All writing published for For the Future

Published writing

Default avatar user icon
1

Paulina Go (Guatemala) published:

Trying

PROMPT: For the Future

Vita was running as fast as she could, the water bottle almost dropping in every step. She couldn’t get caught. Remy was to young to live alone, he needed her and what she had stolen. She ran so fast her legs begged to stop until, she lost the men in the local market. Hidden under a table with a long tablecloth covering her, she finally breathed. They didn’t understand how much she needed it ,this single white pill will save...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dinosaur boi
3

Big Bella Rex (Australia) published:

To Whomever This Falls Too

PROMPT: For the Future

To whomever this letter may fall to,

the past is often confusing and hard to understand. I am a person, born in the early 2000s and as far as I know still alive in 2018. In this letter I shall include many of my fascinations, worries and hopes. The worries are mostly for the whole world, and I hope in the near future people find a solution for them. The hopes are for future generations and things' well-being. My fascinations with...

Up on poppy hill
1

Catlover (United States) published:

Dear future generation

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear generation,
You have this letter because I want to know that life is beautiful. My name is Imani and I was a teen during the year of 2018. In my short time on Earth, I encountered many lessons. Some of these life lessons, I learned from and others not. These lessons are put into your life to help shape you who you will become.  You have the world in the palm of your hand, so go live life! Being young,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2018 09 18 at 8.55.42 pm
3

LackingASocialLife (Australia) published:

Dear future generation

PROMPT: For the Future

It's inevitable that there will be some who try to hold onto the past. 
I don't blame them. I too will miss simple phones, celebrities who have now lived and gone, 2000's music, and more. 
But, don't let that stop you. Don't let some unpleasant spork talking about the good ol' days stop you from progressing. 
Progressing for more acceptance- I'm sure that's still an issue?
Perhaps it's flipped- maybe being a straight white male is the scrutiny now. Or...

Default avatar user icon

Yanna Verrez (Philippines) published:

To my vision

PROMPT: For the Future

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Yanna Verrez (Philippines) published:

To my vision

PROMPT: For the Future

Years might not be able to count the zeros that was added to my current year; your time, I know, cannot be imagined during my time.  
    While I am writing this letter to you, I am sitting in my hard and average bed of a teenage girl, laptop on my lap, hard wall on my back. The only light that creeps in my bed is from my small glass window which is in front of a sidewalk....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Simpl delicous
1

finnsdusty (Australia) published:

to my future self

PROMPT: For the Future

i dont often like thinking of the future. what could be and what will i become. it frustrates me that this is the world i live in. its like i sit in a car watching everything fly past. such as opportunitys. and a world crumbling as i watch torturing me with sights of my future. and especially the earths . so i try avoiding the future and wish for the past but when i think of the future i always...

861facc17b1d0a953b8cfcde18c9a9a8

Tatihanna101 (Australia) published:

The World of 2018

PROMPT: For the Future

Documented: 29/05/2018 5:26 pm 14yr girl Australia
Today was the usual. We learnt from books and technology alike. Cancer can be cured but at a cost. There was a school shooting in America about a week ago. We fear global warming and that the sea will rise. Green house gasses are getting worst. 
​Undocumented:
​I watched an amazing film today, it sent goose bumps along my skin and a flutter to my heart. My family loves my so wholly I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Avatar

WordWieldingWriter (United States) published:

Dear Imaginings

PROMPT: For the Future

I head my letter to you with this because that is all you are to me for now- frequent imaginings of the future, who do not yet exist. I myself live at the beginning of a generation that is only beginning to gain relevance in media and society, and at a breakneck speed as well! If you're anything like me, you'd be surprised how quickly your generation will be thrust into the spotlight. One second, all the old people were...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Hhhh

Kelicia Arrington (United States) published:

For the Future

PROMPT: For the Future

This is for our future generation if you ever wanna be something or do something with your life you have to chase your dreams someone once told me if you want something you have to got after it no one is going to do it for you so just always remember if you want it go after it thats the only way you have to push yourself and keep a positive mind sat and never give up sitting at home...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Hhhh

For the Future

PROMPT: For the Future

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

nickiwho09 (United States) published:

For the Queer Future

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear my loving community of 2118,

How is the world, one hundred years in the future? Is it kind? Is it caring? Is it vengeful? Have you forgotten us, your history, your past? Do you remember what they did to us? Have you forgiven them? Does the world accept you? Can we walk the streets, hand in hand, without fear for our lives, our future, our children? I want you to be kind and forgiving, but do not forget us....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Me lol
1

rainyday24 (New Zealand) published:

To the Unknown

PROMPT: For the Future

Hello.
I wonder if that's still the common greeting where you are. Has the English language changed? Do you speak English? Are you reading this in Chinese? Russian? Some kind of international standardised language, human's variation being stamped out by the day? These are things I simply have to wonder. I'm not going to be around in 100 years. This is something that many people my age and older are also extremely aware of, unfortunately.
I hope that there is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Hannah Taylor (Australia) published:

Sincerely, Generation Z

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear teenager of 2118,

First and foremost, please don't forget to dream. Life is hard, and busy, even now. It moves at the speed of light. Still, remember to take some time. Breathe. Feel the earth beneath your feet, the air in your lungs. Fill your head with music, art, and words. Don't be so efficient that you forget your humanity. 

