All writing published for Setting as Mood

Published writing

6

Sanjana Sunilkumar (India) published:

Many more blue skies

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Down, down, into the sea,
Someone’s pulling me in
Taking me more deeper,
To a world called underwater.

It’s not hard to breathe anymore,
The sea, she isn’t salty or sore
Her whispers seem like an enchanting wine,
Yes, she is divine.

Taking me to the deepest depth,
She has found her place in my breath
Caressed by her mighty tides,
It’s time to explore many more blue skies.

I am not afraid of my life anymore,
For she won’t...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

1

Glitter Guts (United States) published:

The Darkness

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

The dark. It's unknown. I realize that in the dark I'm blind. But when I'm blind Is when my mind starts to wonder. What if There's a unicorn.
  Or maybe a rainbow. Maybe the stars are suns. Millions of suns. The darkness keeps chasing me. I want the day to be longer but the darkness follows.
  I dream Of maybe one day The stars are my suns. I want it to be so bright I can see the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Odyssey (United States) published:

On Stage

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Diana waited with anticipation to walk onto the stage as the overture ended and the first act began. The blue velvet curtain rose, trembling, ever so slowly, and when it had fully risen, the stage was dark. Suddenly, the spotlight brightened center stage, the orchestra played their instruments louder and louder in a swell of emotion, and- amazingly fast- the cast came on stage, transforming the once barren area into a market square of a faraway country. The stage was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

alwayswriting (Germany) published:

I'm home

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

I can't believe I'm back. It has been a long time, but I am actually back.
This old little town has changed at little over time, but it all is familiar as it is has never changed. I walk down the cobblestone road, looking at how beautiful the trees have grown and how green they are now in summer. Closing my eyes, I take a deap breath and my lungs fill with fresh air and I smell a mixture of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Elle Urie (United States) published:

Carnival

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

The woman thought to the past.  The carnival that perhaps was once happy, but that now lingered on the edges of disregarded.  Something sad with falling structures on a weed-infested field.  The colors were muted into tones of gray and brown.  But what was perhaps the saddest of all of it; the children, well, teenagers, actually, that stayed at the place, because it was safer than their own homes.  The woman continued walking as she beckoned to the hiding eyes...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Zinnia123 (United States) published:

The Red Corsage

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

I was drunk and stumbling over broken glass, gum wrappers and the laces of my shiny shoes. It wasn’t a joyous inebriation; the stars seemed distant in the brown city light. I had made my way off the highway and was now walking through a filthy alley with a flower still pinned to my jacket. I had half convinced myself the alley was a short cut. But really, I just wanted to walk through a dark alley. I wanted to break my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4
1

love, analisa (United States) published:

Only The Sun Witnessed The Death Of A Star

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Sawyer knew Levi was dead. Sirens blared in the background as he stood in the middle of the wreck, the warm summer air curled around him like an unwelcome hug, and brought the hot scents of burned rubber and blood to his nose. The August heat crawled up his back, as he surveyed the damage, and humidity's sticky hands left its fingerprints beneath his shirt as he stood surrounded by the mangled metallic bodies of cars. In the golden light...

2
1

writing_is_art (Ayushi) (Canada) published:

Unsettled

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Nostalgia hit Gabriel like a punch to the gut. The willows with broken tree branches grew close together, friends leaning against one another, as if to protect their secrets from strangers. The air carried with it the hint of smoke, the remnant of fires that had long since burned down everything familiar to him once. Peculiar signs of spring blossomed throughout the underbrush, vivid greens and yellows, off-putting in the eerie domain of the Badlands. A breeze played in the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Maya'sTired (Canada) published:

Jayden

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Jayden awoke midair, falling as softly as a feather, their cloak and scarves billowing around them alight with protective magic.
    Small tufts of louds were being herded along by the wind under Jayden's feet, and from this perspective, the clouds seemed to dance along just as sheep would. However, these sheepish clouds didn't move over hills, but over forests. It was a tall, deep, dense forest that sprawled out onto the horizon, even from the skies. Thin rivers went searching...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

maryse (United Kingdom) published:

Beneath the Oak

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Write a scene with emotional undercurrents

EXT. - DAY

Our setting is a broad field, a sunny meadow with a few distant trees around the edge and harsh sunlight.
KIRA ruffles through a bag. The pair sit sprawled on a picnic blanket. FINLEY is using a pair of binoculars to watch birds wheeling in the sky - it's an idyllic, cloudless blue. They sit beneath a large tree.

Kira
Did you pack the sunscreen?

