All writing published for Enumeration

Published writing

25

Emi (Revival Year #NEWYEAR) (United States) published:

16 Amazing Writers We Should All Aspire To Be

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. J.R.R. Tolkien. 
I'm sorry, Stephen King, but you need to move over. Tolkien has been the Emperor of Fantasy since the Lord of the Rings was published. Tips to learn from him: don't forget about poetic description, and don't be afraid of writing long works.

2. Robert Louis Stevenson
Master of adventure and battles on the high seas, this author surprisingly suffered from ill health and was stuck at home most of the time. Tips to learn from him:...
Seeking Peer Reviews

24

doodleninja (United States) published:

4 Complaints Filed for HR Management at Stereo Tropes Co. | Stereo Tropes Co. (2)

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. My henchmen are too dumb.
Hi. So I ordered some of your Signature Henchmen and when I put them to work, they seemed very defective. Stupid, almost. No, actually, really stupid. I sent them against a Hero and they all kept MISSING their shots! You wouldn't believe the terrible aim they have! They're a bunch of bumbling fools! I, an aspiring villain, cannot and will not accept this. If these are your high-quality Henchmen, I'd hate to see what...

29

crow_e (United States) published:

37 ways you know you're being lied to

PROMPT: Enumeration

37.  this is the story of the girl who changed your life forever. 

36.  she remembers being friends with you when you two were in second grade. you were afraid of her and avoided her at all costs. she remembers the good times you two hard on the playground. does she remember something you don't?

35.  she makes you go on an "investigation" to see why people don't like her, pretend you two aren't friends anymore to go undercover in...
Seeking Peer Reviews

5

black_and_red_ink (Canada) published:

7 Industries our Generation is Killing (and it's probably a good thing)

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. Diamond RingsA lot of us don't understand what's so good about diamond rings. While older generations thought of diamond rings as a symbol of love and prefered them as engagement rings, to us it just seems like a waste of money that could be spent on more important things. Those of us who still like diamonds tend to go for synthetic diamonds rather than natural ones as they are less damaging to the environment in the way they...
Seeking Peer Reviews

21
1

[semi-hiatus] løne wølf (United States) published:

Top 10 People Who Piss Me Off

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. The loud music-listener.
Yeah, I know that you like Eminem, but THIS IS A LIBRARY. USE YOUR FANCY-SCHMANCY AIRPODS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

2. The stuck-up, spoiled brat.
Sure, you have a private jet, but can the luxury bunker you have buy you a college degree? I don't think so, honey. Oh, and you didn't earn any of that money you're flexing btw~

3. The bratty cool-kid wannabe.
This is so embarrassing. You look like Jojo Siwa. And...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

writingfromtheheart (United States) published:

Rules

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. Don't answer the door, you know its him, you know he's trying to get you to forgive him-it doesn't matter if he's your father, he didn't care about you when you were a child, you shouldn't care about him

2. So you opened the door? Great. I told you so. He walks into the kitchen and grabs an apple from the wooden bowl, bites it, and asks you if there's anything to drink. Don't say yes-if you do, he...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Rules

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. Don't answer the door, you know its him, you know he's trying to get you to love him again-it doesn't matter if he's your father, he didn't care about you when you were a child, you shouldn't care about him

2. So you opened the door? Great. I told you so. He walks into the kitchen and grabs an apple from the wooden bowl, bites it, and asks you if there's anything to drink. Don't say yes-if you do,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Samantha Russell (United States) published:

15 Things I Wish I Could Tell My Freshman-Self

PROMPT: Enumeration

1.) These next four years are going to fly by- so don't waste it.
    I close my eyes and I can see myself walking into the high school foyer for the first time. My advisor says, "Welcome, freshman," and tells us, "These years are going to go by so quick," and in a sense I believed her, but you never truly realize how small an amount of time four years is until you experience it yourself. From my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

rosewater (Singapore) published:

The 4 Stages of Twilight

PROMPT: Enumeration

i. sunset
It's the sun's final goodbye before its rebirth.

