Created by WtW writers, these one-liners will cast you into a stream of words—the aim is to write as much as possible without writer's block getting in the way!
Please copy and paste the mini prompt(s) that you’re responding to into the writing field.
Write . . .
Want to submit your own prompt idea for a future Grab Bag? Do so here! If we choose your prompt, we’ll credit it to you!
- about what you imagine your hundredth birthday party will be like (by SunV)
- a piece using only lyrics from songs (don't forget to credit each song and songwriter in the footnotes) (by lemonnsharkk)
- a myth that explains why the sky turns black at night (by AstroWriter)
- a poem using your favorite line from your first piece on Write the World (by cranevarnish)
- a story from the point of view of your (or a friend’s) pet (by Izzycat15)
- a classic children's story with your own plot twist at the end (by FantasyOtter)
- a poem that incorporates three words—one that your friend would use to describe you, one a family member would use to describe you, and one YOU would use to describe you (by Lady Secretive)