All writing published for Quartet

Published writing

1

Hailey Duggirala (United States) published:

She left last night

PROMPT: Quartet

She never says goodbye. It's this rule she has-saying goodbye makes it permanent. Saying goodbye is messy. And so we never said goodbye, her and I. She packed her bags, quietly. She left in the dead of night, never the one for dramatic exits. I can't say I was surprised. Left without saying goodbye;she always does. Her hair ribbon is on the dresser. She always leaves something, for next time. It isn't saying goodbye, not really, but it's comforting all...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
4

Ellenrbnsn (United States) published:

the girl with skinny jeans and big glasses

PROMPT: Quartet

Her dreams reached the skies, yet she only scratched them in pencil behind the closed covers of worn notebooks. Waves danced at her glance, yet she only blamed the tides. Fire resided in her heart, yet she only avoided dark corners. Earthquakes shook inside her bones, yet she only ever lay in soft, white bedsheets. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Mgracel (United States) published:

Hiding

PROMPT: Quartet

She walked out the door and onto the water, laughing with joy at the beautiful scene. She conquered the waves until the sun fell. But she was hiding, and the sadness leaked out through her eyes.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Mgracel (United States) published:

Hiding

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

Mgracel (United States) published:

Hiding

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

rashurao (United States) published:

the boy of the dusky room

PROMPT: Quartet

Slender fingers will coaxe out secrets while his other hand caresses ivory keys. He will choke up locked doors and lies at the threat of steel- but his innocence will be secured by his knowledge of death.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

rashurao (United States) published:

the boy of the dusky room

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

lizharris (United States) published:

Broken

PROMPT: Quartet

Her hair and heart were black, the same. It wasn't that she was cruel or ill-willed; she was just too vulnerable. She had been, at least. Now she had walls. The walls were so high and tall that not a single soul dared to enter. That was the problem; she built walls to shut people out and then cried when she was alone. She was always alone. She was always tired. All she wanted was for someone to climb the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Sabitha Kiritharan (United Kingdom) published:

My Baby

PROMPT: Quartet

She was everything, he had always wanted to be. Her personality consisted of being strong, sassy but most of all stubborn like her old man. Even at deaths door, she kept on fighting refusing to succumb to the darkness. She was his daughter, his little baby girl and she was dying, and there was nothing he could do to save her.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

My Baby

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

erinsheckard38 (United States) published:

She

PROMPT: Quartet

She was absolutely everything, a spitfire tongue, quick as lightning, sharp enough to cut you with a single word. She was a girl with enough sarcasm to fill an entire room. She was bright and bold, unafraid of being such. She was everything, and she was dying.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

She

PROMPT: Quartet

She was absolutely everything, a spitfire tongue, quick as lightning, sharp enough to cut you with a single word. She was a girl with enough sarcasm to fill an entire room. She was bright an bold, unafraid of being such. She was everything, and she was dying.

Seeking Peer Reviews

EllaM (United States) published:

An

PROMPT: Quartet

He juggled his teaching and family by drinking a ridiculously large amount of coffee each day, which compensated for his lack of sleep. His gaze made it seem like he was always thinking; and he probably was. Although his initial demeanor suggested otherwise, he was actually easygoing. His humor was refreshingly terrible, mostly consisting of academic puns and incomprehensible rambling about philosophy.

EllaM (United States) published:

An

PROMPT: Quartet

He juggled his teaching and family by drinking a ridiculously large amount of coffee each day, which compensated for his lack of sleep. His gaze made it seem like he was always thinking; and he probably was. Although his initial demeanor showed otherwise, he was actually easygoing. His humor was refreshingly terrible, mostly consisting of academic puns and incomprehensible rambling about philosophy.

elaine.louise (Canada) published:

Mr. Belliveau

PROMPT: Quartet

Mr. Belliveau kept to himself and his stupendous moustache, leaving the people of that small Australian harbour to wonder about the state of his boat-house and the origin of the odd squawks that came from within it. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

rashurao (United States) published:

the boy of the dusky room

PROMPT: Quartet

Slender fingers will coaxe out secrets while his other hand caresses ivory keys. He will choke up locked doors and lies at the threat of steel- but he'll be gone before the next one dies.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

JustAnotherWriter (Ireland) published:

The Girl On the Staircase

PROMPT: Quartet

No one fully understood her, but no one really wanted to. To do that would be to destroy the beautiful enigma that she was - full of endless contradictions and unexplored universes.

This is my first published work here, the product of five minutes at a computer. Any and all comments greatly appreciated! xxx

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Crys Partridge (United States) published:

Um

PROMPT: Quartet

He heard, understood, acknowledged, and ignored each command and request.

She laughed at raunchy jokes and enjoyed R-rated movies, but chose for her friends those with the highest standards and hoped that their convictions would someday rub off on her.

Seeking Peer Reviews

caroline_swann (United States) published:

Phoebe

PROMPT: Quartet

A free, kindred spirit. 

Phoebe

PROMPT: Quartet

A free, kindred spirit. 

1
1

worldwithinapaperback (United Kingdom) published:

Dreamer

PROMPT: Quartet

She walked deep into the wilderness, humming a melancholy tune, laughed with the whistling wind and gazed at the moon.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Dreamer

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

indieX (Singapore) published:

The Indie Boy that caught my eye

PROMPT: Quartet

Skinny jeans paired with a classic hoodie,
Worn alongside a shirt that looks indie.
The unique vibe he gives out,
Without even trying hard to act out.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Anna Lang (United States) published:

and this is how you start over.

PROMPT: Quartet

She painted away her worries and sealed them into the wet, blank wall. She nestled her heart under the worn rug and whispered her secrets to the rustling willow outside the window. And at last she walked away, utterly satisfied that she had truly left everything behind. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Madz Mac (Australia) published:

The Little Flower Girl

PROMPT: Quartet

Shivering in delighted anticipation she stole a comforting glance at the roseate silk that adorned her delicate frame and gave a secret little wave to her brother as she prepared to toss the petals in her basket to the sides of the aisle.

Seeking Peer Reviews