The last day I ever spent with a childhood friend I had known for six long years was a very long one that ended on her rooftop, a very rare sight in HDB-crowded Singapore. It was an open space overlooking a vast patch of sky and we settled down on the mat of fake grass to spend a few minutes before I had to return home. We sat only centimetres...

Seeking Peer Reviews

teew (India) published:

A Moral Grocery List : Donuts

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. Milk.
Keep your promises, come back from the grocery store. 
2. Yeast.
Personal Growth.
3. All purpose flour.
Have patience. Flour is the building block of (almost) all baked goods. 
4. Sugar.
Treat others the way you want to be treated. 
I have a sweet tooth.
5. Salt.
Be tolerant. Every recipe , no matter how different, calls for at least a pinch of salt.
6. Vanilla Essence
Fun is underrated.
Vanilla essence isn't like a vanilla life.
7....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Remaking_The_World (United States) published:

17 Lessons I've Taken From Life-Altering Books

PROMPT: Enumeration

17. Heartless by Marissa Meyer - Books don't always have happy endings.
An early lesson every bookworm has to learn is that sometimes books don't always end how you want them to. I've been taught this lesson many times over, but I think this one hit the hardest. This book is essentially the background of the Queen of Hearts and how she, well, lost her heart. I did not see the ending coming and it was so aggravating because it was...
Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Lucy J Kassel (United States) published:

The wrong set of steps

PROMPT: Enumeration

"Please help, I don't know what to do."
"It's okay, just walk up to her."
"Then what?"
Okay, repeat after me:
1. Walk up to her
2. Smile, wave
3. Introduce yourself-
"She already knows who I am."
Okay then, 3. Ask her how she is.
4. You start talking.
5. You ask her to get coffee.
6. You say, "catch you later" or something cool.
7. And then you walk away.

"Okay, I think I've got it:
1. Walk...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Spiral Dragon (United States) published:

How to “Do” School: General Instructions

PROMPT: Enumeration

1) Get into a group: nerd, jock, girlie girl, etc.
2) Conform to their expectations. Nerds study. Jocks train. Girlie girls shop.
3) Strip yourself of any personality, becoming a well-oiled machine with the cliche you’ve been forced to join.

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

MeghanRomas (Canada) published:

6 types of people on the phone

PROMPT: Enumeration

1:THE TALKER
When your on the phone with this person the will talk about anything. Most likely you will end up on the phone with them for hours. 

2:THE NON-TALKER
Unlike "the talker" this person is very quiet. They will talk in short sentences and will not ask as many questions therefore will not be on the phone for long.

3:THE EATER
This person will end up eating something while talking on the phone. They're very hard to understand and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MazeRunnerGirl (Australia) published:

When you have nothing to do, don't tell me to clean my room plz

PROMPT: Enumeration

My priorities in 2020

1. Charged electronics, very crucial to sanity.
  2. Bed. Doesn't have to be made, just has to exist. (you'd be surprised at how often it just disappears...)
  3. Wifi. I use it as basic sustenance, as most people my age do.
  4. Actually, note to self: switch 2 and 3, wifi is definitely more important
      4. real this time
      4. haha, see what I did there? okay, seriously now:
      4. Music. Make...

3

RavensInkWrites (United States Minor Outlying Islands) published:

10 things i love about my improving self

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. i take the time to take at least one good bath a week to spoil myself
  2. i now know how to make several different amazing types of tea and coffee
  3. i wake up early every morning to call my darling and eat breakfast on the phone with them before they have to go to work
  4. i try to wear clothes that make me feel the most confident and comfortable and i look great in them!!!
  5. i dedicate part of every...

1

i.c. (United States) published:

For every 1 time I fail I suceed 2 times

PROMPT: Enumeration

I fail to get my way in the argument 
I succeed in resolving the argument and doing one nice thing

I fail to get a good grade 
I succeed in studying more and write a thank-you note to my teacher

I fail to try 
I succeed to believe in myself and build up my self confidence

I fail to run 
I succeed in finding out that life is more than running and running is not everything in the world 

I...

