All writing published for Profile Feature Writing Competition 2016. See Competition

Published writing

Kayley. (United Kingdom) published:

The Girl with the Key

PROMPT: Profile Feature Writing Competition 2016

She looked at me for a few seconds, stared right into my soul. Her face was weak yet alive, worn, but beautiful. Her eyes held the ocean; a ring of blue and green. A torn piece of red cloth held her hair up, piled on top of her head. Her hair was an icy blonde, so bright but dulled by swipes of dust and ash. Her face was thin, and her cheekbones were hollow. Her skin was like paper, so thin...

1

she’s-got-a-story (United States) published:

My Grandfather

He smells of cigarette smoke and warm leather; of sawdust. 
He's tall, and paunchy; balding.
He wears glasses, that kind from the eighties with the odd little nose-piece. 
He has a beard, not bushy, but straight. Grandma had him dye it a while back; the grey coming in was unappealing to her. 
He uses his left hand when he writes, and his right when he throws. I inherited this from him.
He shares a name with my brother; a piece...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Croken (United States) published:

The Deception of Marilee Gomez

He could lie straight through his blush colored lips. I would say 'He could lie straight through his teeth', but He never smiled long enough for anyone to ever see His neatly aligned pearly whites. But, yes, He had a problem with lying. He loved only two things: Himself and God - everybody knew this. Yet, people used to ask Him all the time, "Who do you love the most?" His tanned hand would brush back His perfectly styled hair...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Kayley. (United Kingdom) published:

The Girl with the Key

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Abby C (Canada) published:

Him

His silhouette danced on the pavement in front of him, the moon behind him created a perfect replica of him. His eyes were searching through my soul, they were the deepest shade of green, not a pretty green, the kind you see in a seaweed infested pond, but on him, it looked phenomenal. There were little crinkles in the corners of his eyes from the squinting posture of his eyes, he had a scandalous look, the look of a thief....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Abby C (Canada) published:

Him

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Abby C (Canada) published:

Him

Seeking Peer Reviews

Abby C (Canada) published:

Him

Abby C (Canada) published:

Him

1

Fabian Tornquist published:

Dede

“I am not going to do it” that was the first reaction to me asking her for an interview. Giselda do Nascimento is better known by me as Dedé. She is a really short woman given her age and when I asked her age she just handed me her ID and said figure it out. She is not very good with dates. But other than that she is very good in remembering things you did wrong. She is always wearing...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Fabian Tornquist published:

Dede

Seeking Peer Reviews

Kara Webber (United States) published:

Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Where have you gone?

A contagious smile painted on a soft face. A pocket-sized person full of love and sunshine. Her shoulder-length hair, like light, warm gingerbread, flows happily as her feet bounce on the smooth wooden floor. She laughs at my jokes and I laugh at hers. She reminds me that it's okay to slide on wooden floors and pretend you're a princess. She reminds me to be free.
When everything is going to hell and the world is ending, she takes no...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Croken (United States) published:

The Deception of Marilee Gomez

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

stargirl (United States) published:

Magic

She walks into the room and ushers in the sun. Always bright, constantly cheerful, she lightens any mood and sparkles in any environment. She is quite possibly the busiest person I have ever met, always working on a project or traveling to a beautiful new location. She sparkles with laughter and joy. I know her as Kathy. The rest of the world knows her as her character, Twig the Fairy. 
    As Kathy, she creates constant art and thrives...

1

AndyBat13 (United States) published:

Graceful.

Her hair, a vibrant shade of red reaches down to her lower back, although she often wears it in a neat ponytail making the true length of her hair a mystery. She takes great pride in her appearance, often donning elegant makeup and subtle jewelry. She doesn’t smile often but when she does, her smile lights up the entire room. Her eyes, a stunning blue that could turn man to stone. Her skin, ghostly white and decorated with light freckles...

1

AndyBat13 (United States) published:

Graceful.

1

AndyBat13 (United States) published:

Graceful.

1

keely1306 (Australia) published:

Where Confidence Is Found

The girl's toes, nails painted in the palest of blues and barely visible seven metres up, curl over the edge of the board. Her eyes stare straight ahead, back straight as though tied to a plank of wood. Dirty blonde hair, cut conveniently short, drips water down her already wet back.
Below, the water's surface shimmers under the lights of Challenge Stadium, appearing to me to be as inviting as a brick wall. Yet the girl does not quiver under...

1

Sam Danquah (United States) published:

FREE REBEL

A person in words

I have walked passed him a thousand times in my life but never acknowledged him. I have come face to face with him but never said a word. Stood behind him like his shadow but never tapped him on the shoulder to make conversation. They say he is the sweetest man you will ever meet. He is gentle, kind, compassionate and loving. Everything that a girl will ever want.

Holding on but nothing to hold on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Croken (United States) published:

The Deception of Marilee Gomez

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Croken (United States) published:

The Deception of Marilee Gomez

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Croken (United States) published:

The Deception of Marilee Gomez

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

geoxanne (Singapore) published:

my special, ordinary teacher who showed us the world

In the dimly lit area outside the staff room, the brightest thing was Miss Chiang’s big, deep-set eyes. The glow that lingered in the sky from the setting equatorial sun, visible just metres away from the open wall paled in comparison to the gentle light that radiated from her eyes, glowing with peaceful wisdom that she generously gives away. Her chiseled cheekbones grew higher like shield volcanoes— yes, one of those tectonic landforms that erupted to live under her...

Heidi Begovatz (United States) published:

Advice from the oldest living graduate

With graduation just around the corner, alumni are remembering their high school days. The oldest living graduate is no different, although she may have graduated 86 years ago, Lucille Draeger still remembers her days at FAHS. While things have changed, her favorite class, English, is still a staple.
It was a little different than it is now. We didnt have all the computers to record things for us; we had to write and stand up and speak. I think that...

Advice from the oldest living graduate