This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

October Grab Bag

Full Details

Created by WtW writers, these one-liners will cast you into a stream of words—the aim is to write as much as possible without writer's block getting in the way. 

Please copy and paste the mini prompt(s) that you’re responding to into the writing field. 

Write . . .
  • about what kind of a person strangers would think you are if they only saw your room. (mirkat)
  • from the perspective of a window. You choose where! What does it see? Is it omniscient? (lochnessie)
  • a story that contains the phrase "Do you know what happens when frogs explode?" (Sonder Fen and Mead (#words))
  • a poem that is just three lines long, with an ABB rhyme scheme, in which the last two lines rhyme. (Written_In_Water)
  • a story where the first letter of every sentence is the next letter of the alphabet. (Just_A_Memory)
  • a poem that expands on the significance of a ray of sunlight. (Elodie Hart)
Want to submit your own prompt idea for a future Grab Bag? Do so here! If we choose your prompt, we’ll credit it to you!