Finley
 ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Aconite (United States) published:

Free

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Someday she would hold her baby again. The woman watched the autumn wind sweep over the Canadian plains, rushing along the grassy slopes of her new home. A flock of birds flew free against the breeze, heading South. South towards her old plantation. But they were free to come and go, and she must stay in the North. The wind danced around her curly black hair as she rocked on the porch. The wind brought the grassy autumn...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Aconite (United States) published:

Free

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

TianEn (Malaysia) published:

Empty But Not Gone

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Gideon was all alone now.
The little cottage was still there, standing quietly in sunshine, motes of dust swirling as they used to do. The clearing was quiet and empty, only the faint forest sounds and water running in the distance. The herb garden, full of fragrant leaves, still stood behind the house. Everything was as it had been. Only his grandfather was gone. The cottage was empty.
Gideon sat on the edge of the doorway and stared out at...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jasminandnightsky (Malaysia) published:

The Stars are Frozen in the Sky

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

He knew it was going to end soon.
He wandered under the boughs of green needles laden with snow and encased in ice. Their green was muted and dull, like the ice they were surrounded in leached all the vibrance out of them, leaving behind shells of their true color. Everything was like that; muted and dull. The silver-grey moonlight filtered through the needles, casting finger-like shafts of light across the deep shadow that lay under the pines. Where the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Izzycat15 (United States) published:

Morgan's decision (edited version)

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Morgan felt the weight of the choice she was being forced to make. She strolled outside, gazing at the night sky. The clouds rolled in and cover the sky like an old blanket. The  patches of moonlight that shone through illuminated bright fields of sunflowers. Slowly the sunflowers began to gaze heavenward too. As if the stars had the answers to all her questions, but refused to reveal them. As soon as the light shone through, the blanket covered it...

1

0.Annie.0 (United States) published:

Blissfully Chaotic Silence

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

She, a tall sun kissed soul, he a stout spirit with sea washed eyes lie there. Billions of miles apart met with tradegy asking how I belong to a world that doesn't want me. His, a pitch black sky riddled with tiny sapphires and jewels to far and too wild to be locked away in vaults. Hers, a faint glow of fire on the horizon rising at its on pace bleeding gold and hues of orange and emotions of pink...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5
1

Jasminandnightsky (Malaysia) published:

The Stars are Frozen in the Sky

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

He knew it was going to end soon.
He wandered under the boughs of green needles laden with snow and encased in ice. Their green was muted and dull, like the ice they were surrounded in leached all the vibrance out of them, leaving behind shells of their true color. Everything was like that; muted and dull. The silver-grey moonlight filtered down through the needles, casting finger-like shafts of light across the deep shadow that lay under the pines. Where...

Seeking Peer Reviews

8
2

~wildflower~ (Australia) published:

in a place of endings

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

She was beginning to realise that the world was moving on. Bright blades of grass were already enshrouding that settling rectangle of dirt, shamelessly reducing an exquisite lifetime to no more than another blank existence. Car horns pierced the still air as commuters impatiently resented even the inevitable moments of waiting, anxious to continue pushing through each moment. She looked around at the cracked, dirty headstones that littered the hillside: the only remnants of the discarded souls that had once...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

sophiethesinger (United States) published:

Justina and the Waterfall

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Justina wished there could have been any other way. As she tread along the deserted path to the pristine Holloway
campus which had walls lush with green ivy, she cried softly to herself letting the pain of the past and worst, the pain of the present come open like a floodgate through her swollen, crusty eyes. She held her face in her hands, not caring that she looked ridiculous because no one was there. He wasn't there. She was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MayRoseKay02 (Canada) published:

Vacation on the horizon

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Corey walked into her hotel room. The hotel was one of the most expensive in the state, and Corey could see why. The bed was big, king size big, with plush pillows and soft thick blankets that were amazingly warm, the room's color theme was blue and teal, the perfect colors for a hotel room, the blankets were blue and the pillows teal. The lamps were bloted onto the head board, the lamp shades were a shade of blue, baby...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MayRoseKay02 (Canada) published:

Vacation on the horizon

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Alexander :) (United Kingdom) published:

He's Normal Now

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

I walked the river bank slowly, the patch where it happened just coming into view. The branches above me rustle their leaves in the wind, whispering to one another as I walked by. There goes Evan Wallace. He broke his promises. His best friend died because of him. Look at him now, dragging his feet. He goes to pay his respects. We know. We saw what he did. Who he is. Betrayer. Murderer.

The river babbles next to me, and starlings...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

He's Normal Now

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Seeking Peer Reviews

He's Normal Now

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

He's Normal Now

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

I walked the river bank slowly, the patch where it happened just coming into view. The branches above me rustled their leaves in the wind, whispering to one another as I walked by. There goes Evan Wallace. He broke his promises. His best friend died because of him. Look at him now, dragging his feet. He goes to pay his respects. We know. We saw what he did. Who he is. Betrayer. Murderer.

Seeking Peer Reviews