All writing published for One Sentence Story

Published writing

Timeless 2
1

Alex Riley (United States) published:

Unrequited Love

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Maybe he only talked to me because we sat together in class, but sometimes when I see him, I forget how to breathe; I swear he can hear my heart beating out of my chest, but he just passes in the hallway without a second glance -- without a single look in my direction.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dg67ibxfuzu2bmsbou5sqs6h3.498x416x1
1

Suri Purefoy (United States) published:

Beacon

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Puckered lips and red blossoms, raven-black hair twirling in the wind, the girl stood against the black sky like a beacon in the mist.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
2

ellier99 (United Kingdom) published:

False Idols

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Kneeling at her alter, she leans in to empty her stomach, banishing another repulsive vision of herself...the bathroom door opens. She freezes, unable to breathe or do anything but let the tears cling to her thinning cheeks. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Fullsizerender
1

Audrey (United States) published:

Forever?

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

It wasn't supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be beautiful and last forever just like in the books and movies, where no matter what life threw at us, we would be able to make it through... but we didn't.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

nathan workman (United States) published:

boats

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Boats in the water at night.

Default avatar user icon

callie_03 (United States) published:

Not enough words

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

How can you capture life in one sentence?

V  5b85
2

marlowen (United States) published:

Choking

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

I told her to run, I told her to scream as loud as she could, but all the smoke from the flames choked her before she could expel a single sound.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 0017
2

imdivergent247 (United States) published:

Trapped

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

She could feel the secrets and lies hanging heavy in the dark room, but all she wanted to know was why she was trapped in her 18 year old neighbor's basement with a gag around her mouth and her neighbor, Troye, leaning against the doorframe with a small smirk and those gleaming emerald eyes she was irked by for the past three years.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

PastelOblivion (United States) published:

Hurricane

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Her eyes were a hurricane of past mistakes.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1
1

CCReed (United States) published:

Gravity of a Situation

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

I hadn't exactly planned on doing this; I never did say yes, but here I was, millions and millions of people chanting my name, chanting for freedom, as I stood above the empty air on the edge of the cliff, preparing for a long, heart-wrenching push from my dear friend Gravity as I reluctantly stepped off and held my breath.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Skiff number 1 dml copyright 2010

Rachel Plageman (United States) published:

the sail boats

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

As the calm water beats against the side of the sail boat, which is flighting through the wind.

Large %2837%29

anerdgirl-writes (United States) published:

In the End

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

All in all, it wasn't the best day of my life, but it wasn't the worst either.  
Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 9547
1
1

geoxanne (Singapore) published:

for one day we will all die

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Millionair or mendicant, judge or janitor, victorious or unprosperous-- past tense we will all become, in the end. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Starlitwolf (United States) published:

Wetness

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

With the torrential rain thundering down, and the world seemingly covered in a never ending gray blanket, I couldn't help but worry where Sade could be; she should have been there much earlier. 

Img 20161015 193631

Angela Soria (United States) published:

Blackout

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Once, when I was five, I got mad at my aunt for reasons I have forgotten but started to stomp off when I at least got five feet away from her-suddenly the light went out.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Chrysanthemum

Ryan Roberts published:

Ryan Dog

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

My name is Ryan, and I am a Christian dog.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture

ChickenNugget (United States) published:

One Month

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

As I sat by the water and stared out into the vast sea I thought about all that had happened in the past 24 hours and how he had abandoned me after only a month because he had a new special someone.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Awesomer erza
1

FantasyWriter (United States) published:

Challenge

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Nothing stays the same even the ideas in our brain.

Fullsizerender
1

Audrey (United States) published:

Forever?

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

It wasn't supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be beautiful and last forever just like in the books and movies, where no matter what life threw at us, we would be able to make it through...make it through together, through thick and thin, sickness and health, we promised each other that, but it looks like you neglected to tell me that you forgot that promise.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Photo3

Book_Nerd (Australia) published:

One sentence story

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

The girl sat next to the grave for hours, the rain washing off her heartbroken tears.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 4665
1

TerenNeret (Malaysia) published:

Even Though

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Even though blood was spilling over grounds once rich with peace, even though hearts were being ripped apart as if made of paper, even though the superheroes were slowly fading away into the great forgotten void, a stranger still smiled and held his umbrella over a girl, protecting her from the rain- with only the thoughts of empathy and kindness in his mind.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1
1

Hailey Duggirala (United States) published:

A starless night

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

It wasn't that he was afraid of the dark when she left, just that he had never known how starless a sky can seem when one is in love, but alone. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 0793

puggles_chan (United States) published:

...

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

The feeling like you can conquer the world with a flick of your hand but can ruin it in one blink, that is the feeling.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 4665

TerenNeret (Malaysia) published:

Even Though

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

Even though blood was spilling over grounds once rich with peace, even though hearts were being ripped apart as if made of paper, even though the superheroes were slowly fading away into the great forgotten void, a stranger still smiled and held an umbrella over a girl, protecting her from the rain- with only the thoughts of empathy and kindness in his mind.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Lil

LadyMidnight (Canada) published:

Slip of the Hand

PROMPT: One Sentence Story

She looked as she always had, her lips a soft shade of amaranth now splattered with ruby, complementing the soft glint in her warm eyes until he felt like he could just slip into the sensation that was her if it were not the knife that she had plunged straight into his chest.

Seeking Peer Reviews