All writing published for Newsworthy

Published writing

456789 (United States) published:

Happenings

PROMPT: Newsworthy

List of Happenings Here at home:

1. NASA, the national Aeronautics and Space Administration of the United States Government, put the first man on the moon and has sent numerous projects into space as well. In an effort to explore the vast expanse of space in order to understand more about our galaxy and the other planets we cohabit with, NASA has proposed various new projects. One significant and recent project idea is NASA’s announced ideas toward making the planet...

Seeking Peer Reviews

David Elyas (United States) published:

Home

PROMPT: Newsworthy

1. School
2. Snow
3. Spring
4. Comfort
5. Grass
6. Green
7. Power-outage
8. Family
9. Yellow jackets 
10. March Madness

VijvalPatel (United States) published:

Here at Home

PROMPT: Newsworthy

1. Trump
2. School
3. Spring
4. Golf
4. March Madness 
5. College
6. Ali Ghazi
7. Papers
8. Phones
9. Supreme
10. Yeezy's

Seeking Peer Reviews

Stewart Worthington (Australia) published:

Triumph and Tragedy For Me

PROMPT: Newsworthy

I am quite distant from the current newsworthy anecdotes of the world - whether it be triumph in the sport arena, tragedy for suburban families or the weekly weather. But I can however tell you that I now understand the properties of circles - a great leap for me in the area of Mathematics. I can tell you that a dear friend of mine was deservingly rewarded 'Star Reader of the Week' at my school library. And I can tell...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Kyra Young (United States) published:

White America

PROMPT: Newsworthy

So White America won. An idiot has been allowed to become THEIR president, he's NOT for the people, he's for White America. The country that was supposed to be "the land of the free" was never free; unless you were white or even resembled it then it was automatically better for you. White America became White America by killing, raping, and stealing; but they fail to mention years of other people working to make this country better. People think it's...

itshaileymoore (United States) published:

Pieced back together

PROMPT: Newsworthy

Pieced Back Together

Goodbyes are never easy. No one ever said they would. We hold on to all the moments we have with our loved ones, but when they leave us, it's indescribably devastating. But the most painful goodbyes… are the ones never said and never explained. She gave up what she had, and left her family… she left me. My sister did not die, no, but that was the day I died inside.
I was warned. My...
Seeking Peer Reviews

BAB0402@dcds.edu (United States) published:

Nature

PROMPT: Newsworthy

Whether one is watching a thrilling thunderstorm or looking up at a mighty tree, the experience of nature is one of awe. One cannot help but marvel at the intricate design of a single leaf, or the roar of a great waterfall. Time spent in nature is time spent realizing that you don't know it all and that you never will. The earth is meant to be enjoyed by its inhabitants. That includes keeping it in the pristine condition in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Dprime3 (United States) published:

School

PROMPT: Newsworthy

We attend class
We eat at lunch
We complete after school activities 
We do a lot of homework
The library is a place where many students study
Advisories are a place to relax

Seeking Peer Reviews

BED0301 (United States) published:

Life Changing Trip

PROMPT: Newsworthy

Some of the best memories one has can be at home. The reason for this is because nobody gets to chose their family, and no matter the family you are born into one good memory can make forever change a person and make them feel happiness for a long time. For example, a person can be born into a family that is extremely poor and struggles to get through everyday life. However, if that family goes on a trip to...

Moe Naserdean (United States) published:

Muslim Ban In US

PROMPT: Newsworthy

President Trump’s executive order to temporarily suspend immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries has prompted outrage and praise across the country — but some say no community will feel the impact more than here in Metro Detroit.
Since the community is home to one of the largest concentration of Muslims in the nation, thousands of residents will feel the consequences, said Dawud Walid, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Michigan.
“Tens of thousands of residents here have family members...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Ryan Duke (United States) published:

New America

PROMPT: Newsworthy

America has reached a new point in history. Once again we have moved away from the politicians. We have moved away from the liars of the world making promises and never living up to their words. A new man is in the house. A non politician, a businessman, someone who is destined to get our great nation out of our current debt and bring us back to the top of the world. Someone who is determined to "make america great...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Matthew Ward (United States) published:

The Wall

PROMPT: Newsworthy

Sure they might make a wall.
Sure a lot of people want one.
But do they really ?
Most people just want one because they are scared.
But do we really need one ?   