3

CactusKid (United States) published:

8 Things I Want to Do For Myself

PROMPT: Enumeration

I want to read more, learn more, and see more.
I want to be someone who can see opportunities in failures and obstacles.
I want to have true friends and allies by my side.
I want to say the truth when talking about what I like and don't like.
I want to do the things I want to do without worrying about what others will think.
I want to pursue my goals and dreams fearlessly.
I want to have no...

5
1

Sara Lin (United States) published:

10 Colors that I Like

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. Lilac purple. This also happens to be my favorite color. I just like how it's a soft, quiet color, like a breeze on a warm day.
  2. Sky blue. Blues are some of my favorite colors because they have a calming vibe to them. Sky blue is a calm blue that I can see every time I look up at the sky.
  3. Bubblegum pink. This pink is a bright, bubbly (hehe) color that never fails to make me smile. It's like...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

The Midnight One (Australia) published:

7 Stages Of Quarantine Being

PROMPT: Enumeration

Stage #1 - Confusion

What? A virus she said
Posted on her story, in China, a growing dread
She said, what will you do
Before the world changes around you
What do you mean?
Everything's okay, it'll stay the way it's always been

Stage #2 - A Growing Dread

Empty supermarket shelves
Hurried, frantic, only thinking of themselves
Fewer people on the streets
The vibrant urban culture depletes
Signs in the chemist, stay away
More appearing in shops every day ...

10

delete (United Kingdom) published:

♥ Loving the Community ♥

PROMPT: Enumeration

Hello, there! I’m Ellen and I’m a fiction writer and playwright. You may have seen my name on contests and streak challenges, and I hope you’re all doing okay today. This is a post about what you can do as writers on Write the World to show love and appreciation for other writers on this site. As aforementioned in the footer of my poem Matutine, there’s recently been trouble on this site, including disrespect to other members, plagiarism, and miscommunication...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Ahsan Nizaam (Sri Lanka) published:

Why do I write?

PROMPT: Enumeration

​1. To dream on
In truth it’s very hard to explain. I have a very serious problem. I don’t dream. I mean when I sleep, I don’t get dreams. Or maybe I don’t remember any of it. It leaves me with a desire, almost a craving. To dream on and on about adventures, of planets and stars. In particular, about snow. I’ve only seen it in movies. So white, so soft and cold. Writing helps me recreate the setting, to...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

journal.scribbles (United States) published:

Just a Few Confessions (from some distance)

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. When the first warnings to wash my hands and stay six feet away from people reached me, I didn't take them seriously. It makes me feel sick to write this, to see the words on my screen, but it's true. The fact that I may have contributed to the spread of the virus haunts me. It sounds dramatic, and I'm sure others feel this way, but maybe if one of us had prevented another one of us from getting...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6

mia_:) (United States) published:

"life is like a box of chocolates"

PROMPT: Enumeration

1. creamy milk chocolate, reminiscent of candlelight dinners, shadows dancing through concave glass, magnifying love, lust, and everything in between. smooth saxophone gliding into the rafters, ella fitzgerald's soulful voice twisting with the chocolate on your tongue.
  2. fireside white chocolate spits out snow, christmas movies scrolling through credits as you sip cocoa in your cabin, dog curled up in your lap as flake after flake coats the roof over your head. mariah carey carols in the background and, tucking your plaid...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Yc Li (Canada) published:

3 Steps of Surviving a War

PROMPT: Enumeration

You are a soldier in the war. It does not matter which side you are on. It does not matter whether you are young or middle-aged. You have experienced things no human should ever witness. 
You have killed. 
You have fought.
You have watched children die because it was for the “good” of your country. 
To you, there is nothing left in the world but hunger, poverty, and interminable battle. 
To you, everything is lost.
Now, you must do the...

Seeking Peer Reviews