All writing published for Memory Object

Published writing

1

Sonder Fen and Mead (#words) (Malaysia) published:

Scraps of Sky

PROMPT: Memory Object

I held the tattered, weathered, and faded pieces of fabric in my hands.

The material was coarse and threadbare, strands of blue handing from the edges of the many holes. Darker patches here and there suggested were stains once were or still was. A bit of the hem lay in my palm, the silver stitching still as bright as when it was first tailored.

I knelt and slowly set the pieces down beside the others, gingerly arranging the...

2

Spade (United States) published:

Snoopy

PROMPT: Memory Object

How many of us know snoopy? I know that Snoopy is probably my favorite character from The Peanuts. now, you may be wondering: Luka, what does Snoopy have to do with anything? Well, One of my plush toys that I simply could not let go of is a Snoopy toy. It used to be my papa's (my mom's dad's), but he slipped into the clutches of death a while ago. Christmastime can still be hard, though, because that's the last...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9

Awesome Sienna (Australia) published:

Those Wonderful things called Books, Specifically a Certain Book.

PROMPT: Memory Object

Books. Those ones about a red head girl. I've read them and reread them millions of times. I've had that series for ages. They take me away to another time and place. Those kindred spirits that feel so very real to me. The adventures of like minds. The laughter the pain and the tears. The songs the joy and the hurt. I feel their suffering and I feel the rejoicing. When I pick any one of them up, I feel...

Seeking Peer Reviews

12

Dmoral (United States) published:

VHS Tapes

PROMPT: Memory Object

fat-fingered daughter pushes the tape in the VCR, an act that'll
grow as she does; and those disney princess movies were reruns
anyway, they're no glittery remakes.

& she'll reminiscent about it, her fingers leaving prints on a window,
sitting in the back seat of the truck her father adores as much as her;
you'll never know, what it's like, holding a second job on weekends 
'cause your papa needs help when your brother's not around.

ordinary norms becoming incomprehensible...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

bunnytoo (United States) published:

Ginger

PROMPT: Memory Object

Ginger wasn't very strong.
Granted, he wasn't very fast, or smart, or... a lot of other things. He was mostly dragged around, with tiny hands who never let him touch the floor (not counting when he slipped off the bed at night from my tossing and turning - sorry, Ginger). He just kinda sat there, all floppy with an ever-present small smile on his face. 
But he was good at some things.
He gave great hugs, and he was the...

bunnytoo (United States) published:

Ginger

PROMPT: Memory Object

Ginger wasn't very strong.
But he was good at some things.
He gave great hugs, and he was the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Yes_iKnowimShort (United States) published:

I Will Never Forget...

PROMPT: Memory Object

I will never forget the first time that I saw her... Juliette. She was crying because she felt bad for me. Her sister didn't want me. I remember when Mama picked me up and put me in her arms. Her eyes lit up with joy. She didn't know how to talk yet but I knew what she was thinking. I agreed. I think that we'll be friends forever.... 

Years have gone by and Juliette has grown into a...

3

agathokakological (United States) published:

You Sit Upon My Disheveled Bed

PROMPT: Memory Object

You sit upon my disheveled bed
The soft green fabric bright against
my starch white pillows

What have your eyes seen?
I wonder
What have they observed
over the years?

Have you watched me as I
ran around with a towel tied to my back as a cape
pretending to be superman
Have you watched me as I
swung the lightsaber around in circles
pretending to be a warrior
Have you watched me as I
jumped off the bed,
trying...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ashlianna Peters (Australia) published:

The Box

PROMPT: Memory Object

"Open it" he says. 
I stare at his torn knuckles and dirty fingers that encircle the box. he lays the box on the palm of his hand and offers it to me. I shake my shaggy brown hair, dirt falls from it to my shoulders.
"are you kidding me?! you open it." i say shoving his hands back. Lucas sighs, fingering the little copper lock, rusted and broken from years of living underground. 
"we're not getting anywhere, Ash. please. just...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

DalDemon (United States) published:

Within Silence

PROMPT: Memory Object

The lack was piercing.  Silent shrieks sunk their claws into Desia's ears, and bloody scenes of brutal sadness flashed before her eyes when she closed them.  She tried not to blink so the pictures couldn't torment her, but overriding her eyes' instincts against dehydration proved impossible, and the world occasionally changed for a moment to become horrific and terrifying.  Desia's body entire body quivered in fear.  But between glimpses of violent sorrow, she searched for a savior; a dry...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

DalDemon (United States) published:

Within Silence

PROMPT: Memory Object

Seeking Peer Reviews

10

gabsie (Poland) published:

