All writing published for Book Review Competition 2021. See Competition

Published writing

3

A Certain Type of Decisive (United States) published:

Complimentary Colors

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

Like most girls my age, I’m obsessed with the balance of being both beautiful and threatening. I look in the mirror and wonder if I am enough to unsettle those around me and scare away predators-- to protect myself. Yet, I can’t bring myself to wear hair in my face. I refuse to try and blend in with the background-- I’m too vain. That’s why I found myself reaching for that bright yellow book with purple pages and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

BillyJoeBobTheThird (Canada) published:

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

The most renowned and sought-after book in the world. The timely classic which took flight in our hearts. This story has been an absolute game-changer to everyone’s lives. Yes, this touching tale is The Great Gatsby.
    Written by a Princeton student and a soldier who served in World War I named F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby is a story taking place in the Roaring Twenties (the period of time after the war when the United States became ostentatiously...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

writing_is_art (Ayushi) (Canada) published:

Of Vice & Violence

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

Six of Crows- Leigh Bardugo 
Thriller, Action, Adventure
13+

“When everyone knows you’re a monster, you needn’t waste time doing every monstrous thing.”
In Six of Crows, The winding streets of Ketterdam carry with them mystery, deceit and half-truths; where gangs squabble over the ever-flowing coin of tourists and trade happens in everything from flowers to flesh. A den of vice and not nearly enough virtue is where the story of Kaz Brekker opens. Seventeen year old Dirtyhands, infamous...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

TigerCat (United Kingdom) published:

“Monday’s Not Coming” by Tiffany D. Jackson

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

“This is the story of how my best friend disappeared. How nobody noticed she was gone except me. And how nobody cared until they found her ... one year later.”

Monday and Claudia were inseparable, best friends, like sisters. But when Claudia returns from her summer trip, Monday is nowhere to be seen or heard of. Claudia’s mother assures her that Monday is sure to turn up to school at the start of the week. But she isn’t there on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

alex.the.bookish (United States) published:

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue - Immortality, Memory, and the Importance of Dreaming

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

"Never pray to the gods that answer after dark."

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue is an incredibly poignant book about immortality, love, stories, and art.

"Books, she has found, are a way to live a thousand lives--or to find strength in a very long one."

Addie LaRue is an unforgettable heroine. A girl longing for more in life, she makes a deal with the devil- Luc- that renders her immortal, but unable to be remembered or leave a mark...
Seeking Peer Reviews

4
2

Ren(hiatus) (Pakistan) published:

Wanna know about Achilles? (Draft 2)

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

A young Greek hero Achilles and his young companion Patroclus if these names sound familiar you've probably read about greek mythology. Though if you haven't, today is your lucky day because the book I'll be covering is "Song of Achilles" by an author called Madeilline Miller.

Now let's move onto the genre of Song of Achilles. It is a historical fiction novel based on greek mythology. Though this doesn't focus on all the myths but only on the story of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

SunV (India) published:

The moment I met what life truly meant

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

In life, we like stability. So when Jasmine's life is pulled out from beneath her feet, how does she cope with it? And on top of everything going on in her life, she has to put up with you, Matt Marshall. 

Romance lovers, here's your must-read of the century. Shove aside Romeo and Juliet, forget James and Lily, for this is a book you will not want to miss. Not your average novel, it dives into self-discovery, and learning that...

Seeking Peer Reviews