All writing published for Food Writing Competition 2021. See Competition

Published writing

Cheesepizza1 (United States) published:

Cakes For The Starving (A Realistic Fiction Poem)- Inspired By A Real Life Issue Everywhere

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

A massive plate of nachos
Then a giant piece of cake
I can't eat it all,
I got a stomachache

Since tonight I didn't eat that much,
I threw most of my food away
Then I head upstairs to my room
I do my homework for the day

A random thought pops in my head
I waste so much food everyday
People are dieing each day because of starvation
"It's time to stop poverty" I say

I need to make...

24 minutes ago

1

The Ravenclaw Dragon (United States) published:

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Bucerias, Mexico
    José loved tacos. Tacos were literally his living- and he adored it. There were so many different variations, but all turned out beautiful- and delicious. José was thinking this as he made the beef & veggie taco sprinkled with cilantro. The smell of the spices wafted up to his nose, and if his nose could smile, it would've done so just then. The flour felt so nice and warm in his hands, holding on to him tenderly. José put the...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Bucerias, Mexico
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

1

Leo Lu (Australia) published:

British Blue

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Blue was hard to find in Hong Kong. 
Not on the rusty trams stuttering along the tracks, painting vectors across the streets of Admiralty. Nor on the lanterns that hung from rusting streetlights; a remnant of New Year celebrations, yet to be taken down. Neither was it on the occasional neon sign illuminating the alleyways, burning a quiet green. Brown, orange, green. 

The aroma from bakeries and cigarette smoke wafted into the dusty air, carried on the winter breeze. The...

about 4 hours ago

1

Leo Lu (Australia) published:

British Blue

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Blue was hard to find in Hong Kong. 

about 4 hours ago

3

Yellow Sweater (United States) published:

Spring Salmon in Skagit Valley

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

No Pacific Northwest family reunion is complete without salmon. The fish is placed at the center of the table, of the altar, slathered in dill and garlic. Gathered in a loose circle, artichokes, asparagus, arugula, crusty sourdough bread, mayonnaise, and lemon wedges, all bow to the King. It’s essential to choose the right fish. It must be fat, fleshy, and fresh. The salmon’s got to have a soul. It’s got to have the Skagit River still singing through its supple...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

writewithyourheart (United States) published:

I Love It!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

I love it
The melted cheese as you pull apart the toasty crust
I love it
The crunch as I bite into a chip
I love it
The juice that comes out as I bite into a watermelon
I love it
The tenderness of a juicy steak
I love it
The saltiness of homemade fries
I love it
The sweet taste of cheesecake
I love it
The chewiness of fried chicken 
I love it
The sugary flavors of ice cream ...

about 9 hours ago

Kennedi Smith (United States) published:

Effected Food

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Have you ever imagined what life would be like if we didn't get to consume all of the wonderful foods we do on a daily basis? If not, I suppose you might argue that everybody got a taste of it in 2020. Since our food supplies were impacted by safety concerns, the vast majority of people stayed at home which affected people eating routine. No more delicious fast food or or your favorite restaurant's signature dish that your stomach desires....

about 9 hours ago

2

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Tom threw his ingredients on the floor. Soggy corn, wet lettuce, and raw meat littered the floor. His mother wouldn't like the mess, but he didn't care. He sighed as he thought about what had gotten him into this. His mom and dad were going on their anniversary dinner and left him to cook for himself. Mom had said no unhealthy food, only a "dinner-time" food. Tom had said that he wouldn't get up to cook; that was silly! He...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

☃︎ KatelynsCupcakes ☃︎ (United States) published:

Food Is For Family

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

What is food? Whatever you eat for energy? No. No. No. Food is more than that. When you think of a country, you don’t just think about culture but you think about that country’s cuisine, too. Every food has a story. How was this food made? What does this mean to us? What does this mean to our family? So, what better way is there to bond as a family than food?
    Many families (including my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

1

Coco pebbles [ChildOfGod] (United States) published:

