All writing published for Unrelated

Published writing

Default avatar user icon

AngieCake (United States) published:

Comfort

PROMPT: Unrelated

Kailee ran through the forest, outpacing her friends easily. The sunlight filtered through the trees and painted the forest floor in shades of dusty gold and green. The leaves would turn soon, withering and falling to carpet the hard-packed path, but for now it was clear, and the air was warm, and Kailee felt like she could run like this for hours. Running was her escape, and with each step she pounded into the path she channeled her rage and...

Images 5

Jaden published:

Concrete Cries of Rain

PROMPT: Unrelated

Skyscrapers loom over the city that I once called home. Protecting me, like a raincoat, from the thundering skies. Never would I understand as much as I do now, that the rain thudding against high rooftops was a silent sob. Echoing from the clouds, crying over the city I believed was beauiful, until I found the truth. The skyscrapers shieling me used to be the forest's raincoat. Preserving the forest floor. But as I stared through shop windows, I realized,...

Whiterose
3
2

Trang Dinh (Vietnam) published:

The Heart

PROMPT: Unrelated

In the middle of the city stands a tall skyscraper. Recently built, it soon grabs the attention of investors and businesses. Many shops and brands fight for a spot in the state of the art. On top of that skyscraper, snuggles close to the corner, is a small cafe. The owner of the cafe must not expect profit, for it is so infinitesimal you can barely see it unless you look close enough, and usually only regulars can spot it....

Image

Ash (United States) published:

I'd Be Easy If We Weren't Related

PROMPT: Unrelated

I grab my black raincoat off the coat rack and head outside, slamming the door. I hear my sister yell from the door, "It's not even raining!" God, I hate her. Jane always teases me about everything: my short hair, the way I talk, even the way I dress. I LIKE my raincoat. It's light and unlike those frilly jackets she always wears, it has pockets that can fit more than a penny in them. It makes it easy to...

Coffee
4

Sasha K. Lotnikee (United States) published:

The Color of Fear

PROMPT: Unrelated

Mommy says we have to go to the dentist. I don't remember going there before, but Caylee, my best friend, says that it's scary. Really scary. But Mommy says, "We have to go, Sarah," so I guess we have to go. So I grab my favorite stuffed animal, a koala named Roscoe, and walk out of the house. Mommy gave me Roscoe for my birthday when I was two. I think it's cute. I choose my favorite flip-flops, the ones...

Coffee
1

The Color of Fear

PROMPT: Unrelated