All writing published for Band Name

Published writing

AlienFromPluto (United Kingdom) published:

A Thousand Watt's

PROMPT: Band Name

"I've just had an idea... one might even call it a light bulb moment" 
Nate's band mates turned round to face him. 
"This'll be good," Elijah, the lead vocalist, rolled his eyes, "We're not going to call ourselves Poison. It's overdone. It's edge lord stupid. And god damn it's awful." 
"Go easy on him Eli," Riku, the drummer, grinned his wolfish grin, the kind that made him their unspoken visual of the band. What with his height, jawline and crooked,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ollieollie (United States) published:

Duchess

PROMPT: Band Name

Duchess is the brainchild of bassist Gabby Jennis and guitarist Laura Scott, a pair of cousins who were fortunate enough to be born in the same year. Raised by parents still mourning the 80s, they were both brought up on Aerosmith, Journey, and Queen. Duchess is loud, theatrical, and does its best to switch up the formula with every new track. After being joined by drummer Jacob Scott (Laura's younger brother) and pianist Joey King (Gabby's soft-spoken boyfriend), they started...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Megan Penn (United States) published:

Reach

PROMPT: Band Name

AC/DC, One Direction, PRETTYMUCH, BTS, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and *NSYNC. Do those sound familiar? Probably because they are all bands that embrace different music and come from different eras. The radio plays the same pop tunes over and over again like an endless cycle. It’s sad that nowadays music is stereotyped to specific genres. Why not have a band that branches out to everything? From pop to EDM to alternative to R&B. This is a band that anyone can...

Seeking Peer Reviews

DogsandDolphins2 (Australia) published:

Band Of The Century

PROMPT: Band Name

If I had a band name would be difficult. First it would have to reflect me but what about all the people in my band?
I believe that advice is necessary  for this kind of thing and I believe that with people I could find the right thing.

My thing would have to have to include things I love which are animals so maybe something like Animalia or Pawfection (named after a business I started) I could call it initials...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jeremy Errol Saquian (Philippines) published:

Presto!

PROMPT: Band Name

Presto!is an Alternative rock band that performs really fast-paced music, suggesting the name itself which means " very quickly" in Italian classical music terminology. The band members will showcase their dexterity in their respective musical instruments, just like how well-known classical composers presented their skills in complicated caprices, symphonies and sonatas. The band will have a lot of complex melodies and hardcore playing to be in true to its name. This group of bad boys will surely be hitting...
Seeking Peer Reviews

iliketheoceanandhotobjects (Singapore) published:

(She Climbed Out) The Basement (And Made A Band)

PROMPT: Band Name

Assonant Chill-Low-Fidelity mixed in with a jazzy pseudo-impromptu bass and rough, and soft poppy but anti-euphoric guitar chords. Breaking the boundary between the two different music styles (examples: swapping the roles of instruments between two contrasting genres, time signatures coinciding) would create an aura of anxiety, reinforced by repetition, layering, and experimentation. The idea of letting something nostalgic and long gone be reinterpreted.

The lyricism speaks in character, each character taking the likeness of band members. Every album however, has...

2

aryelee (United States) published:

witch one

PROMPT: Band Name

Bands want to get noticed, just as everyone else does, and draw an audience to share their music with.

"So," you say, "Have you listened to any good bands lately?"

"Which one," I answer.

"Any band," you clarify, a bit confused. But no, you misheard me.

I said, "Witch one." As in, one witch. A witch, who is one in numbers. Or maybe one in ranking.

Clever, isn't it? Fun, and creates a quick image --  everyone has some idea...

1

sam.arrieta (Colombia) published:

Cassett tape

PROMPT: Band Name

Cassette Tape is an all queer band that plays pop-rock, soft rock and sometimes pop. they like to do acapella concerts and base their music on 80's and some 90's iconic sound with a modern twist such as a suttle trap base line or modern rap verses.

The name seems graphically appealing to the eye and takes you to asume their 80's influense and sound but if written with a slightly moderns font in the band logo tells you that...

1

a sprig of pink (United States) published:

Catacomb Echos

PROMPT: Band Name

Catacomb Echos

Catacomb Echos is a versatile contemporary band that plays a mix of soft rock with a tinge of heavy metal. They pay homage to bands like Pearl Jam and Bob Dylan
Their name is supposed to reference the catacombs in France, made of the bodies of the deceased. Echos are supposed to be a reference to the spirits that still roam the dimly lit streets, searching for a purpose

1

Christy Wisdom (United States) published:

Dream of Home//Wander Lost

PROMPT: Band Name

Dream of Home//Wander Lost is a teenage band consisting of three girls and two guys. Their connections to the old orphanage they all belonged to sparked the name. Eventually, they all ran away from the place and have never gone anywhere without each other ever since. They always hoped that they'd find a place to settle down, but they never did; however, the group of five became their own family, so they didn't really mind. That's how their name came...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Juuhazan (Philippines) published:

Last Yesterday

PROMPT: Band Name

On one wistful May afternoon, Last Yesterday frontman Joshua Bragg would find himself lying alone in his dorm room when, inspired by the bright orange sky, he began frantically writing down lyrics to what would become their first few demo tracks. After performing these first few tracks in a local cafe to standing ovation, he decided to take things to the next level and began performing locally with friends Eric Albrecht on bass and Camille Won on drums. Eventually they...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

parachutes_the_idiot (Canada) published:

My Band Name!!!

