All writing published for Film Review Competition 2016. See Competition

Published writing

12507553 911838292248896 4556054644936612528 n

sKRUwriting (India) published:

BOOK REVIEW - GONE, Micheal Grant.

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

GONE by Micheal Grant
review by Kruthi Nagaraja.

The neon green pages are already an attraction but no, since that is not enough, the author has to go and make it even more tempting with the catchy storyline, perfect protagonist and a whacky sense of "saving the day" goals.

Oh, but it's definitely not a put down if you are tired and fed up with these heroic stories because Grant has an altogether different way of saying it. If you...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Mariana Gomez Ruiz (Mexico) published:

Revenant?

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

"Revenant"

I don't believe this was a "film"
I don't agree this was a "movie".
I firmly think this was not "a cinematographic project".

I strongly can assure this was no less than ART.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

Andy lee (United States) published:

Rush Hour 3 Film Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Andy Lee                                            1/13/16
ELA 10
Film Review : Rush Hour 3
    It’s a hilarious comedy, action film that had me laughing until my gut almost burst. Though it is a fairly old film, it can still keep up with comedies made today. The chemistry all the characters create on set is fantastic, especially the partnership between the two main leads Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. This film had many...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

Andy lee (United States) published:

Rush Hour 3 Film Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

ELA 10
Film Review : Rush Hour 3

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

AdamS10cp (United States) published:

Do You Believe in Miracles? Then Watch this Film!

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Miracle Review
    Miracle is a sports movie that is based off of the 1980 U.S.A ice hockey team. This film perfectly illustrates the dramatic, emotional, and exhilarating path the young group of American athletes, averaging the age of 21 years old, went through. As a member of the audience, I felt as though I relived the miracle due to the amount of emotion and detail the movie extracted. The film displays the bitter relationship between the U.S.A, and...

Default avatar user icon

AdamS10cp (United States) published:

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Miracle Review

Default avatar user icon

AdamS10cp (United States) published:

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Miracle Review

Default avatar user icon

Courtney Berman (United States) published:

Plastic, Like a Barbie Doll?

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

With a movie title like “Mean Girls”, directed by Mark Waters,  it is expected that there will be a bunch of fake, backstabbing girls being rude to each other the entire comedy. But, the title actually contradicts what the movie is about. There really is a deeper meaning to how these girls act. Cady (Lindsay Lohan) moves from Africa and begins the new school year attending North Shore High School. She is learning which groups that she would fit into...

Barbadosmap

Josephine O'Grady (United States) published:

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Gilbert Grape (Johnny Depp) is 24 years old and lives in a small house with his mother, Bonnie (Darlene Gates), his two sisters, Amy (Laura Harrington) and Ellen (Mary Kate Schellhardt), and his , Arnie (Leonardo DeCaprio), who has autism and is about to turn eighteen. The movie takes place during autism is poorly understood; most people have never even heard of it. The doctor told Gilbert's family thar Arnie would die at 10 years old, if not before, and...

Barbadosmap

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Gilbert Grape (Johnny Depp) is 24 years old and lives in a small house with his mother, Bonnie (Darlene Gates), his two sisters, Amy (Laura Harrington) and Ellen (Mary Kate Schellhardt), and his , Arnie (Learardo DeCaprio), who has autism and is about to turn eighteen. The movie takes place during autism is poorly understood; most people have never even heard of it. The doctor told Gilbert's family thar Arnie would die at 10 years old, if not before, and...

Untitled %2839%29
1

emilymusic52 (United States) published:

Movie Magic

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Like most mystery movies, "Now You See Me"leaves the audience wondering as if they were watching a real magic show. These are not your ordinary magicians who perform at children's birthday parties. Instead of pulling bunnies out of their hat, their show stopper is robbing a bank. An illusionist (Jesse Eisenberg), an escape artist (Isla Fisher), a hypnotist (Woody Harrelson), and a pickpocket (Dave Franco) join together to form the Four Horsemen (a group of magicians brought together by a mysterious...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1
1

ldurham (United States) published:

Journey of Self-discovery to Get the Crown and Save the Town and Mr. Krabs

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Once in a blue moon, a movie comes along that is so deep and thematically rich, it changes cinema as a whole. This is not a review of that movie. This is a review of the original Spongebob Movie. The Spongebob movie does not attempt to be that movie. It just tries to be a very good movie, which it succeeds at. This may be surprising to those who haven’t seen it, who believe it to be childish. This is...