1
1

HeyThereRose (United Kingdom) published:

'united' kingdom

PROMPT: Newsworthy

The united kingdom

United
Combined into a single entity.
Concerned with, produced by, or resulting from mutual action.
Being in harmony; agreed.

recently this has not been true of great britian. The Brexit vote has ripped our community apart. Separating us. We are not a single entity, any action we take is certainly not mutual, we do not live in harmony, we are not agreed.What has become of the dream of 1800 ? 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Vanilla (India) published:

Bans, Borders and Bulls.

PROMPT: Newsworthy

If I had a diary, it would be something like this:

November 8th, 2016.
Mother is cooking. Father is watching the headlines on television. He says that it is important to know what is happening in the world. I am doing my homework in front of the television, looking at the newsreader, wearing copious amounts of makeup, with some annoyance.

The next thing I see when I look up, is our Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, standing against a blue background....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Emali (United States) published:

US

PROMPT: Newsworthy

Its now February 4th, 2017...A new president has been in office for 2 weeks and a day now. 

President Trumps first week in office included all this:

• Going to Philadelphia--Trump said these things: "the murder rate has been steady," he said. "I mean, just terribly increasing." While the murder rate is up in some big cities, Philadelphia is not one of them
  • Signed a executive order for the Keystone XL pipeline:"A lot of jobs--28,000 jobs," he said. "Great construction jobs."
  • ...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3
2

LuciferRising (United Kingdom) published:

England (The Ones With The Weird Accent)

PROMPT: Newsworthy

Here in England, it's pretty much all football (soccer, for all you Americans). 

Sometimes there is some controversy and such, so here we go.

In Workington, police blew up a car that was parked by other police officers. Apparently, it was suspicious.

Some football fan pushed someone onto the tracks of the tube. He was jailed.

And finally, some woman got jailed for using abusive words to Jeremy Vine from BBC.

Thats pretty much all the news here, except for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Peppermint Lemonade (United States) published:

What's Happenin'?

PROMPT: Newsworthy

February 1st, 2017- United States

Weekly Headline:

Our new president, Donald Trump, has recently passed some new laws

Bad News:

1. Building collapses in Pennsylvania, killing 6
  2. 1 casualty at New Mexico Air Force Base
  3. Guards taken hostage by inmates at Delaware Prison 

Good/Nice News:
  1. Veteran supports service dogs
  2. Super Bowl starts this week
  3. 94 year old graduates college with GPA of 4.0
  4. Stranger helps pregnant lady in airplane 
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Abby Walker (United States) published:

Beginnings

PROMPT: Newsworthy

The first word that comes to mind after the events of this week is “beginning.” Friday, January 20 marked the inauguration of the United States’ forty-fifth president, and with it, the start of several opposing movements.

Inspired to take a stand against a man who once bragged about grabbing women without their consent and who vowed to defund Planned Parenthood, millions of people marched on cities across the country to voice their dissent the day after his inauguration. Clad...

Seeking Peer Reviews

8

Jessie Wu (New Zealand) published:

That Island Under the Land Down Under (formerly known as New Zealand)

PROMPT: Newsworthy

It's only been 2017 for a few weeks, but it seems the world is already falling apart. 

And by world, I mean essentially everywhere that isn't New Zealand. Because let's face it, we're geographically isolated and we're so tiny we've given up on trying to find maps in which we aren't two tiny blobs south of Australia. Remember that infamous Oscar selfie? The one where Liza Minnelli tried to get into frame, but didn't? That's us. That's New Zealand....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

elaine.louise (Canada) published:

What's Happening in Canada

PROMPT: Newsworthy

1. Welcoming Syrian Refugees: Last year, Canada took in over 25,000 refugees. They have lived in Canada for almost a year, and are adjusting to the very different and very cold weather. Communities have come together to welcome these refugees, and many churches across the country are currently sponsoring families as they settle in. 

2. Former Dragon's Den star Kevin O'Leary has announced his decision to run for leadership of the Conservative Party. This has caused a lot of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Nsing (Singapore) published:

News You Can't Refuse

PROMPT: Newsworthy

Breaking news, today on the News we bring you a very small yet a quite sophisticated country, Singapore! Now, considering that the country is very very safe, what sort of things could happen there? You know Singapore is safe, you think there is no doubt about that. But will you be so sure after reading the first article? The wanted answer lies in this first article. 

Singapore Seventh 
Singapore is an undoubtedly safe country. It made 7th on the ranks...

Seeking Peer Reviews