All writing published for A History of Everything, Including You

Published writing

F g
1
1

Phoebe L (United States) published:

contra

PROMPT: A History of Everything, Including You

my last image was of holding your hand tightly as our veins intertwined and pulsed like the highways at night, like the one we had just traveled in the little red ambulance and now I have heard something that sounded so beautiful I wanted to die and it was that optimistic little beep of the electrocardiograph machine but then it just turned into one flat monotonous moan

you were so fragile then, as if your bones were made of spiderwebs and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

jwaugh46259 (United States) published:

World history in 400 words

A lot of people like to assume the creation of everything was accompanied by a horrific sound as if there were a "big bang" but I believe that it was a silent deed as if all the sudden things started appearing. If it was science or if I were created by some higher being I haven't a clue. All that I know is that there was nothing and then all the sudden there were hundreds of thousands of stars and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Anyar (United States) published:

This is what we know

Starting at the beginning is a tricky concept because, if you think about it, there is nothing more controversial. Every group has its own theories; the Big Bang, God, the world has just been a giant turtle this whole time...
So I think it's hard, almost impossible, to start at the beginning. So you, person reading, fill in the blanks with however you think the world started. Because really, as sentient beings, we can choose our universes. And they started...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 6160
1

harshitarrao (United States) published:

Second Thought

Some like to say the world popped into existance all at once, but I say different. The world came into being just like you would fall asleep, slowly at first, then all at once.Soon, in a blink of an eye,the world was up and running, like a jump start to a car that finally stops humming.We were much too smart, to stay animals forever, we evolved pretty quickly, we became pretty clever.Thirteen billion and some years later, I was pushed into...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Tumblr o0pm03bpnr1sv68xeo1 1280

kelsey mills (United States Minor Outlying Islands) published:

the dark

People will tell you it began with a bang - that in an instant, the universe swam is oceans of light and stars. They'll tell you that as eons passed, gas turned to stars and rocks turned to planets. The stories of planets covered in ice and invisible stars are ones we've all heard, as well as the names of the men who discovered them. We talk about the men of history - both those who have built up society,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

charlxo (United Kingdom) published:

Became

It began with a large bang. Depending on your views it could of been and explosion, a God or anything you personally desire. Then things happened. One rock connected with another and then another creating large rocks with a thing called gravity. Then certain particles combined creating stars, black holes and finally galaxies and solar systems. The universe became.

And out of nowhere became a goldilocks planet; Earth. At that point and at a first glance it seemed like nothing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

026
1

Ella Stadel (United States) published:

The History of Us

Empty space. The dark void of which we came from. Nothing from something. Simply spoken, this world. The animals appear, confused and unknowing. We grow from the dust, passions already within us. More and more. Living things all around. Breathing, thinking, learning. Grass trails turn into dirt paths, dirt paths to cement roads. Open shoes find themselves closing, tunics stripped from any being with tesostrone in his bones. Years, years, years. They change, they go by. They sweep you off...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 1333
7
1

theillustratedmetaphor (United States) published:

How It Happens

It starts with a silence. Not a nothing, but a silence. Soundless, but with so much churning under the surface. It starts with the gaseous flower of a supernova and celestial dust hurtling through space before we had the words to describe the voiceless tableau. It starts with the collapse of stars, from unfillable holes giving away their excess to create worlds. 

It's a story of attraction. Dust meeting dust and holding on, like meeting other like quandaries and clutching...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 1333
7
1

How It Happens

Seeking Peer Reviews

April storms profile picture

AprilStorms (United States) published:

Perfect Universe

I was there when the first spec of light hit my universe. I opened my newly useful eyes and looked around at a world that I didn't know looked like this. A span of colors and movement swirled past my wide pupils and all I could see was the precious light. Then it changed, with suddend excitement I was lifted into the air and catapolted around this new space that I was in. A space with air that at first...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Avatar 2eff38b76129 128
3

Grace Hammond (Australia) published:

In Our Time

Time was not created as was the earth. The existence of time does not rely upon the ability of humans to observe it. Before there was physicality, or light, or dirt, or breath, there was time. The interminable, inscrutable, inexplicable phenomenon of time. 

Then there was dust. The gathering of matter and substance in the creation of a perpetually beautiful and imperceptible earth. The formation of spilling bodies of water and the excavation of cavernous depths and the initiation of love...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Cupo

Grace Mary Potts (Australia) published:

Our Beginning (The Significance of Rainy Days)

I adore rainy days. The strong scent of damp earth, the wriggling rivets running down the rain-speckled window pane, wet roads of slick asphalt, skidding shoes and jostling umbrellas and damp coats concealing warm cardigans. It all resolves itself into a rather comforting thing, for me. But, most of all, I love looking through the dotted glass to perceive the persistent presence of the grey mist that hangs in the sky, like a blanket of steel wool. Many find it...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Bookspixlr
3
4

Robert Snider (United States) published:

Microfibers

Our planet’s first moment. A single microfiber in the majestic tapestry of existence, the time Earth herself took her first breath. In the beginning, Earth was barren, pestered only by brazen moon rocks. Then, Earth rocks, the first miracle, came to be. Then volcanoes and continents and oceans and, audacious and valiant…

A single organism. Then a second. Then a third and a fourth, all of them breaking through the seemingly impenetrable roadblocks impeding life. And those intrepid beings opened...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Bookspixlr
3
4

Microfibers

Seeking Peer Reviews