All writing published for June 2022 Grab Bag

Published writing

Ryan student540 (United States) published:

What I Would Change if I was in a Book

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

a description of yourself as if you were a character in a book.

If I was a character in a book I would look the same, talk the same, and have the same personality. I think you should not change if you imagine yourself in a book becuase you are perfect the way you are. The only thing I would change if I were a book character I would change the adventures I have had throughout my life....

about 12 hours ago

1

wrenofthewoods (United States) published:

the artist

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

prompt: a description of yourself as if you were a character in a book.

at their desk they sat, hunched over a sketchbook with too-loud music playing from their earbuds. from a distance, you could likely hear it yourself- the pounding drums, the screeching guitar. every once in a while, they would smile when a song reached its climax. in their smile, you could see the one tooth that looked somewhat like the fang of a vampire, an unfortunate casualty of...

1 day ago

Penguin (United States) published:

The Christmas Candle

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

• a poem from the perspective of a burning candle, as it burns lower and lower. (typewriter06)
Christmas eve has finally arrived.
I have waited for this my whole life.
I lie in a box with many others,
waiting to receive a holder.
I am passed to a small child
in a red stocking hat and green scarf.

She lights my wick for the first time.
The warmth is exciting.
I've always wondered what this would feel like.
A...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Penguin (United States) published:

The Christmas Candle

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

Christmas eve has finally arrived.
I have waited for this my whole life.
I lie in a box with many others,
waiting to receive a holder.
I am passed to a small child
in a red stocking hat and green scarf.

They light my wick for the first time.
The warmth is exciting.
A...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

typewriter06 (Canada) published:

June 2022 Grab Bag

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

On a comfy green couch, there sits a girl, or more accurately, a young lady. Her long light brown hair falls over her shoulder and shrouds the words of the book she is reading before she brushes it quickly back. Often throughout her reading she laughs at the wonderful simplistic ways the authors of the long ago wrote about characters and situations....
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Anonymous Poet (Ireland) published:

This Little Light Of Mine

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

Oh little flame 
How you burn so bright
Yet those marks trailed behind
Remain so forgotten
This hole grows deeper
As you shine into the night
This light fades
Blocked by this cascading trench
Until your bulb no longer witnessed
You’ll fly away in the midst of this night
Whilst we’re dreaming of heavenly might

Seeking Peer Reviews

GraySkyes (United States) published:

Daddy

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

He didn't want to get drenched by the imminent downpour, so he yanked a heavy raincoat off the rack as he headed outside, the front door groaning shut behind him. Angling his face upwards, he scrutinized the sky—a dense mass of stalking storm clouds about to wage war on the doomed earth below—before pulling his hood over his head and trampling across the weed infested and withered lawn.
Daddy. The voice reverberated painfully in his subconscious mind, knocking incessantly,...

california.wavewriter (United States) published:

Keefe - Silveny

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

Prompt: anything containing the following words in this order: drenched, aurora, blasphemy, miniaturized, and raindrop. (Honey_Cookies2009)

Silveny was thinking deeply and her thoughts were drenched in Keefe. The aura of Keefe surrounded his friends and family; he was a singularly charismatic person. He considered it blasphemy for anyone to insult The Hair; when interacting with Silveny's two miniaturized alicorn foals, they had great fun together; and, when even a single raindrop looked like it was about to...

1

_Hunter_ (United States) published:

June grab bag

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

I feel so high!
So energized!
So new and free!
Everywhere I look is bright
I shine
I glow
My surroundings grow taller
Ever so slowly
They grow
The light isn’t as bright anymore
I don’t feel so tall
I am wiser now
I know that everything is fragile
I know that everything ends
But its okay
What matters is what we...
Seeking Peer Reviews

lia macalo (France) published:

The never moving boy

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

anything containing the following words in this order: drenched, aurora, blasphemy, miniaturised, and raindrop. (Honey_Cookies2009)

It was one of those rainy mornings the weather always offered during the cooling period of november. The sun had been covered not even minutes after it rose and it almost looked like the night had taken over again. The usually lively suburb was eerily silent, the regularly opened curtains from the two story houses were drawn and the frequent singing of kids was replaced...

Seeking Peer Reviews

A.clairie (Nigeria) published:

Curse of Aurora

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

I stood along the sandy road, at one with autumn's spiteful rain, as still as the very graveyard from which I'd emerged. Though water droplets mercilessly battered my skin, I was more drenched in the despair than anything else. If it weren't for my piteous zest to set my gaze upon the northern skies, painted in aurora lights, perhaps, I would not have been deemed an outcast, banished from my own home and relegated to dwell amongst corpses. Blasphemy, the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

lunaballoona (United States) published:

: describe yourself :

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

And there she stood. A girl with the deepest, darkest chocolate brown eyes, that if examined closer looked like the face of Mars. Long, upturned eyelashes lined her eyes, surrounded by dark eyebrows and a rounded nose. Most of the time her nose was shaded a quiet red. 
Her lips were thin and bright pink, and when she smiled you could see her fangs. The occasional red dot could be seen on her face, but it was clear that her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

toastyghost (United Kingdom) published:

the candle that dances

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

suddenly I am
lit
a breath, flicker in
flicker out
hold still...
then I move.

I am called to dance
to weave through the air
to sway like
I have no shadow
I dance and dance
but never tire never
die, I pause
when music swells and 
I sweat as the dance goes on
but I never falter
the light I cast
is mine to hold.

suddenly
my spine fails
blackened and burnt it falls
to ash
waxy sweat turns...