Your Cookies

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

I miss it. 
I miss it everyday. 
People try to perfect it. 
It’s never the same. 
You had your touch. 
We don’t. 
You had your secret. 
We don’t. 
You had your talent. 
We don’t. 
No matter how many times we do it, 
It’s never the same. 
Your touch. 
Your secret. 
Your talent. 
I miss it. 
The cookies you made were the things to look forward too. 
The taste is fading away as the years go by. 
The memory is leaving...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

4

LadyBug... (United States) published:

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

On my seventh birthday, my dad surprised me. He met me at the school's cafeteria for lunch. It was tomato soup, god how I hated the taste. I would really only get the soup for the applesauce that went along with it. My favorite color, pink, my favorite flavor, strawberry.  I devoured the sandwich and drank my milk carton anyway. But I would always throw away the soup.
    I remember my dad asking: "Slow down, child....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

1

Lohedami MOGBOLU (Nigeria) published:

The Origin of Egusi

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

EGUSI PREPARATION
 "
I was in my room while mum was getting things ready for cooking. As usual, I stayed in my room instead of going to join her. Soon enough, I remembered that dad always used to shout at my sister and I to always stay in the kitchen with mum. So, after having a mental battle with myself, I finally went to join mum and see what she was cooking and help in whatever way I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

1

Lohedami MOGBOLU (Nigeria) published:

The Origin of Egusi

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

EGUSI PREPARATION
 "

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

3

MayRoseKay02 (Canada) published:

From the farm to the table

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

Beef burgers, turkey burgers, chicken burgers, veggie, and fish burgers, we love them all. But do we really know how the meat for those burgers gets to our tables? Beef cows are born, raised, bred, and then sent to the house so we can have burgers, hamburgers/cheeseburgers. Turkeys and chickens are basically raised the same way, they're hatched, raised, bred, and then sent to the house. Veggies are grown and watered in order for veggie burgers to be...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

4

UmaimaKhan (India) published:

JOY OF THE RICH AND POOR

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

He walked miles and miles using the marred crutches he had, handed over the fifteen rupees (0.2 US dollars) he earned that day to the hawker, and received a trifling amount of dal(a spiced Indian lentil soup) and some steaming rice. It was exceptionally cold. He sat in the middle of the pavement, took the package out of the polythene, and deliberately unpacked the plastic box.  I saw the bliss in his face when he smiled at the steaming...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

2

bhumi (United States) published:

Extended summers

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

'Guess what I brought!'

4pm

My nani steps inside the threshold and even before she takes off her shoes she jumps to the contents of her suitcase. Before I can even open my mouth to speak the kitchen is swarming with the smells of Indian food cooking on the stove and a thickly scented pot of ginger, lemon grass tea is brewing, the water bubbles as it boils and sounds of laughter echoes through the living room door. Mamipours...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

4
1

Shayna Leng (Singapore) published:

Prawn Shells

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

I have always had a complicated relationship with prawns. When I was little, I refused to eat them - those little, plastic-skinned, cockroach-looking creatures! Truth be told, I was terrified by the way my aunt - a hulking six foot mass of intimidating matriarch - would seize up the prawn, steamed in medicinal herbs, and suck the juices from its skull. 

“You have no heart,” we’d say. 
“I do. I just ate the prawn’s, so it’s mine now.” she’d retort,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

2
1

Alessandra Tan (United States) published:

The Delicacies That Shaped Me

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

In the Philippines, balut is a delicious, mouth-watering, and savory delicacy.  The appearance may not look too appealing, but the taste is unforgettable.  Growing up in Manila, I always looked forward to coming home from school since my dad would always buy me balut.  I remember feeling so happy when I saw him carry a plastic bag, since I knew what it contained.  To open it correctly, you must place it on a table to see which side weighs more. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

New York, United States
   Tom threw his ingredients on the floor. Soggy corn, wet lettuce, and raw meat littered the floor. His mother wouldn't like the mess, but he didn't care. He sighed as he thought about what had gotten him into this. His mom and dad were going on their anniversary dinner and left him to cook for himself. Mom had said no unhealthy food, only a "dinner-time" food. Tom had said that he wouldn't get up to cook;...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Tacos & Love | A-Review-For-A-Review!

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

New York, United States
Seeking Peer Reviews