All writing published for [Insert Age]

Published writing

1

Ani-Nate (United States) published:

Fifteen (15)

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I am an irresponsible teenager, I waste hours upon hours on simple little things like drawing or reading, even writing when I have the time. I may or may not also watch hours upon hours of Anime, my favorite one being my hero because of Bakugo and Kirishima, and my life right now my parents say is "simple" yet it's not- because I'm an anime simp and just want to stare into the red-eyed characters beautiful manly or...

Seeking Peer Reviews

23 minutes ago

2

Mena (United States) published:

Sixteen Years for Sixteen Tears

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

The transition from childhood to early adult-hood was a little different for me than some others, but I stopped being quiet about it when I met another girl who understood. She couldn't say anything, so now I do.
When I was five I wanted to be eight, I wanted to grow up so badly. When I was eight I wanted to be five again. There was a sudden change that drastically changed my view on getting older. I was exposed...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 14 hours ago

10

Anne Blackwood (United States) published:

17

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Dear diary,

I think I'm ready to turn 17. It's not as though I have much of a choice in the matter, seeing as how it's already happened. But I've been preparing myself mentally for a few months, so I think my existential crisis is beginning to close its doors.
    I'm not ready to grow up, though. Numbers are all but meaningless, but there's something universally terrifying about inching closer to the coldness of independence. It's...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

11
1

løne wølf (United States) published:

fourteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

navigated the halls
of an alien campus,
dreading the sound of the bell

walked past the one
I once called friend, my gaze
boring holes in the wall

sat in the midst
of a bustling lunch table,
relishing our never-ending shenanigans

floated on the surface
of a glittering lake,
dragging my hand through the blue

blundered through pitiful attempts
at small talk, before
getting lost in his eyes again

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 17 hours ago

1

jadezammo (Australia) published:

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Up and down I may go,
Right and left,
Horizontally vertical.
Where to go, the world is too vast,
I will spend forever here,
At this in-between place.

Between the reverent ground and the furious sky,
The soil of the earth and the birds of the holy wind.
Too much I'm blinded,
Too vast to conquer.
This in between world, 
I wander. 

Here grass is greener
than the other side,
Each day is brighter,
each face new and treasured.

What...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

1

jadezammo (Australia) published:

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Up and down I may go,
Right and left,
Horizontally vertical.
Where to go, the world is too vast,
I will spend forever here,
At this in-between place.

Too much I'm blinded,
Too vast to conquer.
This in between world, 
I wander. 

Here grass is greener
than the other side,
Each day is brighter,
each face new and treasured.

What...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

1

Amy2021 (United States) published:

Sixteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Sixteen candles
lit in the midst of a storm
bubbling
boiling
steam rising in shapeless form

Ideas swirling 
twisting
emerging
about what I wish to be
who I may become

Nothing is permanent
Not even life
Will my choice satisfy
Or will it ignite
Hatred in the thing I loved most    

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

1

lochnessie (Australia) published:

fourteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

fourteen.
through the flickers of flames, candles on a birthday cake -
she has lived fourteen years.
hip hooray.
and what does it mean? fourteen? old enough to know the truth, which is that you will never know the truth. the elusive truth, which lies in the glances of strangers and the upturned faces of sunflowers. 
fourteen. old enough to fear others just as much as you fear yourself. to imagine yourself detested and revered and be both at once,...

12

SunV (India) published:

fifteen.

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

fifteen. wow, you've come a long way.
    i've been watching you, trying to spread your wings, trying to fly. i think maybe, this might be your year. you've gained responsibility, but you've also gained freedom, you've gained the ability to stay out later than usual, to have movie nights, to eat when you feel hungry, and not when you're told.
    but you've also gained more work. more expectations to suceed. but i know you can do...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Bryce E (United States) published:

14 years

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I am 14 years old. Through my years I've done many things good and bad. For example when I was in kindergarten I was the worst in the class. Always talking,flipping my shirt around for some reason, and just bad things. Some good things are helping my grandma out, making friends with people that didn't have friends, and helping people with sports. Through all of my 14 years on earth there is one thing that I won't forget. That is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Bryce E (United States) published:

