog. You can hear the howling wind in the background. And the horses galloping in their fields. 

Universe
2

_Rae (United Kingdom) published:

Rich American Coffee

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

On the back of a pink napkin, stained with droplets of rich American coffee and bordered with tobacco stains is a drawing, more of a sketch, outlined in sharp pencil. The lines are faint and at some points are torn, as if the fervent artist in his haste to get his thoughts down has pressed too hard on this frail canvas. The masterpiece in question, marred with lines and annotations could be a picturesque jewel in the eyes of an avaricious businessman. A...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dark nirvana

kanigi7 (United States) published:

Nemesis

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

Being here wasn't part of the plan. 

Being isolated on a planet filled with idiots wasn't the plan. 

Being the only genius in this castle wasn't the plan. 

But that's exactly what happened. 

My name is Lucius. Lucius Axel. But those who know me call me Prince Luke. I rule over a small section of land with a ghastly title: Kingdom of Rhen. A long time ago, we were a religious group who claimed vengeance as their only goal in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Kaitroxxx (United Kingdom) published:

The Island of Gerno

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

The small island of Gerno isn't large enough to appear on any ordinary map. It has sloping sands on either side of coast. Large palm trees run down the centre of the island; they provide a partition for the two island inhabitants .

On the east side of the island a bright, colourful oasis awaits. The area full of rare and exotic species of animals ( some only found on the island of Gerno).
The sound of these animals  can...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2018 10 24 16 27 46
1
2

--RosieOnTheRun (from reality)-- (United Kingdom) published:

The valley of Astistan

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

The valley of Astistan has often been called mother natures palace. A stream sings between two towering hills as if a giant finger had absently traced a path through the earth. The river swells and continues down the dell, bordered by the emerald cliffs, for a mile or two. then, with no warning, the green hills melt and flatten out as the river flows into a silver lake. The et luna in mare or ocean of the moon, named so for the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1530828582 510915452
1

Peppermint Lemonade (United States) published:

Argentum Eques in Terra

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

A beautiful body of water sits in the middle of the kingdom. It's called Splendens Lacum (Shining Lake). It is called this because in early mornings and late afternoons it glows with dreamlike quality, reflecting the sun's golden light. During the day the lake is covered with a sheath of mist. Bordering the lake on the west side is the Castle of Rye and on the east is the Fortress of Seed. And all around the lake tiny little villages and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 1578
4
1

Maggie Mills (United States) published:

Cartography

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

While not vast enough to be an ocean, the depths of Trenetas’s Sea sink far below its waves. In shape, the sea resembles a hand with long fingers: tributaries and marsh to the west and a smooth palm of rocky shores to the east and north. Along the northern coast of the sea are the pine forests.  Even from the ocean, sailors ships can catch the deep scent of resin that permeates the air. The eastern coast of Trenetas’s Sea...

Seeking Peer Reviews