Default avatar user icon

SamuelF 10cp (United States) published:

Interstellar, the Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Interstellar is a sci-fi thriller. Matthew McCaughey plays the role of Cooper, the protagonist, in the film. McCaughey does a phenomenal job portraying the astronaut, Cooper, sent to go and save the world. He does a great job seeming intelligent, careless, and stubborn in the film.
Cooper changes a lot throughout the film. He starts off as a former NASA pilot that is now a farmer. He then trains for a new mission to go to a planet that is...

Lilacs

Michelle Cho (United States) published:

Super Hero Time

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Film Review: Big Hero 6
Super Hero Time!

Do  you  ever  want  to  know  what  it  feels  like  to  be  a  superhero,  an ordinary person  who  fights  for  the  citizens and  underdogs  no  matter  how  hard  it  may  be? … Then  check  out  the  new  superhero  comedy-film  that  was  produced  by  Walt  Disney  Animation  Studios  titled  Big  Hero  6. It  is  a  2014  film  that  was  directed  by  Don  Hall  and  Chris  Williams.  It  became  the  third  biggest  Walt...

Default avatar user icon

Elieberman (United States) published:

First Draft Interview Film Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Neverending Will
    Oscar nominated Unbroken starring Jack O'Connell and directected by Angliena Jolie, is an uplifting story based on an award winning book by Laura Hillenbrand.  The movie is based on the experiences of a WWII pilot and olympic athlete that goes through hell and back to survive  47 days on a raft in the middle of the Pacific and Japanese war camp.  With the completion of flashbacks and real time action, the movie portrays the struggle of Louis...

Default avatar user icon

Elieberman (United States) published:

First Draft Interview Film Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Neverending Will

Default avatar user icon

Elieberman (United States) published:

First Draft Interview Film Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Neverending Will

Default avatar user icon

Liana Slomka (United States) published:

"The Princess Bride" - Rated "E" for Everyone

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

A classic favorite of many different audiences, The Princess Bride consistently fails to disappoint.  Anyone.  Few people could watch this film without being drawn into the action, the romance, the characters, their motives, and the magic that binds it all together.  Breathtaking camera shots of forests and cliffs combined with fast-paced dialogue and plenty of plot twists accentuate the brilliance of the movie.  Whether it be a couple, a family, friends, or a kid or adult by himself, any viewer's...

Default avatar user icon

SRubin (United States) published:

The Other Guys: A Comedic Masterpiece

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg join forces to create the comedic masterpiece, The Other Guys. In the film, Ferrell plays Detective Allen Gamble, a nerdy officer of the New York Police Department who is quite content with working at his desk as opposed to out in the field. Wahlberg plays Terry Hoitz, Gamble’s partner and polar opposite who wants nothing more than to go out and make heroic arrests. At the start of the film, Gamble and Hoitz are...

Default avatar user icon

Chloe Levitas (United States) published:

How The Ugly Duckling Became Posh: A Film Review On The Devil Wears Prada

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

In fashion, one day you are in, and the next you are out. The 2006 comedy-drama, The Devil Wears Prada, is set in the hustle and bustle of the fashion capital of America, known as New York City. Andy Sachs (played by Anne Hathaway) an upcoming journalist from Northwestern University lands the most coveted job in fashion as Miranda Priestley’s (Meryl Streep) personal assistant--the majorly intimidating ice queen editor in chief of Runway fashion magazine. The director...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

emeyers (United States) published:

Christopher Nolan Strikes Again With Inception

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

Prepare to have your mind blown. Christopher Nolan, director of films like The Dark Knight and The Prestige, has done it again with the absolutely spectacular Inception. Nolan did a remarkable job combining suspense, action, and character development all into a single film, Although it starts off very confusing, Inception keeps the audience craving for their questions to be answered. For those unfamiliar with the plot, it deals with the incredibly skilled thief Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

SamH 10CP (United States) published:

A Movie to Catch

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2016

The 2002 film, Catch Me if You Can, portrays Frank Abagnale Jr.'s coming of age. Introducing the film is an animated title sequence, not unlike that of Pink Panther, that allures and engages the audience with curiosity. Although the film opens with a 1977 episode of the game show To Tell the Truth, the movie's early scenes focus on the disintegration of the Abagnale family and its effects on Frank.
       When he's faced with the choice of which parent will...

Seeking Peer Reviews