All writing published for Op-ed Competition 2016. See Competition

Published writing

MEGANFLAHERTY (United States) published:

Scholarships for Low Income Students

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

College gives students great opportunities it would be a shame if some students can’t go even if it is their dream. Some students aren’t able to go to college because their families can’t afford it. That’s why colleges should give out more scholarships to students that are intelligent and live in low income families. There are programs that can help, most of these students are excellent workers and the students do want to go to college.
One thing that is...

ELIZABETH STAI (United States) published:

Equal Pay for Women

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Equal Pay for Woman
If the U.S. is a free and equal country, then why are women getting less money while doing the same jobs as a man?  Men and women should get paid an equal amount of money for the same job for all jobs everywhere around the country. The senate should pass a law to equal the rights of men and women when it comes to jobs.
    The first reason that we need to give equal pay...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Equal Pay for Women

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Equal Pay for Woman

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jazlin Vang (United States) published:

Argument Essay

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Jazlin Vang
Karin Hogen
Language and Literature
November 19,2015                 
Online Schooling Reserved for Students
Online schooling can help change the world.How you ask? Well, it can help you if you are gone anydays of the week and need help.You could have more time to do more things you need to do.Even if you are having a very busy day. So, White Bear Lake Public Schools should let online schooling for all days of the week when we have school.Most...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jazlin Vang (United States) published:

Argument Essay

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Jazlin Vang
Karin Hogen
Language and Literature
November 19,2015                 
Online Schooling Reserved for Students

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jazlin Vang (United States) published:

Argument Essay

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Jazlin Vang
Karin Hogen
Language and Literature
November 19,2015                 
Online Schooling Reserved for Students

Seeking Peer Reviews

CORTNEY KEELER (United States) published:

Limiting Standardized Testing

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

“If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn't be here. I guarantee you that.” Michelle Obama stated. In her quote, she means she didn’t succeed on standardized tests and if her future was determined on these tests, she wouldn't be here. Therefore, students shouldn't be forced to take so many standardized tests because it stresses students out.  
For instance, students get stressed out from taking standardized tests because they are forced to...

Limiting Standardized Testing

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

1

940384@isd624.org (Mexico) published:

Women Have Not Earned Their Rights.

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

First thing i'm arguing about is that women should be paid the same wage that men do. "What Jennifer Lawrence reveals about women and equal pay.”Jennifer Lawrence said this because Women are paid an average of 78 cents for every dollar a man earns. Page 1 Jennifer Lawrence said that women should be paid the same as men do because women do the same quality of work. This proves that women should be paid equally especially if they're doing the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

CHANCE JOHNSTONE (United States) published:

White Bear Lake is Shrinking

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

White Bear Lake is Shrinking 
    At least once a week in the summer I go in White Bear Lake on beaches or on boats. I’ve        notice a big difference in the lake and it’s community, the beaches have been shrinking which    makes people need to pay for that. Therefore we should do something about the water shortage because people are moving off the lake because of the high taxes.
    The first reason that we should help the water level in...

PAIGE SHAFER (United States) published:

White Bear Lake Water Levels

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Paige C. Shafer
Karin Hogen
Language and Literature
19 November 2015
White Bear Lake Water Levels
White Bear Lake. Seems like a great place. It’s one of the most popular cities in Minnesota. You can do so many things here. You can go to Downtown White Bear and go shopping like it’s a mall. You can go to the well known ice cream/food stand called Cup n’ Cone. Like every average city, They have problems and the kind of problem...