Write the world   universal knowledge prompt

Universal Knowledge

Full Details

In the The Alchemist, an allegorical novel by Paulo Coelho, a young shepherd literally follows his dreams. After Santiago wakes from a dream in which he finds gold among the great Pyramids, he journeys from Spain to Egypt with his flock of sheep, crossing paths with unexpected teachers along the way. In unfamiliar lands with undecipherable languages, Santiago discovers “There was a language in the world that everyone understood… It was the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired.”

Dear writers, IN ONE SENTENCE, describe what you consider to be the common language of the world—an aspect of the human experience understood by all. If you like, you can borrow Coelho’s beginning… “It was the language of…” Or put your own spin on the format, as Shanti, DomUnique, and Danielle Salt do with their short and sweet responses. 

For examples from two of our wonderful Peer Ambassadors, check out "Universal Knowledge" by eflorescence and "Hold on a Second" by Lia Kares.