Death_to_the_letter (Australia) published:

The Council - Winter Skies

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

anything containing the following words in this order: drenched, aurora, blasphemy, miniaturised, and raindrop (Honey_Cookies2009)

Death stood at the peak of the mountain.

In the little light there was, he could see the world that was drenched in blue and silver underneath him, the moonlight casting small shadows along the snow, the infinite stars stretched along the void of the night forming patterns in his eyes. Where his eyes should have been. 

Beneath it all lay a tent,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Annie Locke (United States) published:

Desert's Beach

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

"Sorry, sire, I don't quite fancy for a back massage from talking alpacas." I said, glaring as I crossed my arms.
"Excuse me! Are you implying that my servants are alpacas?" Sire Lucifer, my father, kneeled down and looked me in the eyes. "That was not kind, Lucy. Apologize."
"Sorry." I mumbled, letting my arms fall beside my long tunics.
The three servants who were preparing me for a bath looked at me expectantly.
"Would you like a bath, at...

Keefe - Silveny

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

Prompt: a poem from the perspective of a burning candle, as it burns lower and lower.

Flame flickers welcome
But icy blasts of winter
Change bright snow to soot. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Hephaestar (Australia) published:

Hephaestus enters the scene.

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

(Write a description of yourself as if you were a character in a book.)

The latch on the door suddenly swung open, and in stepped a short, stocky boy. His face was one of determination, a tense brow shadowing his weary pewter eyes, with a sharp jawline and a jutting chin contrasting his rounder head shape. The boy held himself with an air of importance and faux confidence, pale face tilted upward and shoulders pushed back. A black blazer hung from...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Maddie Tabor (United States) published:

The Sky and The Sun

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

The window panes are drenched with tears from the sky. Why was she sad? How could she be so sad, yet shine with a beautiful aurora tomorrow in the north? Drip, Drip, Drop, the sky sang in a melancholy tone. As the sky sobbed, she lost her color. Soon she was a devastating gray, longing for the sun to shine. She longed so hard that she made her own sun. Crashes of lightning painted the sky purple,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7
1

KanjiKat (Canada) published:

Flame of Imagination

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

Touch the flame to smoldering wick,
Watch it spring alive.
Spread out your paper with gilded edge,
Wait for thoughts to arrive.

Pearly wax drips down in streaks,
Escaping golden pool.
Eyes see naught but hazy flame,
For writer's block has rule.

Inch by inch candle burns down,
Sweet beeswax permeating air.
Page is stained with black inkdrops,
But ideas have yet...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Wonder_Writer2 (Australia) published:

No stopping

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

There is so much to write about, I mean, we can write from fantasy to horror to comedy to a biography about a person to the humiliating humanity to death to life to animals to critters to a body to a lover to a romantic novel like Romeo and Juliet to pollution to Greenhouse gases to abusive families to peer pressure to disgusting governments to fights to assassinations' to dreams to failure to achievements to hatred to success to falling....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

WishfulKittyKat1 (United States) published:

Devil's Rain

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

Write anything containing the following words in this order: drenched, aurora, blasphemy, miniaturized, and raindrop. (Honey_Cookies2009)

My hair was drenchedin the unrelenting rain of an early summer storm. Somewhere alone the line, June 13th decided it needed all of the rain allotted for the next three months (months that were already shaping up to be filled with cracking earth and dust) and had taken it for itself, pulling together a storm that would awe the Gulf Coast...
Seeking Peer Reviews

4

roseus (United States) published:

MAIN CHARACTER SYNDROME [2 poems]

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

BURNING GO(L)D

big important content warning for: body horror, death, and. burn*ng alive

i was drenched in rain and
 sunlight and darkness over
 and over and over, sour and 
quick and greedy and my unwavering hunger was
 never satisfied. left and right and 
down and up. Tremble at the breeze because the beetles are 
crawling up, up, up your spine and i wished for up, up up, taller than the trees and
 toward the sky but my branches were stolen, ...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

its_just_Rose (United States) published:

In Here it's Rose

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

I glance at her from across the darkened classroom. She's about as mysterious as girls get these days. She doesn't speak much in this class and her dark eyes don't betray anything but a sense of amusement with the world. I'm not entirely sure what her real name is; it seems different wherever she goes. In here it's Rose.

Rose is a bit of...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

The Alegreya Queen (United States) published:

for the swifties and the supernatural

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

ALL of the prompts >:D

"Sorry, sire, I don't quite fancy for a back massage from talking alpacas." I said uncomfortably, getting up from the massage bed. "But-" he gestured in protest. "It's the specialty of our kingdom! You simply can't leave without trying one!"
    He pulled a llama aside. The llama had "KARL" written on his uniform in white letters. Soon, King Jonn back towards me, nodding. "Karl will give you the best, most expensive massage for free!" He...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

KateTheGreat (United States) published:

me

PROMPT: June 2022 Grab Bag

JUNE 2022 GRAB BAG: a description of yourself as if you were a character in a book.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: My real name isn't Kate. My username was actually inspired by a character in my novel, but for privacy sake I will just be using it as an alias. 

Kate was tall; at least five feet. But something about her, maybe the way she always scrunched over reading her book or her online comics or writing furiously, made her seem unusually...

Seeking Peer Reviews