All writing published for Quartet

Published writing

6
1

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Tough Girl

PROMPT: Quartet

She wore a jacket made of woven smoke. She brought skin to a boil with her stare. She stomped on souls and sidewalk cracks with the same indifference. And on Saturdays, she held her father's shriveled hand as he writhed in his hospital bed.

3

LArmstrong (United Kingdom) published:

He

PROMPT: Quartet

He doodled on paper napkins, built skyscrapers from straws, protected the world with a battered guitar, and ate olives every day.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

daria.a (Romania) published:

A character in 4 details

PROMPT: Quartet

Her eyes shone with curiosity, her hands were never still, she loved dreaming in her sleep and she loved making the words she wrote look pretty.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Angela Soria (United States) published:

Their Ends

PROMPT: Quartet

Sage Thistlefoot

She laid in a pool of wine and blood, her breathing grew ever more shallow. 
Her long silver hair swirled gently beside her. This was the end and she accepted it.

Vonda Silverfeather

She was silent even as the sword pierced her heart.
Her only regret was leaving her companions behind.

Lucius Fear

Water began to fill his lungs, he couldn't breathe.
He reached up to the light peircing the water's surface, before
his vision faded to black.
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Angela Soria (United States) published:

Their Ends

PROMPT: Quartet

Sage Thistlefoot

Vonda Silverfeather

Lucius Fear

his vision faded to black.
Seeking Peer Reviews

RockSugar98 (Singapore) published:

Tetra-faceted

PROMPT: Quartet

She ripped her eyes off her friend's lime-and-vanilla ice-cream using every newton of force running through her veins. One more opponent tackled to the mat, and she will tie a black belt around her waist. She slipped on a pair of lovely jasmine-stenciled turquoise wedges for half-price. Perhaps a cheap chocolate-deluxe double cone won't kick her out of her weight category. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

BluMoon (United States) published:

Cassandra

PROMPT: Quartet

Her hair was wild and dark as a storm. Desperation gleamed in the flash of her eyes and sparks flicked from her fingertips. She was about to make a choice. Looking back, it was never really a choice at all. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

DragonWrites (United States) published:

Alicia

PROMPT: Quartet

She let her breath catch her and slid shutters closed. Painting her nails electric blue, she sang to the stars on her ceiling.

1

DragonWrites (United States) published:

Alicia

PROMPT: Quartet

1

Stewart Worthington (Australia) published:

The Husband

PROMPT: Quartet

He closes his eyes, clenches his fists, opens his eyes and gone is his wife.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Robert Snider (United States) published:

The Sun

PROMPT: Quartet

He first was blinded by the sun, but then he learned to eclipse it. He moved on to travelling and orbiting around it, but then he ended up striking up a conversation with it.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

The Sun

PROMPT: Quartet

He first was blinded by the sun, but then he learned to eclipse it. He moved on to travelling and orbiting around it, then he ended with striking up a conversation with it.

Seeking Peer Reviews

hope peace & love (United States) published:

Him

PROMPT: Quartet

strong, stronger than you would think, but not in the way you think. He could make everything feel as if it where sunshine. Not being someone you'd pick as smart, but you couldn't believe how smart he is. His darkest secret could do more damage than you would ever believe, if you meet him. So dark he doesn't tell any one not even the people he knows and love

Seeking Peer Reviews

5
1

Tacita (United States) published:

Quartets

PROMPT: Quartet

Consurgia

She lived, content if not happy, dwelling in her corner of the universe. She loved, quietly and fiercely, keeping it to herself.

She died, silently.

She got back up, noticeably.

belladonna, bonny shears
She ran from home to hide underground, in more ways than one. She stole secrets, big and small, some to hoard and some to sell, and cultivated acquaintances as a horticulturist tends their plants; carefully, with distanced affection and keen calculation. And, as these things go, she...
Seeking Peer Reviews