Fluttershy

PROMPT: Memory Object

The pencil case was pink. What other colour would grace the pencil case of a five-year-old girl? It was a shy pink, not one to hurt your eyes and demand attention, but one to slowly creep its way into your heart with its softness and a glitter speck decor.
    On the side sat a Fluttershy, a magenta flower separating her from the background. She looked just like the one I saw on tv, while I sat in grandma's yellow chair. My...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Scraps of Sky

PROMPT: Memory Object

1

val.z (United States) published:

an object of interest

PROMPT: Memory Object

there’s a paper crane, pinned to the wall. it’s bright orange, made from extra unwanted origami paper (i don’t like orange it’s too loud, much like younger siblings). it just sits there, unmoving day to day, pinned to the wall with a matching bright orange pin. it’s a bit crumpled, although the maker doesn’t really care. im sure it wishes to fly away, to be free, but it’s just paper, and it can’t. there’s a japanese legend, and it says...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jose Mercado (United States) published:

Cross

PROMPT: Memory Object

There was once of a time where I have seen my sister wear a cross necklace around her neck. She would wear it all the time no matter what. Then one day, I decided to ask her about the necklace and she said if I wanted to keep it. I said hell yeah and put the cross necklace around my neck. Ever since that day,I had never took it off and I plan to keep it to myself for now....

1

Jose Mercado (United States) published:

Cross

PROMPT: Memory Object

8

Ellington Stone (United States) published:

California: Est. 1850

PROMPT: Memory Object

It was just a sweatshirt, a simple hoodie. Maroon red, sort of scratchy, with little balls of gray fabric stuck to it from the laundry. As a size medium, it was just slightly to big for Aubrey's frame. Some would even call it frumpy. She'd gotten it in the Oakland airport when she was 12, right next to the section with Athletics fan gear.
    Scrolled across the front, in large, thick, white lettering, was California: Est. 1850. That...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Gary student215 (United States) published:

Game Day Football

PROMPT: Memory Object

My prized possession is a gameday football. This ball was given to me by former eagles head coach Andy Reid. Andy Reid and my father are good friends and Andy Reid went on to win a superbowl with the Kansas City Chiefs. This is my prized possession because game day footballs show respect and value in a game and to get one was an honor. It made me think about how importance travels and changes throughout objects and people. Each...

1

Game Day Football

PROMPT: Memory Object

7

Yellow Sweater (United States) published:

The Little Quilt

PROMPT: Memory Object

The blanket folded neatly at the bottom of my shelf is a patchwork one. It’s pieced together from tidy squares: bright pinks and pastel blues and little boxy animals. Coloring the very geometric lion's mane, is a discreet dose of yellow. The blanket has been folded and dusty for quite some time. It’s been canonized into an emblem of innocence, rather than tossed carelessly over the bed like the honest breathing thing. But I like it there, sitting on my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

redDolphin1028 (India) published:

The Instrument Sleeps Here

PROMPT: Memory Object

The instrument sleeps here in her room a quiet, glorious beast shining in ivory and ebony. Its slate smooth surface, cold and soft like the wood pulp from which it is carved, collects floating dust as it stands there still during the long nights, like an ancient relic. The keys, weighted and white like marble with thin black buttons rising above them, span the length of the board. The board is propped up on strong black legs which roll on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

greentealeaf (United States) published:

full length mirror

PROMPT: Memory Object

shiny white frame,
resting slanted on the wall. 
an uncanny reflection stares back at me. 
    except for the flecks of dust that pepper her face;
    the finger marks that paint a picture;
    the glare of the sunlight. 

my palm floats towards the reflection -
her palm floating to mine.
they touch...
and all hell breaks loose. 

suddenly im somewhere else.
how come my bed is on my right?
why is the birthmark on my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Crazy (Australia) published:

Books

PROMPT: Memory Object

I once hated books, can you believe it?

I held you in my hands, unaware of the love you would bring me. You made no sense to me. I liked your beauty, the pictures you held. I couldn't understand the mad scribble inside. I was angry, so mad. I never wanted you again, unhappy afraid of what I couldn't understand. They forced me, again and again, to pick you up. I felt mad, why were you SO special. 

Days and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Vista of Grace (United States) published:

I Owe Them

PROMPT: Memory Object

A piece of sky
Crumbled to the night
Pushed into a tube to tell us time
Captured to this place for your life
After you fought for your place
So I turn you over so you don't die in vein 
An Hourglass

You go up and down
Provide us with survival gear to fight this curse
You spit out your blood to keep us safe
You travel down a line, pushed by others of your kind
In need of your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6

Delia Rune (United States) published:

Left Behind

PROMPT: Memory Object

I thought we were made for each other. We went everywhere together: the park, school, the bathroom. We slept in the same bed. I comforted you when you cried and celebrated with you when you succeeded. You got your snot, and milk, and crumbs all over me, and I didn't care because I loved you. You called me your blankie. You wrapped yourself with me when it was cold, and I always warmed you up.
So why did you abandon...

Seeking Peer Reviews