All writing published for Op-ed Competition 2016. See Competition

Published writing

2

Applecharm11 Starhorse (Singapore)() published:

I'm not different, I'm special

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

(I know the competition is over. But still, I wanted to take a chance to write on the topic of this prompt. I hope I can improvise a piece worthy to be read.)

We're all the same, are we not?

Humans, kids, children, people.

Beings who just want to be accepted. Who just want to be loved. Who want to be part of a community.

So why do you give me that look?

As if I do not belong.

As...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

pj_daughter_of_athena (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

My Opinion, My Story

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

I know I'm a girl and I'll say it out loud. I'm proud to be, I'm proud to be a girl.

I'll admit sports is my passion: football, netball, anything sport that pleases me. Piano is my chosen instrument I'm going into grade 3, I enjoy writing fanfic and writing anything down. But what does this have to do with my opinion?

Well... I hang around with guys who play sports and are popular yet they hang around me in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Colbalt52 (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

One Day

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Change- its a word we all use, but its a word that means many different things in many different cases. To me, change is a chance to make this world a better place for the people living in it.

Coming up with something I wanted to change about the way society works in England today wasn't easy because I had so many things I wish I could change. But, after careful consideration, I came upon one idea that stuck out the...

One Day

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

One Day

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Change- its a word we all use, but its a word that means many different things in many different cases. To me, change is a chance to make this world a better place for the people living in it.

Coming up with something I wanted to change about the way society works in England today wasn't easy because I had so many things I wish I could change. But, after careful consideration, I came upon one idea that stuck out...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

One Day

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

One Day

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

One Day

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

Roxy Stevens (United States of America)() published:

Nirvana

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

I am at a point in my life where I'm able to fight for what I believe in. I'm able to stand up to others. I'm able to speak my mind, and share what I believe in. I can scream my beliefs to the sky, to the world, even into oblivion. I am at a point in my life where I can fight for Liberty. For equality. For world peace. I am at a point in my life where I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Kara Webber (United States of America)() published:

Fragile Men

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

This isn't about a feminist putting down men. This is a feminist speaking up for men and supporting them. I should add- fem·i·nism /ˈfeməˌnizəm/. Noun. The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. Note that nowhere in the official definition does it state "Women who loathe men and other women and who believe women are superior". Sorry about that- just want to clear things up. Anyways, now...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Fragile Men

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

This isn't about a feminist putting down men. This is a feminist speaking up for men and supporting them. By the way, I should add- fem·i·nism /ˈfeməˌnizəm/. Noun. The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. Note that nowhere in the official definition does it state "Women who loathe men and other women and who believe women are superior". Sorry about that- just want to clear things...

1

lab_rat (Serbia)() published:

Fake

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Let me introduce you to a girl we will call Nina. Nina is one of those girls that has close to a thousand friends on Facebook, ten thousand Instagram followers when she follows only ten people and she always puts new snaps, every single hour on the hour. Nina gets up at around five in the morning, when she goes to school at seven thirty. Why? Well, she has a little routine she has to uphold every single day. She...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ZackvGCL (United States of America)() published:

[Please Help Me Decide The Title, I'm thinking: (Abortion Retortion), (Parental Rights Bites), (Action Contraction), but if you have something in mind please let me know]

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

One of the most decisive issues in society today is whether or not abortions should be permitted in the united states. Some are “Pro-Life”, which means they are against abortions, usually for the reason that it is morally wrong to end a life. Others can be “Pro-Choice”, which means they think the mother should be able to choose whether or not to have an abortion, because it is their child, and they are the ones that need to give birth...

3

Natalieh (United States of America)() published:

How Much Freedom Should Parents Give Their Children?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

For decades, parents have been hovering over their children and their freedom. Now these kids rebel, overuse social media, and disrespect their parents. These kids should be given enough freedom so that they aren’t on their phones every minute they are alone. Some reasons why parents should give their children a good amount of freedom is trust, kids are more likely to rebel if you don’t, and kids will be negative towards you.
    For starters, trust is a big...

Seeking Peer Reviews

IranettC (United States of America)() published:

Is Cheerleading a Sport?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Pompoms are  shaking and girls are chanting. We all know what that means the cheerleaders are coming. For a cheerleader as myself I always get asked “ is cheerleading even a real sport”? My response  is always “ YES stop asking me that question”.  There are two types of cheerleading. The first one is Competitive cheerleading. This contain some towns from all fifty states and thier cheer acadamy.Next is school cheerleading meaning only girls who cheer for boys sports.

The...

JustinO (United States of America)() published:

Being Rich In College Because Of Sports?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

We all love college football. But some people are trying to ruin it. Paying college football players is totally unacceptable. College football should be fun and exciting, and by paying the players, that could take it all away.
    These college football players are pretty much are already being paid. They are getting full ride scholarships of about $40,000 a year. They are getting paid with an education worth $40,000 to play football at a specific college. There have been...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MarisolJ (United States of America)() published:

Drug Testing On Students

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Since 2003 school districts have thought about random drug testing in schools. However not all schools have been in favor of this. Most students who do drugs don’t want to have this at their school because they think they will get in trouble. But the opposite could actually happen. They will have a chance to go to rehab and have a better life than they did when they did drugs.
    Students should get drug tested for their own safety...

Drug Testing On Students

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

2

Cynthya V. (United States of America)() published:

Should Home-Schooled kids be able to participate in sports at public schools?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Most of the public schools in the United States are letting homeschooled children play on their sport teams. But there are still some schools out there that believe that letting them play on their teams would be a problem. There are many reasons why I think we should let every single home-schooler participate in public school’s sports teams. For example, it will give the children a chance to make friends and meet new people. However, there are still some schools...

Drug Testing On Students

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

2

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Yosimar (United States of America)() published:

Is Graffiti Art or Vandalism?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Over the world and for a very long time,graffiti has been around us. Some people think it is vandalism. I disagree. It does come to an extent, but after all graffiti is a type of art.
    Graffiti has been around for a very long time. It has been known that for many years, people have been drawing on stones or walls. Many people believe that graffiti has no meaning and that it is vandalism. As said by former President of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Is Graffiti Art or Vandalism?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

Is Graffiti Art or Vandalism?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

Is Graffiti Art or Vandalism?

PROMPT: Op-ed Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews