All writing published for Friendship Narrative Competition 2016. See Competition

Published writing

1

renisha_g (Singapore)() published:

"100"

PROMPT: Friendship Narrative Competition 2016

The classroom closed in on Kate as she peered down at the flimsy piece of paper set in front of her, wishing it could disappear. Staring longingly out of the window, she wished she could free it from its hinges and watch the monstrous sheet flutter gracefully away from her and into the unseeing world. Or better yet, she herself jumping from the window and swaying gently into the wind, as to escape the cruelty inflicted upon her. Unfortunately, that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Julie Swei (United States of America)() published:

I Hid the Key Inside the Green Gummy Bear

Tears abstructed my vision and I didn't even try to blink them away. Let them fall, I told myself. My back pressed against the school's cold brick wall and my knees drawn up to chest level. I dropped my head down between my knees and observed the dark patterns my teardrops made on the dry, white cement. I was numb. It was cold, despite it being 12:04 PM, but no skin-deep frostiness could compare to my heart, which was gray and shriveling like the last leaf on a...

Aoife Gray (Ireland)() published:

1

D

Aoife Gray (Ireland)() published:

1

D

Aoife Gray (Ireland)() published:

1

D

purplpeanut (United States of America)() published:

Summer Dreams

I met him over the summer. I had been within the so called family of lifeguards for little over a month now. But the month had seemed like a year, because in one year we only had three months with each other if we were lucky. And three months passed by awfully fast. Mike, one of our good friends, had already left, saying that he couldn't handle the job that was thrust upon him. All of us were shocked when...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Applecharm11 Starhorse (Singapore)() published:

Wish Upon A Star

When I was little, my mother told me, that if I wished upon a star, the brightest one, my wish would come true. So I gave it a try. One night, I knelt outside my window, peeking out to find the star I wanted to wish on. I saw it. A star so dim, it glowed faintly against the others. That was the star I wanted.

I closed my eyes, the image of the star willed in my mind.

I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

lulumelon (United States of America)() published:

Beast of Burden

Sitting thigh by thigh in a cold college dorm, I had to get rid of the Beast of Burden.  

Her eyes bore into the computer screen in front of her, highlighting and deleting passages of mine that she deemed  "awk".  We had wrapped ourselves in cheap polyester blankets, the kind you buy wrapped in loose plastic bags, hand taped together from a hole in the wall Latino market.  My fingers gripped the spiked hot chocolate I had made...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

KyuniYatarasuRyu (Singapore)() published:

Mary Ann

Little Mary Ann was a very timid Elemental. She shied away from humans, afraid that her little gift would hurt them. And the uncomprehending humans pelted them. Not physically, albeit sometimes Mary Ann wished it were- it would have been better than the whispers that swirled around her, wherever she went. The waggling little pointy fingers that twisted in her direction, as if to mock her misfortune.

All the innocent child knew was that Humans were afraid of Elementals, and vice...

Christina N. (United States of America)() published:

That Day, a Part Of Us Died

...

That Day, a Part Of Us Died

...

That Day, a Part Of Us Died

...

1

Anna Lang (United States of America)() published:

Dear Will

I settled into my desk. I had everything I needed: a cup of fragrant tea, a knit blanket, my favorite pen and a stack of paper. But I just couldn't bring myself to begin. As soon as I let "Dear Will" bleed into the paper, I would truly be saying goodbye.

Will is do I say was now that he's leaving?- Will wasdevilishly funny, mischievous and had an ego so big I'm surprised it fit in his wiry...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

squirrelwriter (United States of America)() published:

Into Graphite

On Saturdays, we picture-jump. Right after Nona's dad brings up tater tots that slick our fingers with grease, my friend always pulls out her milk crate of photos and rifles through them. Her fingers smudge their shiny edges with indelible brown splotches as I recline on her armchair -- it's a ripped, old thing we've been writing quotes on since middle school -- and wait. 

But today, the cushions are swallowing me up, sucking at my arms and collapsing the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Harrington (United States of America)() published:

The Story of Us.

I woke abruptly to fingers intertwining with mine, I quickly looked up to see Drew waking up, responding to my hand on top of his. I glanced at the heart monitor to make sure I wasn’t dreaming, realizing I wasn’t I sprinted from the hospital room calling out for the nurse, “Hurry! Quick, I need help in here!” Nurses and doctors started to file into the room and… wait, sorry I'm getting ahead of myself let me start from the...

jcheville (United States of America)() published:

A Lover or A Friend

High school to some kids is the best time of their life; a moment in time where they can go out with friends on a Friday or Saturday night and go party it up. That’s what was with Timothy and Rashad. They were like all other kids in a small town, best friends since kindergarten and stuck with each other all the way up till high school. Rashad had long shaggy hair, the deepest dark brown eyes, in which no...

lecyteast (United States of America)() published:

From Friends to Family

Clark walked beside me swinging his bag of groceries as I watched the clouds between the passing hovercars. Poor orphans like Clark couldn't use the skyroad, because they couldn't afford hovercars. Despite that, he had SpeedSneaks; they doubled the user’s speed! He won them when Domica Industries was raffling them for free advertising. Domica Industries is literally everywhere; their logos are on all the hovercars, SpeedSneaks, HoloPads, clothes, robots, and buildings in the city! Clark activated his SpeedSneaks...

From Friends to Family

2

theillustratedmetaphor (United States of America)() published:

Talk

The phone call comes late, a buzzing of the cell phone under my pillow. I answer on the first ring, just in time to hear the line click shut on the other side.  

There's only my parents and one other number programmed into my phone. One number that has me programmed in too. 

And that's when I know it. An emergency.

I sit bolt-upright in bed. The sky is dark in the middle of the woods; even with a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

From Friends to Family

Seeking Peer Reviews

From Friends to Family

Seeking Peer Reviews

From Friends to Family

Seeking Peer Reviews

From Friends to Family

Seeking Peer Reviews

Wrighting_girl (United States of America)() published:

The Games

Jeremy was lying on the floor of the arena pinned down by Amy.  He felt the cold sting of the blade on his neck. He looked up at Amy. She had been his best friend since the first grade when they had first met. Jeremy had been in love with Amy since he had first laid eyes on her. “Amy why are you doing this?” Jeremy asked. “You know I have to.” Amy replied. “No Amy you don’t” Jeremy said....

The Games

Seeking Peer Reviews