All writing published for Quartet

Published writing

1

lyrathunder22 (United States) published:

Demons Run (the world)

PROMPT: Quartet

Each night, she:
Shed her armor.
Washed off the blood.
Dressed the stinging wounds.
And sharpened her blades in preparation for the next day.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

outwalkingthelights (United Kingdom) published:

The Start of Three Weeks

PROMPT: Quartet

She looked up into his eyes for the first time and knew she was home. He smiled, and it was so easy to smile back but it was clear that they were opposites. They argued as the others enjoyed their romances, and she didn't even mind losing for once, because he was kind and maybe she wanted him to be happy around her. As he walked her home his rough-smooth hands enveloped hers, shielding from the rain. This was the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Yashshree Raj Bisht (Singapore) published:

Sam Sliver

PROMPT: Quartet

Sam Sliver lives in a picket-fence house. Through all his 16 years on earth, he has gently rescued lost bugs, which helplessly crawl up arms and legs. He wears flowing skirts. He kisses his girlfriend every morning at the classroom door. 
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Bluebell Ladytwoshoes (Singapore) published:

Four Pictures

PROMPT: Quartet

He is musically inclined, vertically challenged, nerdy but cute, academically intelligent but lack common sense.

He is my friend, flaws and all. Though I'm still trying to figure out what i actually think of him, how i feel about him. Not surprisingly, it's the latter that i struggle with.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Angela Soria (United States) published:

Their Ends

PROMPT: Quartet

Sage Thistlefoot

She laid in a pool of wine and blood, her breathing grew ever more shallow.
Her long silver hair swirled gently beside her. This was the end and she accepted it.

Vonda Silverfeather

She was silent even as the sword pierced her heart.
Her only regret was leaving her companionsbehind.

LuciusFear

Water began to fill his lungs, he couldn't breathe.
He reached up to the light piercing the water's surface, before
his vision faded to black.
Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Jolenify (Singapore) published:

Cat

PROMPT: Quartet

He's playful, and cheerful; always by my side. His love for gaming resonates with mine. True to his nickname, he enjoys snuggling close to me. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to cats (and dating).

We'll need to keep our distance as friends.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Four Pictures

PROMPT: Quartet

He was musically inclined, vertically challenged, nerdy but cute, academically intelligent but lacked common sense.

He is my friend, flaws and all. Though I'm still trying to figure out what i actually think of him, how i feel about him. Not surprisingly, it's tthe latter that i struggle with. suseusedHeisuseuseHei

Seeking Peer Reviews

Four Pictures

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

Four Pictures

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

poppy (United Kingdom) published:

Olivia

PROMPT: Quartet

Lying on the cold floor, giggling, squirming, her auburn hair cascading round her face. The smell of liquor and cigarette emanating off her glowing body. A body of beauty, soft and slender to the touch her smile radiating off her gorgeous face.  A fashionable, sophisticated, cool girl, to all who knew her. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

SideraAmare (United Kingdom) published:

School

PROMPT: Quartet

She finished straightening her her hair. She put on her war paint and heaved the weight of her bag and of other people's judgement onto her shoulders. She then walked out the door and didn't look back.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jacqi Kelly (United States) published:

18 and Gone

PROMPT: Quartet

She looked around the place she had called home for the last 18 years, bag heavy on her shoulder and heart light in her chest. With a smile on her face, she turned away from the first 18 years of her life and walked towards a new chapter. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jacqi Kelly (United States) published:

18 and Gone

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

MyLifeThusFar (United Kingdom) published:

The optimist.

PROMPT: Quartet

She was told she was different, abnormal and strange. She pondered its meaning, thinking; is that good or bad? With a smile on her face, reaching her eyes. With that, she turned and strolled away.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

annieblev (United States) published:

Playing Dress Up With Fate: Intro

PROMPT: Quartet

She swallowed her pride, put on a dress, twirled, and gave in to the system they call life. Marigold was a city girl. Shopping at thrift stores, eating hotdogs from stands.... It never got old to her. But her parents. Oh, her parents are another story. They enjoyed the finer things in life. Galas, shopping at designer stores, fancy-schamcy (as Marigold would call it) restaurants with menus as big as the table. Marigold would always pretend she had plans with...

Seeking Peer Reviews

annieblev (United States) published:

Playing Dress Up With Fate: Intro

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

tejes121 (United States) published:

Things She'll Never Say Out Loud

PROMPT: Quartet

She tried to smile with tears in her eyes no one could see. Lost and scared, her heart ached for someone to notice her pain, for someone to comfort her. She tried to swim or at least stay afloat, but she could feel herself drowning. She gave in soon, and let herself be consumed by it all. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

sKRUwriting (India) published:

Wooden shoes.

PROMPT: Quartet

Her thin, muscular legs flayed to the rhythmic sounds of the piano. Arms swayed, stretched, reached out into oblivion and fell down gracefully to her sides. the music pulsed through every one of her hard-wired veins and her heart beat raced faster than the applause that rang in her deaf-to-the-world ears. She was one with her art and there she found her peace.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

ThatOneNerdyWriter (United States) published:

He Was There Again.

PROMPT: Quartet

There he was again, with his bushy merigold colored beard & pushed back hair, his tailored black suit was far too formal for him, his bulging arms barely fit into the petite suit & his voice was too raspy & rough. There was no way he would be able to become a businessman with that body he had.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

He Was There Again.

PROMPT: Quartet

Seeking Peer Reviews

Hogwartstudent (Canada) published:

Raven

PROMPT: Quartet

Her black braid rested on her shoulder as she read her favourite book for the tenth time. When she wasn't reading she was dancing. They were her twin passions. 

Bonnie (Ireland) published:

Spector Smiler

PROMPT: Quartet

He smiled, and it was a cruel and unnerving thing to experience. His soft, pale hand raised the head of the gun to his temple, and his wide, lilac eyes sparkled with the joy he'd always searched for. A click, a horrible crack, and he fell, and as the world ended, so did he.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Ow (Singapore) published:

Dust

PROMPT: Quartet

She holds her secrets, keeps her silences and averts her eyes; slips away, only leaving a trail of dust behind as clues to her past.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Nika (United States) published:

Guarded

PROMPT: Quartet

She was a cold, tough, guarded girl, and everyone knew it.  She never looked back, at destruction, love, friendship... She kept going forward. She dawned her long brown cloak with the green stitching proudly, and her tall, tan boots stretched up to her thighs. Her bow and quiver, both made of a strong, dark, maple wood were accented with silver swirls that danced across the weapon. Her hair, always tied up in a makeshift ponytail, barely touched her strong shoulders,...

Nerdy_Girl (Australia) published:

The First Kiss

PROMPT: Quartet

Her long dress flowing behind her while she leaves her dark, cherry chap stick behind on my lips. Her red heels are clicking on the hard-wood floor while she puts her dirty, blond hair into a tight poinytail.