Remember to look after the planet. It may seem disposable now, but it needs to last long into the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
3

john1234 (Philippines) published:

my future life

PROMPT: For the Future

Whatever you’re doing right now, stop. Go outside. Call your parents (if you’re lucky enough that they’re both still here). Take a moment and go have yourself a proper personal day. And don’t—don’t you dare—feel guilty for taking the time for yourself.
This year has been a crazy one. You learned what love really means, the lengths to which friendship can be tested (and lost), and became a yoga teacher. You’ve lived in New York for 14 years, and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Zachariah Hixon (United States) published:

Future Grandson or Daughter

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear my great great grandson and daughter share this with your cousins too
I do not know how it is 100 years from when I wrote this letter to you
You probably wonder well how was it was 100 years ago
It was very crazy we have a lot of crime and bad thing with drugs going on right now
We have a lot of killing going on right now too 
If 100 years from now is like now I...

Default avatar user icon

jayla.howard0713 (United States) published:

For the Future

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear future great-grandchildren, I'm your great-grandmother from 100 years ago. Are there flying cars yet? Are robots working our jobs? Has climate change gotten worse? Well, right now, there are no flying cars, robots aren't working our jobs, and the climate could be better.

Santa still delivers toys and we still walk to strangers houses to get candy on Halloween. People with "looks that can kill, have more followers on social media than the president. We still use...

Default avatar user icon
2

Lilly Fridge (United States) published:

Did The World End?

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear Future People, 
    Did the world end? Did you all survive? Are laws still in place, do you live and thrive? I wish I could see you now, but alas, I cannot. I want to know. Are you okay? Do you live in peace today? I want to see your world. Though I am gone, does my family live on? I can only hope the best for you. Are there flying cars? Are there robotic people? Can you...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Leahvecere (United States) published:

FUTURE

PROMPT: For the Future

May/17/2018

`                   I'm 13, in 8th grade.  currently i'm sitting in my creative writing class. i was told to do this writing project, for you, to tell you whats it like in 2018 and to give you some advice, in 2018 its crazy, not everyone gets along, but that's just life. You may have some arguments with people, even physical fights. But try...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Charles Premo (United States) published:

in the future

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear great,great,great great, great, grandchild, 
in this timeline I'll be dead. so I thought of making this letter to you many years ago. if you have not known, I had Asperger syndrome, a form of autism. so... pretty much you might have it too. But, there are some good things about it. you are creative and have a wild imagination. you might not be afraid to speak your mind. and who knows, the only way you became smart is from...

Default avatar user icon
2

Kameron McMichael (United States) published:

The Past McMichaels

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear future great grandchild. I am hopefully still alive. this year Alabama has won there 17 national championship. trump is the president. you are probably spoiled. The wall is being built and illegals are still pouring into our country. but Alabama is beautiful as ever. And snapper season is longer this year thank God. My sister your great aunt just graduated. We are planning a beach house. And we are making "peace talks with North Korea." so have a good...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2018 04 13 at 11.10.02 am
1

Delaney (United States) published:

Today's Story

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear Future,

Today the world is getting violent, I hope that doesn't continue. No one is making any changes, only letting it get worse and worse. So sorry about that, the technology will probably be amazing though, much better then what we have. The latest and greatest popular technological achievement is the phone. That actually must be really sad compared to what you have. People are getting worse and more violent by the day, more violent by the game. Many 2018...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Grayson Greer (United States) published:

Future

PROMPT: For the Future

Hey whoever this is going to. My name is Grayson Greer and I'm 13 years old at this moment. I would like to tell you a little about me. I'm a pitcher for my team in baseball. Play safety in Football and Shooting Guard in basketball. I made A's and B's as far as my years in school. My favorite game to play now is Fortnite. You probably wont have that anymore in the future. My mom and dad are...

Seeking Peer Reviews

382px overmind minotaur image
1

AD4008 (United States) published:

Dear Being from the Future

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear whoever's reading this, this letter is from May 16th, 2018. It was made to be opened 100 or more years from now, and somehow it's survived this long. I have no clue how the world will be for whoever opens and reads this letter, for you might not even speak English. The future seems exciting as well as frightening, as well as unpredictable.  
    I live in the city of Spanish Fort, Alabama (or at least for now)....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1
1

Ari Theodore (United States) published:

For the Future

PROMPT: For the Future

Dear Future,
    Where are you now? My sincerest apologies for obscene amount of pollution and waste of natural resources that mine and previous generations have wasted. What has my generation, Generation Z also known as the lazy generation, accomplished. Where is the United States now? Where is the world? Have we accomplished world peace? What amazing thing has your generation done? Have we, as a race, accomplished our greatest new invention? I am Ari Theodore. I am a...

Seeking Peer Reviews