All writing published for Band Name

Published writing

3

37_apollo (United States) published:

THE VIRGIN KERNELS: tonite and only tonite - stars in our minds

PROMPT: Band Name

THE VIRGIN KERNELS
Here from the UNITED STATES
playing for you TONITE and TONITE ONLY

Opperatic Rock narratives
neurodivergent + trans + ANGRY

J - BASE
PHOENICS - GRAND PIANO
LOR - GUITAR
OLIVIA - DRUMS
MARRIAH - LEAD VOCALS

join them in the hollow gravez waterside
bring
FURY + FLAGS + FLAMES

we're gonna 

BURN THIS TOWN
DOWN

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jay Skadberg (United States) published:

Introducing the 'Severed Pinkies'!

PROMPT: Band Name

This band consists of 1 woman (The bass Player) and 3 men (Drums, Vocal, and Guitar). The 'Severed Pinkies' are a Grunge/Heavy Metal band that play many songs revolving around broken promises, past relationships, hate, jealousy, and anger over the world. I believe that this band's name falls under; P. It is perfect for this acronym because in the original act of a pinkie swears if you did not keep your promise your pinkie would be gruesomly severed off your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

t. kar (India) published:

BLIND EYES- MEMBERS PERFORM BLINDFOLDED

PROMPT: Band Name

BLIND EYES
I imagine three close friends, one of them being visually impaired, who share a passion for making music. They decide to start a band, making music that can be classified as rock / alternative. A lead singer, a drummer and someone on the keyboard. 
Onstage they would keep their audience in awe of their talent and skill by performing blindfolded. This would show their solidarity too, towards the blind friend. 
Through their music, Blind Eyes would draw everyone's...
Seeking Peer Reviews

37_apollo (United States) published:

PROMPT: Band Name

THE VIRGIN KERNELS
Here from the UNITED STATES
playing for you TONITE and TONITE ONLY

Opperatic Rock narratives
neurodivergent + trans + ANGRY

J - BASE
PHOENICS - GRAND PIANO
LOR - GUITAR
OLIVIA - DRUMS
MARRIAH - LEAD VOCALS

bring
FURY + FLAGS + FLAMES

we're gonna 

BURN THIS TOWN
DOWN

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Kalia2302 (Australia) published:

Raptured Moon

PROMPT: Band Name

I would call my band 'Raptured Moon'. We would play soulful music that is purposeful, mainly the music will be what occurs to us in whatever for or shape (I have no idea how to explain that!)

It's perfect because it has that name, that is special, but I can't explain what makes it special. It also represents what I write.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Sara Iman (Sri Lanka) published:

Anomaly

PROMPT: Band Name

Anomaly.
The need to be beyond the pale and unique, that typical teenage cliché that can be startlingly real.
Black masks, no one knows who they really are.
They don't stick to a genre, they write, play and sing whatever they feel like, never sticking to anything, just what music means to them.
It's written in italics, it looks vintage, it's perfect against a black background.
They never stick to a dress code, each wearing something form a different...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

alexishaufler (United States) published:

Alexisytical

PROMPT: Band Name

Alexisytical is an upcoming duo band. They are the same person, one being the creator of the group, Alexis - the other being an alternate version of herself, created using AI technologies. Their songs blow us away, speaking about important issues with unique twists. Their genre is more free-spirited, using aspects from every music genre, including the sub-genres. This band doesn't disappoint. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Alexisytical

PROMPT: Band Name

Seeking Peer Reviews

astryn23 (United States) published:

Sake of Sirens

PROMPT: Band Name

Sake of Sirens is an indie alternative band with all-female members. Sake of Sirens creates haunting music themed out of deep topics and stemming from emotions such as rage and betrayal, although they have a multitude of different songs that are not based off of these topics. They advocate to be heard, to be seen, and to be recognized as people who may have been lost or betrayed to the current, but still exist and deserve to be treated with...

Seeking Peer Reviews

8

Anne Blackwood (United States) published:

Manic Pixie Scream Girls

PROMPT: Band Name

The Manic Pixie Scream Girls are a distinctive girl group formed by 19 year old spitfire Harlow and her college roommates. The trio chose their name as a pun on the term "manic pixie dream girl", an sardonic label given to fictional characters who are wild, carefree, and "not like other girls".
    Their music style falls into the indie rock umbrella, with screamo metal influences occasionally seeping in, bringing to mind the "scream" in their name....

Elizabeth Williams (United States) published:

Spastic Porpoise

PROMPT: Band Name

Spastic Porpoise.  I would name a band Spastic Porpoise.

The word "Spastic" would be embodied in the band's music in the fact that they would not be tied to one genre.  They would play some sort of punk-rock, sometimes shifting over to folk-pop or other genres.  The spasticity of their style would keep listeners interested by causing them to wonder what type of sound Spastic Porpoise would put out next.

Porpoises are playful animals, I do believe.  The band Spastic...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Meddy Oyenuga (United States) published:

The Lost Causes

PROMPT: Band Name

The Lost Causes is a band made up of five beautifully imperfect human beings. They are from all over the world, and all consist of different nationalities. The five beings have queer pronouns with unique personalities.
    The band name "Lost Causes" comes from the five musicians' (then unpromising) youth. Their guardians, teachers, and peers all shamed them and labeled them hopeless, appalling, and uncouth, but against all odds, they rose to fame. 
    The band plays all-genre alternative music,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Calisa (Dominica) published:

Fourth Wonder

PROMPT: Band Name

Fourth Wonder consists of four young adults ranging from 18 to 20. The members of Fourth Wonder are from France, Morocco, Austria and Canada respectively. These four boys all met on an online forum where they eventually became good friends and formed a "virtual band". 