PROMPT: Band Name

The band name would definitely have to be able to be abbreviated, cuz all of my favourite bands (my chemical romance, ashestoangels, frnkiero andthe patience, Frank Iero and the Cellabration, etc) all have names that get abbreviated and sound cool (MCR, ATA, fiatc, FIATP,and so forth). And, it has to sound badass, because there is no way in HECK i am joining/being apart of some sissy band. We would be alt rock, inspired by MCR, Frank Iero, Nirvana, Misfits, ATA,...

kdxt4life (Australia) published:

Velvet Quivers

PROMPT: Band Name

They consist of a pianist, guitarist and 2 vocals - one male and one female. They play songs that are ballad-like with a dark undertone in their lyrics. The band members chose the band name as the pianist is an archer and one of the singers  is studying seismology. The velvet part of the name comes from the cake that started the band. They met at a local cafe that sells "the best red velvet ever!!!!" The band's two leads...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

timtam.9 (Australia) published:

Lollygaggers

PROMPT: Band Name

“Lollygaggers”- I think that this group would be a band of outcasts or juveniles, singing about very untalked about subjects by drawing from personal experience. Lollygagging means to dawdle or waste time, which is why I think their music would be really emotional, cause it ties in with the feeling of worthlessness that is popular amongst young adults and teens. It also comes into that subject of depression. The genre would be perhaps a rock take on classical music. I’ve found...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Book_lover (United States) published:

Happy life

PROMPT: Band Name

I hear my guitar go bing,
I start " Ohh woow ohh woow",
then im enterupted by the loud drums,
along with it i start to hum, 
" hm hm hmm hm hm hm hmm",
i start to sing once more " bu du du du du  bu bu bu",
i start,

Then practice ends.
My band play's music with barley any voice to it.
we like to let our hearts go into it not our mouths.
But we are...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

the.greater.odyssey (United States) published:

The Lost

PROMPT: Band Name

The Lost.
    Ink on paper and typed words on a document, the music you hear isn't the music you're used to. It's different, like a reinvention of an era that's yet to come. A quiet, moving lyric with a subtle undertone of pain to an obvious heartache that will soon be etched into your mind; memorized.
    New lyrics that ensure anybody that they aren't alone. They aren't lost. New melodies that play like the song...

Seeking Peer Reviews

SummerDawn (United States) published:

Black Iris

PROMPT: Band Name

This band of  girls started with they’re love affair with music in their high school band and choir class. Lilly, Mira, and Ashlyn became incredible friends within the first few days of class. The girls developed their musical talent and style throughout high school before really deciding to start a band.

Mira came up with an idea for a name one night after a cry over missing her late twin brother. She was in her bathroom collecting herself when she...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Legendary Grapes (United States) published:

Presents Of Pop, Dream Band

PROMPT: Band Name

Presents Of Past would be my band name. 

I would include close friends who are into making music. I want band-mates who can love, and be loved. I would love it if my band had three males and two females. I like all kinds of music, but my top genres are electronic, pop, progressive house, future bass, soft and alternative rock, and a bit of 90s, 80s music. Marshmello, Alan Walker, Martin Garrix, The Chainsmokers, Queen, N*Sync, and Backstreet Boys....

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

disontinued (United States) published:

Rotting Roots

PROMPT: Band Name

My friend and I actually have a band named Rotting Roots. 
I love botany
We both are from a very small town with people with very small minds.

It was an incredibly late night.
3:05
I was sad and we were jamming out.
Her sitting on my bed with her uke
And me on the floor with my guitar.

We decided that we were both beautiful...on the outside. 
However, on the inside, we were both rotting and dying slowly.
I told...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

rosemarywisdom (Singapore) published:

Smoke and Mirrors #bandname

PROMPT: Band Name

This name invokes a really cool image of illusion and the thin lines between what's real and what's fantasy. We would be a really kickass rock band, but our lyrics would be super cinematic and be Rise Against level-good. 

We would also write original songs for Marvel films, just because. We're famous for credits songs. I'd draw inspiration from Less Than Jake and The Black Keys.

However, we'd write a throwback album with Guardians-Eagles type songs and it'd be an...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Flaw (Malaysia) published:

Starry Satellites

PROMPT: Band Name

The band is composed of five members: the rapper and leader, the vocal and lyricist, the drum player and background vocal, the keyboard and EDM player, and the guitarist and bassist. The band does not have a main specialty, rather, they choose to experiment in many different genres, switching from pop to electronic, from R&B to disco funk. In their lyrics, usually made by the leader and lyricist, is what encompasses the heart and soul of the band, spreading their...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

dreamisms (United States) published:

vanilla dream

PROMPT: Band Name

it starts with an idea. two small town girls ask themselves, "what if? what if we started a band?" they ignore the crippling doubt that attempts to stop them in their tracks, and begin writing song after song.

years later, they're performing live in front of thousands.

made up of reina carpenter (lead vocalist) and june huang (lead guitarist), the duo carries a soft sort of vibe that holds true to their name. their music style is a nice blend...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

LittleWolf (Australia) published:

Spelunking Llamas

PROMPT: Band Name

To me, a band that can encompass the realms of rock and pop music would be called 'The Spelunking Llamas'. A music repertoire of rock, heavy metal and pop likened to iconic bands such as Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, Metallica or Black Sabbath, their songs would tell stories or messages in a timeless and memorable way. An all-male band consisting of a drummer, two guitarists (electric), and a frontman/lead vocalist would encourage listeners and groupies to take action and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

L3xi (United States) published:

Pain At Midnight

PROMPT: Band Name

Pain At Midnight has a rock and alternative rock sound but are occasionally known to write one pop song per album. Pain At Midnight started when lead vocalist Turk was driving over a bridge late one night and saw a man about to jump. Turk got out of his car and stopped the man from jumping by telling him that midnight pain is worse than any other pain and it'll be better waking up in the morning. 

Turk kept in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

L3xi (United States) published:

Pain At Midnight

PROMPT: Band Name

Turk kept in...

Seeking Peer Reviews