All writing published for Writing Resolution

Published writing

7

Minvra (United States) published:

I am a Writer

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

“Are you ready to become a writer?” 
I fingered my puffed sleeve and gulped for moisture. Her yellow eyes assessed my white blouse and knee-length skirt. Like a realtor would inspect a house and search for stains and pee-stained walls. Her makeup was light, and her brown curls tied loosely in a braid. At the neck, wrapped a loose scarf. 
Nia West.
Within one word, and one letter; her stories wrapped its tendrils around the reader’s eyes and they’d forget...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Miles student203 published:

What Lies Ahead

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

"What's Mine?" When I think about what that means in my head, I think about my future. The one thing only I can control... the only thing that's really mine. I think about how my future is a mystery until I come across it. I ask myself if I shape my future, or if its already destined by a higher power. I ask myself, with the pace i'm progressing in now, will I be a somebody or a nobody. With all...

1

Đåínþý_Øbľìvîöņ (United States) published:

What Is Mine By: Đåínþý_Øbľìvîöņ

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

What is mine? 
My stories?
My thoughts?
My stuff?
Well, funny thing is, none of those are the answer.

I think that everything that I can make is my own...my life is my own. No matter how many people may sway my thoughts or beliefs, my life is mine and I can make it into something that is different from other people. What is mine is something no one can copy and something that no one can break.
My life...

Miles student203 published:

What Lies Ahead

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

Miles student203 published:

What Lies Ahead

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

1

Elaina Carter (United States) published:

PLEDGE

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

A New Years’ resolution is to be kind and not hold grudges. For a while, I struggled with being kind to people once they became my best friend. I would talk to them with unkind language as if they weren’t important. I have to work on being kinder to people because eventually, they won’t want to be my friends anymore. I would also hold grudges. If someone said something I didn’t like or do something I didn’t like, I would...

Seeking Peer Reviews

michael.z (United States) published:

My Goal For 2021

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

2020 was a terrible day that trapped us in our houses for many days, weeks, and even months. While this was such a terrible thing, it opened up many opportunities for athletes to train in the longtime off. This is what led to deciding my goal for 2021. My goal for 2021 is to train for hockey at least 5 days a week, and you may ask why not 7 that will make you ten times better. My answer to...

michael.z (United States) published:

My Goal For 2021

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

14

Starlitskies (Sri Lanka) published:

The Crime in Writing

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

I want to write without guilt. 

I want to sit down at my laptop, type away and let myself succumb to the words inside me, spinning off in search of unmarked coordinates in unspecified directions. I want to write without the angel on my shoulder asking me why I'm sinning. What are you doing? Do you want to fail? Do you? D o   y o u? I want to ignore her voice and pin words together with asterisks without the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

18
1

Yellow Sweater (United States) published:

Ur and the Encyclopedia Britannica

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

On the other side of my tiny town is one of the most well respected poetry presses in the country, Copper Canyon. I have been told I have what it takes to make it all the way, the whole seventeen blocks. But seventeen years have come and gone. And even the three blocks to the grocery store feel like an odyssey of epic proportions. 

It’s funny how we measure life in blocks. We turn even the most mundane measurements into...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Miles student203 published:

What Lies Ahead

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

5

Halopoet (Pakistan) published:

The Perfect Story

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

In my favorite book "All the bright places" the main character wishes to write a song that changes the world before he dies.
Likewise, my writing resolution is to write something new and unique that adds a different element in art, that breaks the stereotypes and changes perspectives about common yet wrong things. I want to make my writing so real that it gives the reader a sense of belief that this story can be true, it might be someone's...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Figwit (United States) published:

Live

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

My goal for 2021 is to live fully. To let all those around me know how much I love them, because there's no guarantee that I'm going to live past tomorrow. There's no guarantee that they're going to live past tomorrow, either. I want to grow in my faith and live by God's will. I want to shine Jesus' love to everyone, regardless of age, social views, or beliefs. There's no way to know the number of my days, but...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sabina Cheban (United States) published:

New Year's Resolution

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

My New Year's Resolution for 2021 is to have a more positive outlook when things aren't looking good, also to step out of my comfort zone and try new things and make new friends and not be so socially awkward or introverted. Also i would like to start reading some more books and expand my imagination and creative side, along with trying harder in school and raising my grades. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

AliMuscles04 (United States) published:

Resolutions

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

1. My original plan was to either finish or be close to finishing Brainwashed before I turned 17, but, since that's in sixteen days, I don't think that's possible. So, I want to get it done (or close to it) by the end of June. 