14 years

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

10

mirkat (United States) published:

fifteen freaks me out, 15 is slightly better

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

when i was nine i would walk to the library
every Wednesday after school. slumped in a corner reading Calvin & Hobbs
with a scuffed butterfly backpack at her feet, was me.
my cheeks would flush when the middle schoolers wandered in.
they were cool, always gossiping about how jenna liked kyle,
and smart, too, laboring over homework in groups of three.
i observed from my post in the corner and couldn't wait for 
my birthday to roll around but
...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Dakota_Lyn (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

13 years, 9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days. That is how old I am. But, man I feel like I'm about 50. It could be helping with my siblings, or any other number of the responsibilities I hold that make me feel so old. I don't know, but it seems like I've made way more laps around the sun. People always make 13 sound so fun. "Oh, your a teenager now!", "These are the best years!" And they may...

Seeking Peer Reviews

katekat13 (United States) published:

thirteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

As a thirteen year old, your just a teenager/young adult. Yet people expect you to be mature all the time like there isn't a young in front of the adult. We're 13 not 16. Even 16 year olds goof off too, so it's not a worlds difference. After a 13 year old doing a bad thing (that isn't illegal) like not cleaning their room when their parent asked, or talking back, they act like this was never going to happen...

1

danee (United Kingdom) published:

17 (but it's only partly wish fulfillment)

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

too old, too young
not quite in the middle
old enough to be seen as accountable
but too young to be seen as responsible

it's like walking on eggshells
this year, i have to ask permission to use the bathroom, check my phone, and ask my neighbour fo a pencil
and yet this coming summer, i'll be an adult
i've started looking at 'how to adult' playlists on youtube

the government will be able to release my photo if i...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Being 13 means so many things, and yet nothing, the only real landmark is the fact that your a teenager, which sucks. When your 13 it's like a transition from sweet child to moody teenager.This means you get to learn about things, but not actually do them, your body and emotions start changing, and your parents expect you to explode any second. Another thing is your told how you have to be responsible, but you're given no real responsibilities! When I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Mimi08 (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

19

.amelia. (Singapore) published:

18 [and if I'm actually an adult yet]

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Normally, in most countries, being 18 crosses the second threshold of independence, besides being 16. It's the year you get to move out, live alone, go to college etc.

But being eighteen means a completely different thing in Singapore.

It means, you're taking GCE 'A' levels this year (if you're in Junior College). It means you get to drink, it means you get to vote, it means you get to drive. It also means you're not in a university, not...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

gabbygucci (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

As a kindergartener, I always looked up to what was considered "the older kids." I say this term in quotes only because these kids weren't necessary old. In fact, they were quite young. I had always thought about what I would like as a ten year old, and then a fifteen year old, and even up to sixty years old. At my school, there were multiple floors so if you had just graduated to third grade, congrats! You were now...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

gabbygucci (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Seeking Peer Reviews

7

rosie_ (Australia) published:

fourteen

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

when i was 6 i thought i was grown-up;
mother's lipstick smothered across my face,
dresses and
bows and
pretty shoes.

but then I turned 8 and realized life wasn't so easy;
mother died, lipstick gone
fights and 
crying and
cold nights.

turning 12 was when i thought i had it all;
store-bought lipstick became my own
roller rinks and
gossip and
fake smiles.

but now i'm 14 and life: it's effort;
too lazy to put on lipstick
lying in...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

narwhal stories (United States) published:

16 and counting

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

Being 16 isn't as cool as the movies and shows make it out to be I thought when I turned id be out with friends falling for boys. All the boys would fall all over me... I'm the only one that's falling but not for boys it's for my grades and my ticket to collage.

When I was 9 it was always me saying I cant wait till I'm old enough to do what my brothers did I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7
1

Hermione (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

I never knew how hard an age would be
I thought twelve was hard well look now
At that age I never realized how hard it would be
Well I knew it would be hard 
But not this hard
Thirteen is and interesting age
It's the age you start to think your an adult 
When really you are just a child
It's the age you have been waiting for 
Waiting for 
Waiting for that teenage year
Thinking it would be...

Seeking Peer Reviews