Fourth Wonder tells the story of how great these four individuals are on their own and together. It encapsulates everything it means to be them. They keep their audiences transfixed with their voices and dance...

Pavithra C.P (India) published:

Deja Vu- Experience your Dreams.

PROMPT: Band Name

Deja Vu.
A feeling of having already experienced the present situation.
I feel this would define the band perfectly as it fulfills one's dreams to be there. The overwhelming and amazing feeling of fulfilling that unsaid dream of having the times of your lives; only with the band, Deja Vu.

Deja Vu would play heartfelt music which lifts the mood of the audience and provides the experience of heaven. Formed by a group of five teenagers trying to find their...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

37_apollo (United States) published:

PROMPT: Band Name

THE VIRGIN KERNELS
Here from the UNITED STATES
playing for you TONITE and TONITE ONLY

Opperatic Rock narratives
neurodivergent + trans + ANGRY

J - BASE
PHOENICS - GRAND PIANO
LOR - GUITAR
OLIVIA - DRUMS
MARRIAH - LEAD VOCALS

bring
FURY + FLAGS + FLAMES

we're gonna 

BURN THIS TOWN
DOWN

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

The Elephant In The Room (Israel) published:

The Cloud Shapers

PROMPT: Band Name

Close your eyes.
Gently.

Breath as slowly as you can. 
You are free from pressure.
Free from stress.
Youre troubles are gone for the night.

I want you to bend the darkness in your eyes.

Swirl it around you until the colours become a place.

A happy one. 
Is there a body of water there?
Usually there is.
If there is water, Imagine the waves.
Their crushing sounds.
The cool saphire covering your feet like a blanket.

And if there...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

The Cloud Shapers

PROMPT: Band Name

Close your eyes.
Gently.

Breath as slowly as you can. 
You are free from pressure.
Free from stress.
Youre troubles are gone for the night.

A happy one. 
Is there a body of water there?
Almost always there is.
If there is water, Imagine the waves.
Their crushing sounds.
The cool water so nicey under their feet.

And if there...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

sovereign (United States) published:

the Horsemen

PROMPT: Band Name

1) the Horsemen. they heralded the beginnings of time and wrote war-songs for the stars when we were still embryos of thought. maybe years and years later the one they feared Famine took up the taishogoto and maybe the one they screamed Death plucked at the liuqin and maybe the one they praised War beat on the tanggu and maybe the one they applauded Conquest used nothing but the vocal cords they had - but of course, that's neither here...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Luci Munday (Australia) published:

Neo

PROMPT: Band Name

Some points:
  1. Neo is an Australian rock band.
  2. They formed in late 2017.
  3. It is comprised of four members, all between the ages of 17 and 23.
  4. The name Neo is inspired by a close friend of all four members who identifies with the neopronouns ze/hir/hirs.
  5. Upon formation, the band members drew upon this word as inspiration and decided Neo was a pretty cool word and then that was their name.
  6. Neo is composed of one electric guitarist, one bass guitarist,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jaden.Kelly (United States) published:

The Band.

PROMPT: Band Name

The Band. I feel like this name is simple and unique. It gets the point across and the comedy aspect of the name is something that's memorable. Often, you see bands over complicating things, but this name gets straight to the point. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

WhoTalksLikeMe (United States) published:

Contraband

PROMPT: Band Name

The band name is Contraband. 

We play guitar, sing, and there's probably some piano in the background. 
    Of course, the "special something" that the band has is the dog that comes onstage with us. He howls with us on command. 

The band name criteria is WP= Clever wordplay. Contra band. It's both a word and has the "band" in it. 

3

unchosen cauliflower (Australia) published:

it's always been Frances

PROMPT: Band Name

AAAFSJSHGDJFHGS I love this prompt

I often spend my time pondering the infinite questions of indifference, such as "what would you name your band".
I love grunge and post-punk, but basically anything from the 60s up to the 90s. In my secret confessional hours, I would write songs about the anger that was easier than sadness. It was a worthy trade. I wrote songs about how the great love of my life, music, dares betray me. I wrote so many...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

bookworm5 (United States) published:

The Art of Loneliness

PROMPT: Band Name

1. The band is a bunch of 20 year olds that have worked together since high school. Although they relish being considered emo, they tend to stay on the more thoughtful side of song writing. Their top song is "grief immortal" which has about 5 million monthly listeners  on Spotify. Lyrics include: "I know this song won't bring you back but at least they'll all remember".  They fall under alternative rock and pop. Listeners have compared the band to Waterparks,...

5

Writing4Life (Australia) published:

ocEan waVEs

PROMPT: Band Name

ocEan waVEs is a rising indie-pop band. The band is comprised of lead vocalist - Eve, guitarist - Matt, and keys/backup vocals - Lilith. The unique capitalization of the name makes it immediately stand out. Eve was the person who brought ocEan waVEs together, so Lilith and Matt decided on capitalizing the "e, v, e" to honour their leader. ocEan waVEs have released 23 songs in the past year, and their fan base has been growing as fast as they can...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

SleepyNugget (United States) published:

My Band thing, if I was to create one

PROMPT: Band Name

What would I call a band? 
A Band is a group of people or a singular person making music for people to enjoy. An example is One Direction, whom I used to enjoy, they used to perform music as a group and more recently some perform on their own. If I was to create a band, the name would be Aestheciallia, but I'm not good at naming inanimate things (besides the characters I create).

A bit about the band and...
Seeking Peer Reviews