2. Do more research, and probably more outlining, before publishing pieces. 

3. Get more sleep. I know that doesn't exactly have to do with writing, but I sometimes don't sleep in hopes that I'll think...

1

Alias 3 (Australia) published:

A Daring Embrace

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

My dad once told me to never make promises.
I guess it's because he believed in the sanctity of giving your word.
​I do too.
To him the only way to protect the honour of your word was by being realistic and not giving it at all.
But I'd throw caution to the wind for the resolution of love.

I choose to seek love.
Not romantic, surface deep but real, unconditional love.
I won't run from it.
I won't force...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Zirong (Singapore) published:

Things That Must Be Done This Year

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

Just wanna put these simply haha:

1. finish my 30-chapter semi-fictional memoir thing & translate it(I'm currently stuck at chapter 3 lol)
2. write more poems and write them in a new way
3. write in more unfamiliar genres 

Happy new year everyone, and happy writing <3!

4

Dragonfly (Germany) published:

Writing Resolution

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

I want to write. Nothing specific. It will be enough if I do finally write. Write without fear or doubt. I want to write so the stories within me do not weigh me down anymore, but will be transferred on paper. I want to write, because those stories are oscillating inside me and keep returning keep returning returning returning
I want to write whatever is inside my mind. No matter what will be the product. I will judge of course...

4

SunV (India) published:

In progress

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

Don't write more, write better.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

alex santiago (United States) published:

New Years Resolution

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

Year after year I set expectations and seem to fail to meet them. Whether because of the ludicrous levels I set them at, or my own indolence; they habitually are not completed by the time a year came around. This year I challenge myself to start things when they are presented to me and with the most gusto.

An underlying issue of my previous goal is that I was constantly questioning the feasibility of CAN I do this? This year I challenge...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

SamRose (United States) published:

My Writing Goals

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

These are my writing goals for 2021: 

1. To just do it! I procrastinate writing and get so busy that I rarely meet my writing goal. 

2. Type without looking at my fingers. I feel like I don't even really need to, it is just a bad habit by now.

3. Sit up straight. I get aches in my back and spine a lot lately from writing while slouching and looking down. 

4. Write a first draft of a book....

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

BriRiley (United States) published:

My writing goals for 2021

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

My goals are not anything extraordinary or necessarily hard, these are just some things I’m working on as a new writer. So I pledge to finish these goals and hopefully use them in my future writing.

1. The first goal is to be more focused when I’m writing, I am homeschooled and s o I’m always around my family which I love but it’s really easy to get distracted by all the noise around me. 
  2. second is to finish my writing...

Pavlo Korol (Ukraine) published:

Hey, Brother!

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

Hey Brother,
How is your life going? Still working for that company you wanted to leave a long time ago? Listen or maybe I'd better say read, I know how hard it is for you to live almost on your own. Undoubtedly, you do borrow some money from our parents, aunty alongside our uncle and of course our grandparents. At times, you even require money from me and you successfully go fuck yourself as I tell you that no money...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20

Paisley Blue (United States) published:

amen || where i want to be

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

look at me, look at me, look at who
i wanted to be - i'm so far away from her now.
standing in the dream-girl's place is a glass about
to break. but i mend myself, i
mend myself 
and maybe that means it'll be okay.
i lift my head to the moon and cry out
against the changing of the tides, yet
i can't seem to wait to shed my skin and
move on.
i want to free...
Seeking Peer Reviews

journal.scribbles (United States) published:

Does it still count as a New Year's resolution if it's two days late?

PROMPT: Writing Resolution

2021 will be the year that I begin to listen to myself. To a probably somewhat unhealthy extent, I've always shut myself up. I've had a tendency to suppress my emotions, adapt my views, and conform who I am to fit external expectations of me. I am done with that. This year, I'm going to stop fighting myself. I'm not going to silence my doubts and insecurities anymore, because I've been there and done that. It doesn't work. I am...

Seeking Peer Reviews